The House Searching / Buying/ Building Thread

What a roller coaster we've been on, the previous owner didn't pay state or federal taxes for many years and somehow evaded property taxes too. They wanted us to pay the back taxes on the property if we wanted the house, needless to say we declined. Just as we were ready to move on we got a call a couple days ago asking if we were still interested and it's moving forward again, Home inspection tomorrow, appraisal today, locked in mortgage rate at 3.5% and we may be in it after all if the inspection comes back solid and it appraises.
I hope it works out for you Marc. It looks like a really nice place.
Ha ha! The only reason I want the houses for that room. It will fit my brewing my woodworking my golf in my cigars. Unfortunately it's a little too expensive for us. But I can dream
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And that's the differences in markets. I was thinking if it was in a good neighborhood, it was a steal at that price.

If we wind up leaving our sunny compound I would need a man cave like that. Plus I know my fellow THPers would be able to give me some great ideas on how to set it up.

​I put this in at one of my homes this week.

Attachments

• IMG_0375[1].jpg
    IMG_0375[1].jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 0
Thanks. The landscaping starts next week. Here is a picture of the front so far.

Attachments

• IMG_0366[1].jpg
    IMG_0366[1].jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 0
​I put this in at one of my homes this week.

Looks great - have a similar set up at home but with a TV insert above - I live outside at night 8 months a year - this is indispensable for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The inspection went ok, pretty much found the obvious electrical and settlement issues with a home that old, but it's nothing that scares me. It will take about $10k to fix everything but I plan on doing more than that and can do it a little at a time over the years.

Everything is moving forward so hopefully April 5th we close and can start moving in. Not sure what's happening with the unpaid taxes but our realtor said it's not going to affect us in any way.

Fingers Crossed.

Glad to see things are progressing nicely Marc! Congrats to you and your family man.

JM

The inspection went ok, pretty much found the obvious electrical and settlement issues with a home that old, but it's nothing that scares me. It will take about $10k to fix everything but I plan on doing more than that and can do it a little at a time over the years.

Everything is moving forward so hopefully April 5th we close and can start moving in. Not sure what's happening with the unpaid taxes but our realtor said it's not going to affect us in any way.

Fingers Crossed.

Good luck! It's a stressful time but hopefully it all ends well

Selling a house is stressful.

We've had a few stop by and several drive by.

Just a tad.

I'm starting to wonder do if it is the "For Sale by Owner".
We tried the for sale for owner with our last house and I don't think we will do it again. Lots of stress with having to keep the house clean and then showing the house. We got a realtor and it was so much easier. It's much nicer not having to pay the realtor fees but so much easier getting the house sold.

Hope it works out well for you guys though. I'd buy it if it wasn't in Ohio. Haha

Looked at three solid houses today, probably putting in an offer tomorrow. Going to sleep on it.

Great location, great views, backs to green belt, ponds are close. Gorgeous house with many nice features. Wish us luck

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

Looked at three solid houses today, probably putting in an offer tomorrow. Going to sleep on it.

Great location, great views, backs to green belt, ponds are close. Gorgeous house with many nice features. Wish us luck

Good luck

Good luck!!

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket

Selling a house is stressful.

Taking the FSBO route is really difficult, my wife and I tried that route and we sat on it for a while, we decided the realtor route would be worth the commission in the long run and we sold it within a month under her guidance and networking power. Good luck dude, I suspect you have a bit more patience than we did.

We tried the for sale for owner with our last house and I don't think we will do it again. Lots of stress with having to keep the house clean and then showing the house. We got a realtor and it was so much easier. It's much nicer not having to pay the realtor fees but so much easier getting the house sold.

Hope it works out well for you guys though. I'd buy it if it wasn't in Ohio. Haha

Taking the FSBO route is really difficult, my wife and I tried that route and we sat on it for a while, we decided the realtor route would be worth the commission in the long run and we sold it within a month under her guidance and networking power. Good luck dude, I suspect you have a bit more patience than we did.

Thanks for the info gents. The patience is growing thin for sure. Had one family come through yesterday and their kids were jumping on couches. I said to myself who does that, then proceeded to ask them to politely calm their children.

The commission aspect is what is the frustrating piece. They want 8% which seems a tad high. I think we are going to regroup after the showing today and see where we are at.

Thanks for the info gents. The patience is growing thin for sure. Had one family come through yesterday and their kids were jumping on couches. I said to myself who does that, then proceeded to ask them to politely calm their children.

The commission aspect is what is the frustrating piece. They want 8% which seems a tad high. I think we are going to regroup after the showing today and see where we are at.

8% does seem a little high, can you negotiate that down a bit?

8% does seem a little high, can you negotiate that down a bit?

We are going to try. Have a few realtors that have called over the last two weeks we are going to schedule an appointment with.

My wife was saying down that way that there's no way you should be paying 8%. In Green it's customary for commission to be 6% of the first 100k and 4% thereafter. And of course commission is always negotiable.

If you guys go the realtor route, my wife can refer you to her sister who is one of the top 10 realtors in Summit and Stark counties.

8%? Man.. That would get the house sold fast depending on how the split was done but that seems really high lol

What company out of curiosity, and if it is not mine, would you like the name and phone number of someone who may not charge quite so much?

We are successfully under contract to purchase our first home!

We are successfully under contract to purchase our first home!

Congrats!!!!

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket

Back