Taylormade Burner 2.0 Irons & THP Testing

Do you know if the KBS shafts will have different kick points by iron like the stock shafts

Do you know if the KBS shafts will have different kick points by iron like the stock shafts

according to the website, the kbs' aren't even an option as far as an upgraded shaft. looks like you can upgrade to a nippon rather than kbs.

according to the website, the kbs' aren't even an option as far as an upgraded shaft. looks like you can upgrade to a nippon rather than kbs.

My absolute favorite shafts are Nippon.

My absolute favorite shafts are Nippon.

apparently, they went with the nippon b/c it has characteristics that almost mirror the kbs'. not sure why they didn't go with the kbs' but it would interesting to find out why.

apparently, they went with the nippon b/c it has characteristics that almost mirror the kbs'. not sure why they didn't go with the kbs' but it would interesting to find out why.

I love Nippon and their manufacturing. Their shafts are incredible for my game.

I love Nippon and their manufacturing. Their shafts are incredible for my game.

possible reshafting for your 2.0's?

possible reshafting for your 2.0's?

If they stay in the bag maybe. I loved them in my Nickent 4DX Pros. I love them in the Williams FW32 irons. So maybe.

If they stay in the bag maybe. I loved them in my Nickent 4DX Pros. I love them in the Williams FW32 irons. So maybe.

man, i'd love to hear some feedback if you go that route. i was pitching these irons like a mad man yesterday at my tourny, and i don't even have them yet....lol

How are the lofts in comparison to the old burners..... I know the old burners had reallllllly strong lofts

How are the lofts in comparison to the old burners..... I know the old burners had reallllllly strong lofts

GOing off memory alone, I believe they are the same.

they're the same clay

They are the same but yes they are pretty strong lofted, a full club difference compared to the Mizzies I currently play. That is going to be a huge adjustment!

ok thanks..... apparently tcal you've already done some research on these????? hehe...... I hope you guys enjoy them..... they are really sweat.

yep, slightly obsessed clay, just a little, haha

haha dont worry...... Golf is my whole life.

i know buddy, i think that's awesome too! what do you think of the burners? any likes or dislikes upon initial impressions?

i know buddy, i think that's awesome too! what do you think of the burners? any likes or dislikes upon initial impressions?
They were on my top 3 list of my irons..... (the originals...) They were soooo long..... I think they new ones look great..... and with taylormade I know they will be. they just make great stuff. I really wonna try the superbad though hehe

They were on my top 3 list of my irons..... (the originals...) They were soooo long..... I think they new ones look great..... and with taylormade I know they will be. they just make great stuff. I really wonna try the superbad though hehe

so, the question is: if you had the chance to cheat on your g15's with the 2.0's, you would?

so, the question is: if you had the chance to cheat on your g15's with the 2.0's, you would?

haha It might be a brief affair. I love my G15's but you never know..... the 2.0s are pretty sweat... I really want a new driver though

haha It might be a brief affair. I love my G15's but you never know..... the 2.0s are pretty sweat... I really want a new driver though

glad to hear that you love your sticks buddy! i'll keep you posted on my thoughts on these once i get them and get some licks in with them.

we'll talk drivers in another thread.

glad to hear that you love your sticks buddy! i'll keep you posted on my thoughts on these once i get them and get some licks in with them.

we'll talk drivers in another thread.

awesome man.... good luck with these.....

These look really cool. I can't wait to hear yalls opinions. I bought the original burners and loved them.

Had a nice range session with these today. Took out a few sets of irons.

Burner 2.0
WIlliams FW32
Ping S56
Ping K15

In my opinion the Burners are very similar to the 09 Burner in distance and ball flight. But I have to say that they are WAYYYYYY Better in the feel department. They also appear to be more forgiving on the thick and thin shots. Catching the ball a groove or two low or high causes NO noticeable difference in flight or distance. Something I have not seen too often.

Had a nice range session with these today. Took out a few sets of irons.

Burner 2.0
WIlliams FW32
Ping S56
Ping K15

In my opinion the Burners are very similar to the 09 Burner in distance and ball flight. But I have to say that they are WAYYYYYY Better in the feel department. They also appear to be more forgiving on the thick and thin shots. Catching the ball a groove or two low or high causes NO noticeable difference in flight or distance. Something I have not seen too often.

which will you be playing this coming weekend?

which will you be playing this coming weekend?

It depends what other people want to play. I will play whatever is left over, makes no difference to me. We have about 20 iron sets and I am sure that a few of them will want to be taken to the course.

Back