Good Stuff

Reaction score
Handicap
Transition
I see people talking about having them but i'm confused as to why you need them? I can't think how a whole set of clubs would be needed. Maybe it's just a way to justify to the Wife that you need another set of clubs:flowers4u:

Last edited:
I see people talking about having them but i'm confused as to why you need them? I can't think how a whole set of clubs would be needed. Maybe it's just a way to justify to the Wife that you need another set of clubs:flowers4u:

Its a good question, I have always wondered this.

I keep a second set at my inlaws in CA. Makes it so much easier not having to travel with or ship.

Primary gear is stolen or you feel really generous and give them to another THP'er? hahaha

I have one set that I keep at the course. A second set for travel and for rounds not at my club.
And a third set in case anything happens to either other set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have extra clubs, but not quite a full set. I am considering getting filling out the bag for 2 reasons:

1) I love buying golf equipment and having a "back up set" means there are more options for what is a borderline addiction
2) then I have a set in case friends or someone else comes to town, is interested in playing and doesn't want to rest.

#2 might be a way to justify #1, but oh well.

It comes in handy if you have family visiting, but otherwise it's useless. Which is why I'm trying to offload my extra stuff.

I keep a second set at my inlaws in CA. Makes it so much easier not having to travel with or ship.

​I understand this /\

I have one sitting around in case family is in town and wants to golf. Not worth someone taking clubs for a non golf trip but I like to get out on the course with people I haven' seen in a while.

I have a full second set of irons (AP2 714's). I like having them, but they are in a box waiting for me to list them on this website, lol. I'll prob never use them again even though they were wonderful.

I personally can't justify it to myself or my wallet. Back up putters and driver shafts on the other hand....

I have a couple of sets of irons, drivers, woods, hybrids, wedges and putters. You never get rid of the ones that were REALLY good to you.

I don't necessarily have a backup set, as I have spares of certain pieces. An extra set of irons, 3 spare drivers at this point, extra putters, thats about it though. Spare bags.... yup those too.

I wouldn't say I have a set that I would turn to, but I definitely have options if I start to sour on something.

I've never had a true back up set but I left my old set(Wilson FG V2 irons with Callaway and Bridgestone woods), at our condo in Florida. I do know several guys at the club that keep a set permanently at the club and another set at their home or office as a travel/away set.

I go to Little Rock a couple of times a month so I keep a second set at a hotel there. My primary set is at my country place outside Philly. If my wife would give me some room to keep a set at our place in Manhattan, I'd keep a third set there.

Right now, I'm in NY and my Little Rock set is with me as I was in South Carolina last week. So I have them with me and can golf Wednesday @ Neshanic (yeah!) before I fly them back to Arkansas next week.
It's complicated.

i have some gear sitting around that i don't want anymore and haven't aggressively tried to sell. iron sets that have been replaced, driver shaft experiments, putters whose spark didn't last. but a complete backup set? i have no idea why i need that.

I have one set here in TX with Ping G15 irons and one set at my son's place in WI, Ping G25 irons. It's easier having a set there vs. packing one up and checking it on my flight.

I like having it if anything unforseen like getting my primary set stolen or even having an extra set if a friend needs it for a round (this actually happened last year). It's just a set of older clubs that don't have much trade in or resale value.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I keep a second set at our summer home in Texas and a 3rd set that I use just for travel. I consider both a back up set to my primary one.

My back up set is my old set. When i have guests in town they game it and it saves them the cost of rentals and IMO it's better than a rental set.

I do for work purposes, that way for shaft reviews or grip reviews I don't have to alter my gamers.

So does having three complete sets bundle me into this category?

Dont have them...dont need em...got a few putters thats it

i recently played a round with a guy that had a winter set! TM m1 driver, rsi2 irons, scotty putter.......

I keep a second set for traveling. Or if one of my friends/family members feel like playing and they don't have clubs with them.

Back