What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

Played 36 holes today with one 2016 Chrome Soft. Love the way it feels off the putter, I hit 2 cart paths :banghead:but the ball still looked great at the end of the rounds. Still want to try B-330rx, but chrome soft is just great so far.

Played another 18 with the Nike RZN Platinum. A lot of what I saw in my first round with them was confirmed and a few pleasant surprises.

Another round with the same Bridgestone B330. Greens were very hard today. It control around the greens was much needed.

Played a Callaway SR2 and Hex Control. I found the Hex Control to be 10-20 yds longer at times.

My first round of 2016 was a few days ago. I had debated what ball to use but settled on my stash of pinnacle gold optix yellow. Very solid ball for the price. Softer than I thought it would be. I even liked the short game performance. Felt really good off all my clubs. I will use this ball until i'm board. I tend to play better with 2 piece balls.

I played the new Q-star and was surprised on how well it performed, it was very E6y feeling. And that is a good thing....

Dax

I picked up a doz of Pinnacle Soft for my daughter to try. I played one tonight and on a 120' par 3, the darn thing spun back about 1' from pitch mark. Kinda shocked me. But for myself, I am out of the soft ball market but it did REALLY good. They worked really good for her, but she prefers the Wilson 50 Elite.

Well my last round was a Titleist DT SoLo. We all know how that ball is but I am excited to try out the Titleist DT TruSoft and compare.

I have always enjoyed the titleist dt line of balls. I have played them more than anything else.

First time out for the season will be this Saturday. I actually have a mix of balls in my bag right now. I have some ProV1, Taylormade Lethal, Srixon Q Star and I might still have a Nike RZN Black.

Most of last season I used the Lethal but half way through switched to the Nike RZN Black. I accidentally picked up the Srixon's. I was needing more Nike's for a outing I was playing in but they were out so I just picked up the Srixon's. Meant to get the Z's but accidentaly picked up the Q's. Okay ball for the price. At the outing, one of my vendors gave me a dozen ProV1's so I played a round with those.

Honestly, I shoot about the same with each ball. Slight difference in distance and spin but nothing too wild. My preference is either the Lethal or RZN's but the only way to get the Lethal's is to buy the bulk pack directly from Taylormade.

My daughter on the other hand only plays the Bridgestone B330rx. She did a ball fitting and made the switch and it works well for her.

Last round i played was last year i used 2 balls, Srixon Distance and (no laughing at the back) Dunlop DDH, the latter to test the claim that its just like the Srixon.

Thoughts?, well the Srixon is a solid golf ball for high handicapper like me and, if im honest, the latest edition of the Dunlop "rock" was just as good and seems to have shaken off the hardenss it was known for. I'd play this for winter golf as its available in Orange and is £7 for 15.
No need to spend loads to anjoy the game

This year i will mostly be playing the 2016 Srixon AD333 (recieved 2 dozen courtesy of Today's golfer).
Ive used the previous generations of this during the spring/summer months and have always been impressed so looking forward to seeing what Spin Skin can do!

I will gaming Srixon Trispeed Tour. I picked up a copious amount of these balls when they were discontinued at $35.00 for two dozen. I found they were equal to the NXT Tours I was gaming. It will be years before I need to buy golf balls. :call-me:

Played a Nike RZN Tour Black and I can't recall a ball changing so much from one generation to another as these have. They feel nothing like the previous RZN Black ball. The old ball felt a little harsh, like it was being overcompressed on everything and the cover was pretty firm. The new ball has a much softer cover and the core feels almost spot on a ProV1X.

Not sure if this can beat out my current favorite which is the TaylorMade Tour Preferred X, but it is off to a good start for sure.

I ran to sports authority to see if they had any less off on Pink 50 Elites for my daughter.....they had NONE left. So I thought I would buy a doz of q stars, since I use to game them at a sale price.
It's a good ball but I am feeling the feel of the ProV1 and Z Star is what I am falling for.

Played the Callaway Supersoft the past 2 rounds, I know they have better balls on the market but there is something I just really like about this ball and it isn't the price point. Feel, control, distance are all there. Doesn't spin as much as other balls but I'm not a zipper with my wedges anyway so those attributes are often lost on me.

Had been playing B330S then Pro V1x. Played a regular Pro V1 and really impressed. No distance loss and actually may have gained a few given the flatter flight.

Front 9 2016 Chrome Soft, back 9 2016 B-330RX. Distance seemed about the same, I think I got better check up on the greens with the chrome soft. Will play again tomorrow with both again and will be warmer. Like both balls at this point.

Played an executive par 3 course with a 2016 Chrome soft head to head with a 2016 b330s. Distances was essentially the same but the b330s had a little more spin and stick. I hit several back to back wedge and choked up 9 iron shots that landed within 5-10 feet of each other and every time the b330s had less roll out. We had 16F temps last night and the greens were still quite frozen firm. I will play both balls tomorrow, likely one for front 9 and one for back 9. I will be shot tracking with gps and want to compare distances off driver.

Played the Lethal today. It was really long off all the clubs but I didn't love the rollout on approach shots. The course was very dry and fast today though I'm not sure what percent is the course or the ball.

Duo Urethane today. I continue to enjoy it and shoot good scores with it!

Back to chrome soft. Familiar feel and good results for me. Not sure why I try other stuff.

Played B330RX (2014) with good results off driver. This ball does not seem to spin back on approach shots and with wedges. Good distance across the board. Really cannot ask for more from a ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ProV1 yesterday. Really performed great for me off the tee.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

2016 b330s. best. ball. ever. phenomenal spin around the greens. STUPID spin around the greens!

I hit more fairways and therefore more greens than I think I ever have. tough to pin that directly on the ball since I also had a new driver shaft and new iron shafts in play.

I'm not ready to definitely say this yet, but there were a couple times I expected the ball to go a little farther than it did. again, not sure if that's me getting used to the new iron shafts or what. more time is needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back