I have a back-up set for traveling.

I have a backup set in Florida, at my brother's condo, just for convenience!

i recently played a round with a guy that had a winter set! TM m1 driver, rsi2 irons, scotty putter.......

​I would like to have heard the logic behind that :)

I keep an extra set for friends and family to borrow when they are in town.

I have an extra set for a few reasons

1) because I didn't want to lose my rear end when I sold them I felt it was more of a value to hold on to them.

2) for friends and relatives to use.

3) hope to pass a set to my son someday down the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used to have a back up set, one for traveling and one for my main gamers. I find that I'll always prefer my main gamers over the other. At the rate I'm changing clubs, I can no longer afford to have 2 sets. Therefore I've off loaded (and still unloading) clubs from my travel set. Need to sell the 2nd bag as well or else I'll be sucked into fill up the bag again. :banghead:

I see people talking about having them but i'm confused as to why you need them? I can't think how a whole set of clubs would be needed. Maybe it's just a way to justify to the Wife that you need another set of clubs:flowers4u:

It's a habit from my all graphite, driver through putter days. If a club broke I would have something to replace it with. A club I can game while it was being replaced/fixed by the manufacturer. It's just a comfort mechanism which makes for one less thing for me to worry about. My A set is in my signature. My B set is:

Callaway 815 DBD Driver
Callaway 815 Alpha 3 Wood
Titleist 913H Hybrid
Callaway 2013 X-Forged Irons 4-PW
Callaway Jaws 54, 60, 64 Wedges
Odyssey MXM Versa #9HT

I keep my G30's in my locker and my G20s in my jeep. I hit them almost exactly the same.. Peace of mind.. Besides gives me a chance to use different choices for driver putter woods and hybrid combinations. I can be spontaneous and stop anywhere to play or hit balls.. Also when I travel i will use the B set in case they get lost or stolen.

My extra sets are my old ones, circa 2009 and 2011. I don't sell my old sets. Twice a month I commute many islands down south and that's where I keep my extra sets.

My old set is in the basement for friends to use if needed.

I have a couple extra clubs, but do not have a true back up set.

I have 5 sets laying around the house. It's not that I use them, I just have not sold them.

I see people talking about having them but i'm confused as to why you need them? I can't think how a whole set of clubs would be needed. Maybe it's just a way to justify to the Wife that you need another set of clubs:flowers4u:
I don't really justify keeping a backup set. When I got my new clubs, I just didn't feel the need to sell the old set. Does it come in handy when I have family/friends visiting? It has. Does it take up a lot of space in my shed? It doesn't.

I have a back up set and still have them because I haven't decided what to do with them yet. So for now they are there in case something happens to my gamers.

I live in Southern California, but return to the Vancouver area often, and love either playing or practicing when I'm there.

Shipping my clubs, or renting every time would get expensive.

I've got a set of old Tour Action TA5 Cleveland irons, a mish mash of drivers and shaft experiments, a bunch of putters and a couple fairway woods. I also have an old set of ladies clubs I keep around for my wife in case she decides she wants to give it a go. The extra "set" works well when I have guests in town.

I will probably thin the driver and putter herd at some point soon.

Do you have more than one pair of golf shoes? What about watches? Hats? Do you NEED more than one of any of those? People have multiples or different options of a lot of things for various reasons. Maybe someone just has multiple sets because they like them and like having options.

IMO there are actually some good responses so far in why people do. Mainly keeping a set at multiple houses or cities they may go to often. Not sure anyone really needs to give a reason for having a "back up" or second set.

I only have one set and that works for me. It's easier to maintain IMO, but to each their own!

I have enough spare clubs that I could hobble together what could be considered a "back-up set." It makes me feel a little more secure should something happen to my gamer set, like an airline losing them (happened before) or someone stealing them (also happened before).

I have a hard enough time getting authorization to add a club.. Not that I would want 2 sets to clean and maintain.

Needed, no. Have, yes. I just ended up keeping an older set when buying new clubs. I like the idea of having 2 sets; specifically if my gamer set gets stolen outside a clubhouse or vehicle.

I've also got 3 cars, I don't need them all but like having them.

I'm a new owner of a back-up set. I will probably pass them down, but I thought they would be good to keep around for those times when my game is struggling with my current gamers. Maybe break out the old clubs and see if something clicks. Sometimes change is good.

Back