St. Louis, MO THP Outing - Gateway National April 16, 2016

Would definitely want to tee off close to 9.

Cool deal; we'll go with that. Still playing phone tag with the manager at Far Oaks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We got any plans to do any games during the Gateway round?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

We got any plans to do any games during the Gateway round?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

We'd talked about a 2-man shamble. I'm up for whatever.

We could possibly do a closest to the pin and a long drive. Try to work out a way for some kind of prize, maybe prepay for a THP or Gateway shirt and the winners pick them up/put the order in for their size. Everyone that wants to get in can chip in their share of the cost depending on #'s and get it worked out with JB or the pro shop at Gateway. If we have 12 guys at $10 a piece we could get 2/$60 shirts.

By the way - I have a few local guys I can hit up to fill out a foursome if needed.

I'm good for Saturday and Sunday am as well. Looking forward to it!

Updated ins for first post for Wubears:

Hunter57
Zenger
Zenger guest
Rambler
adamw238
mr3putt

Re: Far Oaks - I talked w/ Tyler at the pro shop just now. Here is the scoop for Sunday AM April 17th:

--Rack Rate would $59.99; they'll do $49.99 per player so that saves us a few bucks.
--I booked 4 foursomes - will probably only need 3 but I just grabbed an extra that we can cancel if needed as long as we cancel 24 hours in advance or more.
--Tee times are 8:57, 9:06, 9:15, 9:24

So - who's in for Sunday AM as well?

Re: Far Oaks - I talked w/ Tyler at the pro shop just now. Here is the scoop for Sunday AM April 17th:

--Rack Rate would $59.99; they'll do $49.99 per player so that saves us a few bucks.
--I booked 4 foursomes - will probably only need 3 but I just grabbed an extra that we can cancel if needed as long as we cancel 24 hours in advance or more.
--Tee times are 8:57, 9:06, 9:15, 9:24

So - who's in for Sunday AM as well?

Sounds good. I'm pretty sure @adamw238 and I are in for the Sunday morning round.

Looking thru the thread again... looks like we have the 3 groups for Saturday and may need a 4th depending on the maybes. Double check me on this everyone:

NameSaturday Sunday
wubears71Satmaybe
5150SatSun
DaddioSatmaybe
so-illhackerSatSun
LSMOSatmaybe
hammer84Satmaybe
RamblerSatSun
ZengerSatmaybe
Zenger GuestSatmaybe
hunter57SatSun
adamw238SatSun
mr3puttSatSun
MSH134maybemaybe
IceyShanksmaybemaybe
Shakeymaybemaybe
Texasbronsmaybemaybe

12 so far, that will be a good group. Hopefully we can get that to 16.

12 so far, that will be a good group. Hopefully we can get that to 16.

You in for Sunday too LSMO?

I doubt i will play Sunday. Might play an early 9 on sat though

Anobody got a room yet? I've been looking and I'm leaning towards the Comfort Inn in Fairview Heights, they're usually decent. It's right on I-64, just about 10-15 minutes from Gateway and looks like about 5 minutes from Far Oaks. Should make it easy to check out and get the Sunday round in. Kayak has the rooms for $84 for 1 or 2 people. Lots of good places to eat close by also.

Ill probably book there this evening.

Anobody got a room yet? I've been looking and I'm leaning towards the Comfort Inn in Fairview Heights, they're usually decent. It's right on I-64, just about 10-15 minutes from Gateway and looks like about 5 minutes from Far Oaks. Should make it easy to check out and get the Sunday round in. Kayak has the rooms for $84 for 1 or 2 people. Lots of good places to eat close by also.

Booked

Got my room this evening also!

Booked as well!

OP updated with the Saturday list.

I will not be golfing Sunday. Sorry guys!

If we get more interest I'll add another 4 some to Saturday.

This is a serious ponder but my wife and I fly out early Sunday AM for Vancouver....not sure I can make this work

This is a serious ponder but my wife and I fly out early Sunday AM for Vancouver....not sure I can make this work

If your flying out early, it might be easier to just stay close to the airport Saturday night... Just come up extra early get in a round with us and take her out to eat somewhere nice:act-up:

If your flying out early, it might be easier to just stay close to the airport Saturday night... Just come up extra early get in a round with us and take her out to eat somewhere nice:act-up:
Haha I know right. Might be able to make that work. Have to double check flight times and decide if I want to lug my clubs to Vancouver too.

Really looking forward to this course after looking at it more!

Really looking forward to this course after looking at it more!

It's starting to green up. I'll snap some pics today.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Unfortunately I'm going to have to back out of this. I got a last minute chance to go to Vegas and play the next 5 days and my buddy has also asked me to caddy for him in a local county am tournament on April 16. Don't want to upset the wife with too many golf trips

Back