THP Regional Rivalry - NY/NJ vs New England - Sponsored By True Temper

Yes, NY/NJ watch out as My errant tee shots could hit you and as for the communication part I really appreciate El Capitan yelling FORE for me.

If we pair up, we can use my drive.

Your in trouble buddy. I'm taking her 3&2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I second this.

Was able to get out again with El Capitan and some of the Carolina contingent.

Short game and irons were on point today off tee was still a challenge and putting was just okay

Nerf for the win!

Thanks for the votes guys!! It was just a fun day on the course. I holed out from 40 yards away for birdie. Dean told me I wasted my shot of the year on my second round. I may have won 1 up with handicaps.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the votes guys!! It was just a fun day on the course. I holed out from 40 yards away for birdie. Dean told me I wasted my shot of the year on my second round. I may have won 1 up with handicaps.

Nice win!

Sorry to hear ddec couldn't take advantage of the strokes he was getting... Sounds like a great day. Unfortunately my wife and normal playing partner has a back injury so we haven't been able to get out there this year.

The win was never in doubt. Very nice hole out for birdie

Sorry to hear ddec couldn't take advantage of the strokes he was getting... Sounds like a great day. Unfortunately my wife and normal playing partner has a back injury so we haven't been able to get out there this year.
Sorry to hear that. I'm taking advantage of this week is my spring break from school. Next week is back to school all the time until May.

The win was never in doubt. Very nice hole out for birdie

Hard to win when your opponent is getting pops and goes natural birdie, par, par on 3 of the final four. I told her she is a lot like playing you. She hits nothing but fairways of the tee, and can safe shop at Osh Kosh hehe

We had a blast out there yesterday, she was getting a shot a hole. The way it worked out, if I got higher than par I wasn't winning holes. I played fairly well(+6) on the round, but she played very consistent.

Just been grinding away the best I can indoors and in the man cave keeping the putting stroke grooved. If it's not that windy today I may head to the range for some work. Problem with my range is you're always hitting into the wind so it's tough to tell how well you're actually hitting it.

Dean good to see you have competition that will keep you sharp!

This has been an off week for golf, working on the nursery and just got back from a weekend visiting family. This week the dialing in will continue, should get warmer by the end of the week!

Just been grinding away the best I can indoors and in the man cave keeping the putting stroke grooved. If it's not that windy today I may head to the range for some work. Problem with my range is you're always hitting into the wind so it's tough to tell how well you're actually hitting it.

Dean good to see you have competition that will keep you sharp!
Hopefully the last of this crappy weather.

Hopefully the last of this crappy weather.

I'm missing the snow and headed down your way for a week for work. Hopefully I don't bring the weather with me.

Love this! Great shot too!!! Congrats- I hope you made a bet haha

I'm missing the snow and headed down your way for a week for work. Hopefully I don't bring the weather with me.

I hope you get out Cap!

In case any Western New Yorkers or fellow New Englanders are interested in some Regional Rivalry prep...

MBurnham and I are playing next Sunday at Red Tail 9:26am. We have 2 spots open. First to reply get the spots. $69 includes cart. Not sure if the range is open yet or not.

In case any Western New Yorkers or fellow New Englanders are interested in some Regional Rivalry prep...

MBurnham and I are playing next Sunday at Red Tail 9:26am. We have 2 spots open. First to reply get the spots. $69 includes cart. Not sure if the range is open yet or not.
Wish I could do it and make it back for Easter dinner.

THP Regional Rivalry - NY/NJ vs New England - Sponsored By True Temper

I hope you get out Cap!

Fortunately/Unfortunately made it down. Would rather be at home. Might try to talk the folks into top golf while I'm down here.

With the snow on the ground in eastern MA, sounds like folks are going to have at least a few days off. So, let's talk about prep once we get back

Team NE folks (and NY/NJ folks if you're up for it) - I asked you about this back before selections, but I know a number of you have gotten out since then. What part of your game are you planning on focusing on for prep in the near future? For me, it's general ball striking. My short game (which I believe is how I answered this a few months back) has been more consistent than it has in a while due to some changes in technique, but I'm not hitting my irons nearly as well as I'd like.

With the snow on the ground in eastern MA, sounds like folks are going to have at least a few days off. So, let's talk about prep once we get back

Team NE folks (and NY/NJ folks if you're up for it) - I asked you about this back before selections, but I know a number of you have gotten out since then. What part of your game are you planning on focusing on for prep in the near future? For me, it's general ball striking. My short game (which I believe is how I answered this a few months back) has been more consistent than it has in a while due to some changes in technique, but I'm not hitting my irons nearly as well as I'd like.
Honestly I haven't been out enough to gauge where my game is at right now other than general winter rust. If I had to guess what I'm going to have to work on is my driver game (shaft/stiffness/length change) and putter (swapped to TFi 1.0). Hoping to get out Thursday if snow disappears with Wednesdays rain.

You've seen me play, I think we both know it's off the tee.

I just need repetition and on course work to groove it where it needs to be

Luckily up my way got about an inch of snow and it's already gone. Courses will be back open tomorrow.

I will continue to work on my putting. At this time I feel the other facets of my game are ok so Incan really concentrate on my putting

What part of your game are you planning on focusing on for prep in the near future?
I'm glad you clarified "in the near future" as my answer to this question will change week to week leading up to the event, but currently, I'm working on my takeaway. It's something I started working on with lessons a few years ago, then got injured, then stayed injured....and I'm now still working on it.

Iron striking and woods. Also bunker play. Short game is always a focus, but I can get more out of it if I hit it better with the longer clubs.

Good question, after some thought I'll be focusing on the 2 areas that impact my game the most; Driving and Putting. In my last round, I found myself in a few "interesting" lies off the tee, which make it difficult to score when you are dedicating a shot to maneuvering around something. If I can keep the ball in front of me off the tee I have confidence in my approach shots and ability to get up/down around the green. For putting, it's the area that I enjoy practicing the most and will come back around once I can get a few solid sessions in.

Iron striking and woods. Also bunker play. Short game is always a focus, but I can get more out of it if I hit it better with the longer clubs.

That's a lot to work on - is there one of those things you're going to focus most on? Bunker play is something I need to work on, the problem is finding a place to do it.

Bunker play is something I need to work on, the problem is finding a place to do it.
You have a better chance of seeing a unicorn than finding a practice bunker in Massachusetts. I have one right down the street from me but it's like hitting out of a concrete 1/2 pipe.

Back