Great list so far but missing a key song from The Cure - "Just Like Heaven".

Everytime I hear it brings me back to the house I lived in with my 3 college buddies and the huge parties we used to have at the house. The drinking age in Wisconsin at the time was 18 so the college scene was pretty wild to say the least.
I still have a lot of Cure songs in active rotation on my mp3 player. Was, and still am, a huge fan.

I will go through my memory bank today while working and post up some of my favorites from the 80's this evening.

U2 - some great choices from Boy, War, The Unforgettable Fire, The Joshua Tree, and Desire albums

Simple Minds - Once Upon a Time album

Crowded House - Dont Dream it's over (hey now song)

Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax

Tears For Fears

Def Leppard

Is this a pop only list?

Not nearly enough Hair bands on there. Wheres the Def Leppard? Poison? Whitesnake? GNR?

Wow!!, its like im 9 years old again and my sister is "showing off" her music collection.
All her fave's are there, U2, Simple Minds, Duran Duran.
I'd like to add a few:
This Charming Man - The smiths
Enola Gaye - OMD
Fools Gold - The Stone Roses
and how can you have an 80's mix tape wthout......Ray Parker Jr and the Ghostbusters theme song!

I do have to give kudos to Boston_golferI mean, Toto africa....top song!

Joe Jackson, B-52's, Depeche Mode, The Police, The Smiths, DEVO, Elvis Costello, Psychedelic Furs, Chili Peppers, Jane's Addiction, The Clash

The Knack - My Sharona
Talk Talk - It's My Life
Pixies - Monkey Gone to Heaven
Romeo Void - Never Say Never
PIL - Rise
Suicidal Tendancies - Institutionalized
The Cult - She Sells Sanctuary
X - Los Angeles, Johnny Hit & Run Pauline
Missing Persons - Walking in L.A.
Black Flag - TV Party
Big Country - In a Big Country
Dead Kennedys - Holiday in Cambodia, California Uber Alles
Tom Tom Club - Genius of Love
Faith No More - We Care a Lot
They Might Be Giants - Ana Ng, Birdhouse in your Soul
English Beat - Save it For Later
NIN - Head Like a Hole (had to :wink:)

Wow, lots of great songs! I didn't ask what genre they wanted, so I am assuming hair bands would be included. This is going to possibly be 4 cd's or more.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I have the 80's station on Spotify playing daily. Most, if not all have been covered here. A couple I didn't see, sratovarius- High and low, LA Guns - ballad of Jane and really most anything from Iron Maiden

80's Music Help

Flock Of Seagulls - I Ran

Human League - Don't You Want Me

Anything by Duran Duran

Men Without Hats - Safety Dance

Simple Minds - Don't You Forget About Me

Dr & The Medics - Spirit In The Sky

Animation - Obsession

New Order - Blue Monday

The Smiths - How soon Is Now

Wow, lots of great songs! I didn't ask what genre they wanted, so I am assuming hair bands would be included. This is going to possibly be 4 cd's or more.

Real 80's music is hair bands not bubble gum rock :)

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I didn't see it listed before (and sposey's reply above notwithstanding :D )

Suzanne Vega - Tom's Diner is representative of the era as well.

Metallica
Any hair metal (Poison, Ratt, Quiet Riot, Twisted Sister, etc.)
Take on Me
Kenny Fricken Loggins
Bon Jovi
Van Halen
Michael Jackson

I could go on. This is what I think of first though.

Love me some 80's hairbands, but the DJ in me leans more towards club anthems! That's why I need the help.

I wouldn't think you'd be too into hair given your general lack thereof :angel:

Not much to dance to, but some good crank it up songs.
ZZ Top
Danzig
Iron Maiden
Judas Priest
Metallica (just cause it wasn't said enough)
AC/DC

Great list so far but missing a key song from The Cure - "Just Like Heaven".

Everytime I hear it brings me back to the house I lived in with my 3 college buddies and the huge parties we used to have at the house. The drinking age in Wisconsin at the time was 18 so the college scene was pretty wild to say the least.
Used to play that song a lot at the club. I played that song, followed by Modern English - I'll melt with you and then Violent Femmes - Blister in the Sun. Crowd would go nuts.

Used to play that song a lot at the club. I played that song, followed by Modern English - I'll melt with you and then Violent Femmes - Blister in the Sun. Crowd would go nuts.

Yes, yes and yes. Those were 3 I was going to post tonight. Also from VF - Add it Up, Kiss Off, Good Feeling. Smiths - Bigmouth Strikes Again, Boy with the Thorn in His Side, Girlfriend in a Coma. More Cure - Pictures of You, Love Song, Fascination St., Charlotte Sometimes, Boys Don't Cry, The Caterpillar, Catch, etc, etc

Oh my God..These songs are taking me seriously back. I can't even think of any that haven't been mentioned well maybe I skimmed and missed
Blonde-Heart of Glass
Bangles- Manic Monday

I'd gladly pay for a copy of this when you get it finished.

Oh my God..These songs are taking me seriously back. I can't even think of any that haven't been mentioned well maybe I skimmed and missed
Blonde-Heart of Glass
Bangles- Manic Monday

No need to pay. I'll figure out a way to put it somewhere and anyone who wants it can just download it.

Yeah, I probably would too! Massive 80's fan. Best era in music along with the early 90's by far!!!!!

Yeah, I probably would too! Massive 80's fan. Best era in music along with the early 90's by far!!!!!
Have to agree with you there!!!

Back