How Long Do You Take To Make A Golf Purchase?

Given the revolving door of purchases I have, I would have thought it would have been shorter, but I actually end up thinking about it longer than I thought. It took me about a month before I finally decided to pull the trigger on the irons I got fitted for.

It depends, irons take a while, more like paralysis through analysis. Wedges are similar but not quite as bad. All others it can happen pretty quickly.

It all depends on the situation.

I took a couple weeks to decide on my irons. I knew going into buying them it would be a good 10 years or more most likely before I replaced them, if I ever replace them. I was also waiting for the X-22's to be released so that delayed my purchase by a week or more.

My putter, I was off of work and meeting my wife for lunch. I had time to kill so I stopped by Golf Galaxy. Looked around, tried a few putters and then went to meet my wife for lunch. After lunch I went and got my putter.

My driver and fairway woods, I knew I wanted them after trying my brothers, it just took time before I was up at Golf Galaxy to buy them.

I will search briefly for a cheaper price, but I'm a pretty impulsive buyer. So if I see it, and I want it, I usually buy it pretty quickly. I do have buyers remorse a lot of time, but it goes away after a while.

As others have said. It really baited. I may research a set of irons for a month before pulling the trigger.

But I've been known to buy a wedge or putter or FW after seeing it for 1 minute in the store.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

If it is a sale item, I tend to pull the trigger pretty quickly. A bigger purchase such as a new set of irons, I tend to be a little more deliberate on.

Depends on the price range. If it's under $100, I'll probably buy it on the spot. Over that and I'm probably putting some time into researching it.

For instance, I'm dragging my feet on buying a Bettinardi. I know I want one, but I don't know which one exactly ... so until I get to test out a couple of models, I'm not plunking down the coin.

It depends on what I'm looking for. Usually a day for cheaper things like golf balls, hats, gloves or minor accessories. Anything over $50 and the wife gets upset if I don't consult my books/account.

To get into my bag, the club needs to outperform my current gamers. If they can do that then they've got a very good chance. This can take only minutes.

I usually buy it quickly but it has to be just what I want not close exactly. I used to burn thru iron sets because I wouldn't do the work

It depends, I usually end up being an impulse buyer, or worse Ebayer. I have bought more clubs than I can count on Ebay offering what I deem a really low bid that will never win, then somehow holds up.

I am trying to get myself in the practice of actually demoing and getting a better idea of fitting for any new club. Will see how well I improve at that.

Depends on my mood...then my wants and needs. I usually ponder for awhile, search for best value and then pull the trigger.

I research online, checking reviews, and testimonials.
Then price check everywhere.
Then make the purchase.
Been disappointed too many times with brand new items, so now research everything.

Swyped while swerving on my S6 edge

I take anywhere from a few days to now going on 3-1/2 months.

I joined THP in 2011 because of the review thread on the Scor wedges. It took 3 years before I pulled the trigger on them.
Since then, I've swapped out my entire bag (including the bag twice). I'm still not all that impulsive on clubs and hate to pay MSRP for them.

I'll obsessively research all night and order the same night if I get hooked on something. Definitely dumb tho

Depending on the item it can be as quick as that day or even months pondering and testing.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

The quickest : 5 minutes.

The longest : 2 months. .... thinking .... thinking ..... and still buy . OMG !!

It takes me a while anywhere from 1-3 months. I have to see them, get the specs, and see the reviews to see if they compare to my feelings. I try and locate aa demo set and if I can't demo (except for wedges) I usually get cold feet and probably won't buy.

If I want it, I research it for a bit and buy it. Slightly impulsive but only after I research the product.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've had some rough times in the past years, still recovering from that.. But it does depend on the price of what I'm buying.
Under €200 it's done quite fast, do my research and takes me no more then a few days.
€200-300 range takes me a couple weeks.
Anything >€300 can't say, haven't done that in over a decade.

I've been wanting a new set of irons for close to two years now, I'm really close to having the budget.. But as competition starts in less then a month it's not a good time to buy right now, will have to wait another 6-7 weeks I guess :)

Too long! I bought a beginner TopFlite box set and am starting to look into replacing the irons. Twice now I've had a set of Cobras (Fly-Z XL and then Fly-Z) at what I felt was an insane price and hesitated only to come back and find them sold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Getting shorter by the minute. I think I'm having withdrawal fits!!

Depends on the product, equipment, takes me a while and is a thought out decision and process.

Apparel accessories shorter time frame.

Balls i pick them up all the time.

Depends for me. Sometimes it's a day or less other times, like these Flyknit Chukkas it's a long term ponder

For me, almost anything golf, specifically clubs and apparel that is a new release, is too much for me to spend.
I'm always looking for a deal, but when I find a good one, I'm pretty quick to pull the trigger.

Back