The best shot of the round

Dude. 87 yds, 60*, one hop and in for eagle. With 3 of my HS kids. That's scary.

10308342_889235774206_4553797779589149179_n.jpg

#oldguyscangolf

Hit a six iron today from 162 yds. to the hole and at impact I knew it was good. The new Cobra King F6 fitted irons are sweet, and this was the best of many good iron shots today. The pin was in the front of the green that was below the fairway about 15 feet, so I didn't see the 6 iron shot hit the green but I KNEW it was good, right on line, a crisp feel at impact and finished with the belt buckle pointing to the target. Yeah, I was posing. :smile-big: Drove down the small hill to the green and there it was, 5 feet behind the hole, and I made the birdie putt.

Love these Cobra King F6 irons, and the F6 Driver.

Needed to close the round with three pars to hit 90. On 16 I striped my drive 230 yards dead center of FW leaving me 100 yards to go. PW pin high and two putt for par had me believing.

I ended bogey and double, but very pleased with the execution on 16.

Two shots come to mind yesterday. 54* from 95 yards. Took it right over the flag and backed it up to 5 feet. Sunk the putt for par.

Also 54* from 110 slightly downhill. Had it hop n stop to tap in range. I thought I almost holed it.

Tee shot, straight as an arrow. 240 yards. Chip on was tracking towards the hole and my first eagle ever before it hit an effin cigarette butt and kicked left. Made the putt for birdie though.

83ce241fbd5e9513d2c7aab15ea012f4.jpg

Finally picked up another birdie. It had been almost 3 weeks since my last one and I was starting to doubt I was every going to circle a number on my card again!

137 yard par 3 over a pond into a breeze. I hit an 8 iron that finished 13 feet right of the hole, pin high. The right-to-left curler never left the proper line and dropped in for a 2.

Nothing else really to speak of. I had a few good pitch shots, but because I wasn't playing my normal ball, I was getting no spin at all... so nothing really settled close to the hole for me.

Tee shot, straight as an arrow. 240 yards. Chip on was tracking towards the hole and my first eagle ever before it hit an effin cigarette butt and kicked left. Made the putt for birdie though.

83ce241fbd5e9513d2c7aab15ea012f4.jpg

Great job Deuce.

Deuce with F6 bombs! YES!

Yesterday, but I forgot to post. I hit a 6i from 207 on a par 3 (downhill, about 192 w/ slope) to 3 feet. Beautiful towering 6i that landed like a sack of flour. Was glorious.

I had a chip in birdie, from just off the green yesterday. The best part was a gentleman sitting on the next tee box happen to be watching and even clapped.

I had a chip in birdie, from just off the green yesterday. The best part was a gentleman sitting on the next tee box happen to be watching and even clapped.

Hahaha, always more fun with an audience. Then you get to do the little TV wave/cap-tip.

Yesterday, but I forgot to post. I hit a 6i from 207 on a par 3 (downhill, about 192 w/ slope) to 3 feet. Beautiful towering 6i that landed like a sack of flour. Was glorious.

#GolfGoals

192 is either a killed 4 iron that will likely go left on me or a smooth hybrid that'll leak right.

6 iron to 3 feet is always fun to say or type. I only get to say or type it when responding to someone who said they did it.

Nice shot!

Great job Deuce.
Thanks ... boy was I hot when that ball kicked left. My playing partner was like "Dude, it hit a cigarette butt ... I think it was going to go in!". Not what I wanted to hear, but them's the breaks. Next time I guess I sweep the green before I make my chip shots. Though the members there treat that course like an ashtray ... we'll most likely never be back.

I haven't gotten the F6 on Game Golf yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if my driving average seriously goes up with this club. My FIR certainly has. Always nice to look back on a round and see 50% FIR as an "off day".

I had some help from the wind and a firm fairway but my game golf registered my longest drive today at 301 yards. I knew I put it out there a good ways but rarely do I creep up to that distance.

Torn between 2 shots from yestrday. First was 187 from the left side of the fairway into a par 4, pin on left and about a 15mph headwind. I had to draw the ball around tree about 15 yards. Hit that one to about 15-20 feet. The other was a drive into the heaviest wind of the day about 20-25 mph. I hit the drive as pure as I possibly could and ended up going 272 yards total on wet fairways so at most 5 yard roll. I could have sat there all day and not hit another one farther with the wind the way it was, such a sexy penetrating ball flight and just felt perfect.

Green side bunker, about 20 feet to pin, hit the pin but didn't go in. Tap in for par.

Every single drive I hit today was fantastic, but my approach on #18 to 12 inches was probably the highlight!

lots today. I liked the 35' bomb I made for birdie. I liked the 240y 4w I crushed. but the best was probably #13, 122 uphill with the wind so hit md3 50 and while it didn't feel great the impact showed tap dead center and the ball hit about 2' past the hole and backed up right by the hole less than a foot away. pretty sweet bird.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a couple great options yesterday, but I think the two choices have to be the 9 iron into the wind from 130 that I stuck to 5 feet, and the 30 yard pitch I had left for my third shot on a par 5 that I stuck to about a foot for a tap in birdie.

1ed0220f1fe52bd5eab79334dbf549c1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Drive on #11, 282 total into the a slight wind. Started down the left side & cam back to split the fairway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

52 degree Harry Taylor wedge from 105 to 3', even came back toward the hole 4 feet.

I would say it was a tie between a 40' putt that I dropped for birdie and a 9 iron from 145 yards to about 2 feet.

3W from 185 into the wind and snow flurries........

Tap in birdie. Yusss!

JM

68 yards to the pin over the bunker, hit the stick!!!! Tap in birdie.

After hitting zero good shots in my first round of the year last weekend, hit two pretty good ones today. First was a 336yd bomb to the 150 marker on a 486yd par 5. That ball was nuked. I don't think I hit one as well as this one all last season. Second one was a 141yd 9 iron from a blind location in the native rough to 10' on #18 for my only birdie of the day.

Didn't play great (87) but had a few highlights.
#4, a short par 5 (480 Yards.) Popped my driver up somehow and ended up right behind a tree. sliced a 5 iron back into the middle of the fairway. Had 186 Yards left, a touch uphill. We were straight into the wind, so I pull a 7 iron. It was one of those shots where, before you even bring you head up to watch it, you say to yourself "that's the one." Tight little two yard draw, landing just past pin high, 6 feet from the cup. Made the birdie putt and was pleased the rest of the day...

Back