You knew what you were talking about, good stuff.

When you buy your IPA's like I do, one 15.5 gallon keg at a time, you have to make sure it's a good one!!

I'm going to a 30th birthday party on Saturday with this beer list: http://www.endofelm.com/beer-menu/

My cousin recommended Dogfish Head Fort when I saw him last weekend and I might have to get a bottle of Higher Math to split with him. I haven't had the Ballast Point Grapefruit Sculpin yet so that is near the top of the list.

Post any other recommendations or requests and I can try to accommodate them. Also, posts on Saturday after 6pm or so may be judged appropriately.

I had the Grapefruit Sculpin and Kane Overhead IPA. Both were very good. I was going to have a Carton Boat next, but we ended up leaving and heading to another bar and I had Brooklyn Lager and Sam Adams Cold Snap there. I'm a fan of Brooklyn and the first Cold Snap was good, but the second one just seemed a little off.

Going with Bud Light tonight, early and often.

Had a great time in VT this past weekend with a few of my buddies, def. will be back there soon! Didn't get a chance to go to HFS or Fiddlehead, but will next time around. Did try some HFS Citra on draft as well as some SOS and 14th Star Tribute DIPA, loved the 14th Star. Also I can't get enough of Super Session #2! Lucked out on getting a lot of beer (got even more than is pictured) tho, enjoy the pics!
ixQ8UvFl.jpg

2Hdhtx8l.jpg

DUDE! that is one hell of a haul!

put a heady topper and a sip of sunshine, I'm on my way

DUDE! that is one hell of a haul!

put a heady topper and a sip of sunshine, I'm on my way
Marty it was crazy! In the first day we were there we got 3 cases + a 4pk of Heady and a case + a 4pk of SOS. Then the next day I think we got just about 2 cases of Heady + more SOS.
I'll save you some, I'll be back to VT soon (probably closer for you to meet up).

Marty it was crazy! In the first day we were there we got 3 cases + a 4pk of Heady and a case + a 4pk of SOS. Then the next day I think we got just about 2 cases of Heady + more SOS.
I'll save you some, I'll be back to VT soon (probably closer for you to meet up).

we may need to move that to the WNY thread, but I was planning on meeting Andy for a round at the end of the month, will you join us?

This was my haul from Three Floyds over the weekend.
1a7337ebb9b4d430a725de747d6fbeaa.jpg

I'm so proud of you Crest, how was it. And of course I saw it.

Racer 5 IPA for the first time tonight. I this it's Tahoebum who raves about it, but oh lord is it delicious. Ill have to have it again but I think it's now in my top 5 IPAs.
Dude it was really good. Honestly I went in with the attitude it was going to suck and of course it didn't. Won't buy them all the time but definitely on my radar now.

Green Flash Soul Style IPA, it's Meh

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

A little Sumpin' Sumpin' from Laguanitas. Tasty!

Green Flash Soul Style IPA, it's Meh
I'm surprised you don't like it, I had it for the first time this weekend and thought it was pretty good.
A refreshing, slightly fruity IPA.

I had a Lagunitas DayTime last night, pretty tasty Session IPA. Been on a kick for them after loving Super Session #2.

I'm surprised you don't like it, I had it for the first time this weekend and thought it was pretty good.
A refreshing, slightly fruity IPA.

I had a Lagunitas DayTime last night, pretty tasty Session IPA. Been on a kick for them after loving Super Session #2.
Me too actually as I typically enjoy Their IPAs, but it just seemed messy.

I had Sierra Nevada Beer Camp Tropical IPA recently, and they was very good. Similar style just pulled it off better I thought.

I had Sierra Nevada Beer Camp Tropical IPA recently, and they was very good. Similar style just pulled it off better I thought.
I def. like SN Beer Camp Tropical IPA, bought a six pack the other week and only have 1 left!

For all you beer lovers I can't recommend the Hydro Flask True Pint enough. I bought one in December on a trip to Montana and I now own 6 of them. I felt guilty serving my guests beer out of my keg when I was drinking out of such a superior beer glass!:act-up:

hydro-flask-vacuum-insulated-20410.jpg

http://loadoutroom.com/14313/hydro-flask-true-pint-review/

interesting, I would have never considered that type of glass as superior, what do they have that make them better?

I'm asking because I'm curious, I alwaus thought the color and texture was part of the experience, so I usually want a clear glass

also, most people say that to taste the most out of certain beer types, you would need special glass shapes (see examples.) I can see this shape to be great for lagers, stouts and some ales, but I could buy an opaque glass

IPA:
130416204220-ipa-glass-story-top.jpg

barley wines, and strong belgiums:
snifter-beer-glass-set-1a.jpg

Certain beers are better out of a brandy type glass for sure. Color is certainly part of the experience but 90% of the beer I drink is out of a keg and I already know what the color looks like - I don't need to see it for all 120 pints in each keg. It's also hot where I live and much of my beer drinking is outside from April until October. Hydro Flask pints do an amazing job keeping my beer cold and I'm sure on I will love these riding around in my golf cart on the 60+ days this summer that the temps will exceed 90 degrees.

interesting, I would have never considered that type of glass as superior, what do they have that make them better?

I'm asking because I'm curious, I alwaus thought the color and texture was part of the experience, so I usually want a clear glass

also, most people say that to taste the most out of certain beer types, you would need special glass shapes (see examples.) I can see this shape to be great for lagers, stouts and some ales, but I could buy an opaque glass

IPA:

Last edited:
Silver Bullet the Official beer of the King

75f6d14a03d3546d4566793149667c83.jpg

The King only drinks when the mountains are Blue

Thought I'd give this one a try. Schöfferhofer Grapefruit Hefeweizen.

766406df430a209c77a1d07cac31c113.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

These are very good

5bdcc17e2da4fc9509cb479c3b39352a.jpg

Toppling Goliath Pseudo Sue Ale.

Might be my favorite beer overall.

Silver Bullet the Official beer of the King

75f6d14a03d3546d4566793149667c83.jpg

The King only drinks when the mountains are Blue

The official beer of me in college haha

Back