Titleist Vokey SM6 Wedges Review Thread

Is the coating like PXG clubs? I really like the black, but will it last?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

The jet black finish will wear over time to a raw finish.

The Vokey black is really good. It'll last for a while and will just show normal wear. I think the MD3 black finish is the best finish I've seen performance wise, but the Vokey black finish is a close second

This is the raw black on the SM5 that I used all of last year. I'm very pleased with the way it wore in.

f3d0b41bd088850072fac41f2dc4a441.jpg

f82d42963621722288363e1f5cf504df.jpg

This is the raw black on the SM5 that I used all of last year. I'm very pleased with the way it wore in.

Yea that's really not too bad. Very nice wedges also!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Vokey black is really good. It'll last for a while and will just show normal wear. I think the MD3 black finish is the best finish I've seen performance wise, but the Vokey black finish is a close second

Gotta agree with Philly and Colin. I had the 5's and game the hell out of them and had zero issues with the way they wore. I knew the face was going to wear to the raw look I was just nervous about rust and absolutely hate it on clubs. I'm very diligent in cleaning my clubs and I never saw rust.

I picked up a 60 L grind this afternoon that'll hopefully see some range time this week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So I've taken these threw a couple rounds. All I can say is wow! The performance you get on the controlled wedge shots is insane. The spin these can create is like nothing I've ever had. I understand these are new but I've never seen this kind of spin on half wedge shots. The CG placement on these seems to be legit tech. Will need to hit some more full shots with them to get a more accurate idea though. First thoughts though is wow!!!

Thank you all for your input. Didn't want my desire for these wedges to just be emotionally motivated, even though confidence and appearance is part of the game. Looking forward to the time when I can make the purchase. #VokeyNation #SM6

Saw these in hand at Golf Galaxy yesterday and they're honestly pretty killer looking, in all three finishes (I'm a satin fan myself though). They actually had all the grinds and variations in store which surprised me.

First time in about 3 or 4 releases a Vokey wedge has really caught my eye.

Saw these in hand at Golf Galaxy yesterday and they're honestly pretty killer looking, in all three finishes (I'm a satin fan myself though). They actually had all the grinds and variations in store which surprised me.

First time in about 3 or 4 releases a Vokey wedge has really caught my eye.

just buy some already. You know you want to, they are just screaming "James, game me!"

Yeah these wedges are definitely lookers for sure! I toyed around with Hox's 56 degree while waiting for our round to start the other day and I liked what I saw in the little use I got with them. These will be replacing my current wedges, without a doubt!

just buy some already. You know you want to, they are just screaming "James, game me!"

Oh I'm sure I'll tinker with them eventually. Why not?

These are on my radar but for a 50 degree. Not sure about the grind

Was just hitting the 50F. Fantastic. About the same distance as my current 50, but lower flight and more spin.

Well these sure are nice!
71009fdede1e5ea5675b47b53fb8a049.jpg

yeah they are ok. If you are looking for a gorgeous wedge.

yeah they are ok. If you are looking for a gorgeous wedge.

It is great finally seeing them in person, that black finish is INCREDIBLE

Hmm, after seeing that pic I might go one of each finish... (Same lofts and finishes as in the pic)

Just ordered the 52 F Grind, i love the square full sole for full shots 110 yards and in for me.

After hearing J.S. talk about how stupid easy the K grind is out of the sand I am extremely intrigued.

Still pondering which route to go. Pickup my 50 degree Ping G wedge to go with my irons. Either 1 or 2 vokeys will be added to the bag. Just trying to determine if i need something in the 60ish range, or just a 56 to do everything...

Just ordered my black 50F. Thinking 54S and I'm still not sure what I want to do with the 58. Either S or M or K? Too many choices!

Luckily, with my new home course being Titleist exclusive I got to tinker around with these a bit this past week.

I have to admit, the SM4 and SM5 did nothing for me, but these are different. Aesthetically I know the variable CG based on loft has been done before, but it looks badass. As usually, they have that Vokey feel and the performance really seemed to be there. I was honestly impressed.

Last edited:
Back