The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Word thru the grapevine is that my Manager that resigned a few weeks back hates his new job, and is going to come and see me about coming back to the shop.

I'm conflicted. He left on good terms, was an awesome manager, and has been with the shops forever. However, I've had a number of guys step up big time over the past few weeks.

Not sure what to do with this one.
That's a tough spot right there

Word thru the grapevine is that my Manager that resigned a few weeks back hates his new job, and is going to come and see me about coming back to the shop.

I'm conflicted. He left on good terms, was an awesome manager, and has been with the shops forever. However, I've had a number of guys step up big time over the past few weeks.

my mom and I are often of different opinions here. she likes to be proactive and hire somebody because the need may be there soon. I prefer to wait until we have to hire somebody, because that "may need" doesn't come with a "may cost money;" it DOES cost money regardless of whether the "may need" happens.

so my $0.02 is he had his chance. don't hire unless you can't make it without him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Before even talking to him. I would feel out those thst have stepped up big, to see how they would feel anout it. In the end it's your call, but in a small working environment like that, if they aren't all on board it could make the chemistry and morale tough.

tough spot. In the guys that stepped showed you that nobody is irreplaceable. While the guy who took a chance on finding something better. Sounds to me like you don't need the guy back and if you bring him back it could send the wrong message to those how have stepped up. I like CAA_Beat's approach and feel out the current crew

There are four adults in my living room and I'm the only one not snoring. Golf is going on the tv in about 2 minutes....

Until the next opportunity comes around.

If anything, he comes back with a pay cut. If he wants to prove he is committed he'll take it and work his way back up.

Out all week in a rental. This thing was tough to get used to. Am I just too slow to accept change?

617f85b7350d840916dff08f867a5277_zps77qj0er0.jpg

Haha i struggled with the rental in Alabama as well.

JM

I drive a manual shift…and now whenever I hop in anyone else's car I slam my left foot down on the floorboard (imaginary clutch pedal) every time I take my foot off the gas. My parents neighbors must think they have a subwoofer in that Crown Vic…

Haha i do the exact same thing in automatics!

Thanks to Canadan's request for pictures of my putter collection, I realized that I might have a slight addiction. Today, after seeing the number of putters at my buddy's house, I am now somewhat concerned that I don't know how many putters I have stored here at home.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

At terminal, board in an hour. Didn't sleep well at all last night, now have to travel across the country on time change day and meet people later this afternoon. Going to be an energy drink kind of day.

At terminal, board in an hour. Didn't sleep well at all last night, now have to travel across the country on time change day and meet people later this afternoon. Going to be an energy drink kind of day.

Can't sleep on planes?

I know it's a pain, but we really appreciate what you're doing.

Time changes and issues sleeping last night. Going to be a long day.

I know it's a pain, but we really appreciate what you're doing.

THanks buddy. Happy to. We said 2016 was #ChangeTheGame and it is going to continue. Just so much fun going around.

God bless canton airport 3rd in line at security..heading to ATL to get to cali

Be safe out there. When do you get back?
Redeye back thurs night get in fri at 10am then going to cincy with fam after kids done with school

Redeye back thurs night get in fri at 10am then going to cincy with fam after kids done with school
That's right, you did tell me that

Delta leg room is amazing. I hope flight to cali isnt this tight
cada8893ce55d7285bc038ee501371d3.jpg

I have leg room but how about this. Haven't even taken off yet

01c05b7f453ecf64f2df6e5d79bf198d.jpg

Ahhh much better...lots of empty seats and a few in exit rows so moved up
3f493247378b0761d065628d711cabce.jpg

Figured out a good way to set up tablet on plane

e27b45fce5a1c131cade666fac1a4b40.jpg

Side view
96285b9b0a4a1addda02d13127456cd1.jpg

Status