Valspar Championship (Tampa) comes to town

I'll probably be there sunder

I do think it's a bit of a shame this event isn't a bigger deal. this course is real fun to watch.

It doesn't appear Mr. Speith is playing well enough to defend but I guess you never know!!

Don't forget to set your fantasy lineups this week!

This golf course is awesome, love watching the coverage of this tourney! Fantasy team is set, hoping not to start the season off in a huge hole!

Have played this course quite a few times and I love it. Totally underrated in my opinion. Just a great course and very different from most FLA ones. Very interested to see the changes they made in the renovation last year. Hope Spieth gets his game going and is in the mix.

I do think it's a bit of a shame this event isn't a bigger deal. this course is real fun to watch.

I'm wondering with all the Trump controversy with Doral if this may not end up being a WGC event in the near future. The golf course top notch. Better than Doral in my opinion.

Im considering a trip there if I don't end up playing this week.

Valspar extended their title sponsorship for another 3 years. I know that doesn't sound like a huge thing, but considering this tournament has always had trouble with hanging onto their sponsors, it makes me happy to see Valspar is sticking with it for another few years.

Valspar extended their title sponsorship for another 3 years. I know that doesn't sound like a huge thing, but considering this tournament has always had trouble with hanging onto their sponsors, it makes me happy to see Valspar is sticking with it for another few years.

I believe its the first time they have had a renewal on PGA Tour, correct?

I believe its the first time they have had a renewal on PGA Tour, correct?

I believe so. The only other possible sponsor renewal would have been Chrysler way back in the early 2000's?

Definitely looking forward to following this tournament this week!

I believe so. The only other possible sponsor renewal would have been Chrysler way back in the early 2000's?

JC Penney?

JC Penney?

Oh yeah, JC Penny too. If it wasn't those two then it's Valspar. Either way, here's hoping the tournament can pick up some momentum the next few years and stick around.

Travelers and fedex renewed I believe? Fedex renewed for 5 years in 2012?

Travelers and fedex renewed I believe? Fedex renewed for 5 years in 2012?

First sponsorship renewal for this tournament to be more specific.

Have any of you played Innisbrook Resort (Copperhead)?

First sponsorship renewal for this tournament to be more specific.
ah, than yes I think you guys are right... probably shouldn't skim so much today

A lot of us living in Florida probably have, I haven't played it in a few years, but when I did it was for a charity fund raiser and an amazing course

Probably 100 times.
Its not only close to where I live, its part of the Salamander Group that is in charge of Innisbrook, Hammock Beach and Reunion Resort.

I've played it I think three times now. Hard. Freakin. Course. Not unfair hard, just very challenging from tee to green and when those greens get some speed in them, they can be very challenging to two putt if you're in the wrong spots.

I never really watch this one, i don't know if its cause of the field or if its cause of the course but jsut something about it just doesn't excite me.

Back