The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
The stupid reasons people loose jobs leaves me dumbfounded.

And how some people keep jobs can be just as dumbfounding

Not exactly sure where it happened but some guy took a picture of another man sitting down using the toilet and shore it to some of his coworkers thinking it was a funny joke. Wtf?

And how some people keep jobs can be just as dumbfounding

Regarding health care and employment we live in a litigious environment. In health care it creates defensive medicine, in employment it creates defensive employment. Both can be very expensive for both the provider and the consumer. In health care, the patient that doesn't pay is the first to sue, in employment, the incompetent employee is the first to sue. The one thing I've learned is that when it comes to a less than desirable employee--document, document, document.

Not exactly sure where it happened but some guy took a picture of another man sitting down using the toilet and shore it to some of his coworkers thinking it was a funny joke. Wtf?

I have to ask why? Why would you take a picture of your coworker on the crapper?

I have to ask why? Why would you take a picture of your coworker on the crapper?
More sexy time?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

captaincaution is correct, it was never taxed. I had this happen to me as well. I had my taxes done at H&R block when I was younger (BIG mistake!) They did them incorrectly and lead me to believe I was due over $3K back. Turned out I should have only gotten back about $500, so I had to then pay back the $2500 extra I got back in my returns.

That $2500 is now considered income and therefore taxable, so I had to pay taxes on that $2500. Talk about a kick in the stomach!

sorry i'm skimming here, but are we talking about state refunds? a federal income tax refund is never taxable. if the refund was too high as originally claimed, you would need to pay back the tax you were incorrectly refunded. conceptually you aren't being taxed on something being income (in which case you would only owe tax at your income tax rate, not dollar-for-dollar), you are being asked to pay back something you never should have received in the first place.

for state refunds, these are only taxable to the extent that you received an income tax deduction. state income taxes are an itemized deduction just like mortgage interest, real estate taxes, charitable contributions, etc. but if you don't itemize your deductions and you get a state income tax refund, you never received an income tax benefit for those state taxes so you don't have to pay income tax on the refund.

again, sorry for skimming if this has already been cleared up.

It means it wasn't taxed the first time. The taxes you write off on your federal return are the taxes shown on your w2, before you calculate a refund. So whatever refund you get is treated as taxable income for the next year.

see my post above. that's not entirely true. you are only taxed on a state income tax refund to the extent that you received a deduction in the previous year. no tax benefit? no taxable income next year. you can choose to only deduct the standard deduction if you don't want to pay tax on your state refund the next year, but that would be kinda silly since your itemized deductions are likely saving you far more than the small income tax you pay the next year.

and one more thing: for those of you going to the h&r blocks of the world, or preparing your tax return on turbo tax, you MUST have a copy of the prior year when you're preparing the current year to determine whether you received an income tax benefit for those state taxes paid. some fly-by-night idiot will just make you pay tax on 100% of the state refund without doing the proper analysis. remember: you get what you pay for.

Because it's funny? I don't know, I was a little disgusted when I heard about it.

I just typed 6 responses and deleted each one. There was nothing nice being typed and it was bugging me. So I'll just rant that I don't get it sometimes. I just don't get it.

I just typed 6 responses and deleted each one. There was nothing nice being typed and it was bugging me. So I'll just rant that I don't get it sometimes. I just don't get it.
Say what you need to say.

$1 to John Mayer.

Every time I eat at Mellow Mushroom and have anything other than beer and dessert, I come home and my stomach is a wreck. Why don't I learn my lesson?

Every time I eat at Mellow Mushroom and have anything other than beer and dessert, I come home and my stomach is a wreck. Why don't I learn my lesson?
Welcome to my world.

Dairy = Pain.

This is me with any BBQ sauce. I don't care though because BBQ sauces are some of the best tasting stuff in the world so I take my lumps and keep going back.

Welcome to my world.

Dairy = Pain.
Perhaps I should have just gone with the rum?

This is me with any BBQ sauce. I don't care though because BBQ sauces are some of the best tasting stuff in the world so I take my lumps and keep going back.
I'd agree with you, but it's Mellow Mushroom. No food there really is worth going back to in the first place. Oh well ... lesson probably not learned because I'll do it next trivia night anyways.

I used H&R block once, never again. It took three hours for them to file my taxes and they screwed it up. I ended up filing an amended return with my families accountant and got an extra $1100 back. They had the nerve to offer me their auditing package which my response to that was if you guys messed it up you are fixing it regardless. I have him do it now and this year I had a near perfect (in my mind) filing where I owed a whopping $43, $3 federal and $40 to the state. In my mind a perfect return would be $0 as you paid exactly what was needed.

After several weeks of great weather its supposed to snow today, I have my summer setup on so now I get to play the when do I leave work game with the weather.

Snow again! I was just wearing shorts and golfing two days ago and now we are looking at 3-6 inches again. I need to talk my wife into moving south!

i hate anxiety and everything that comes with it. These past 3 days have been horrible.

Directv is irritating me big time. Watch live tv on your computer or iPad they say. I just tried to watch live tv on my computer at work and what does it say? You must be connected to the same network as your receiver! What is the point of that? If I'm at home I'll watch the show on my TV!! Ugh.

i hate anxiety and everything that comes with it. These past 3 days have been horrible.
Sorry to hear this man . As someone who battles severe anxiety I feel your pain.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Directv is irritating me big time. Watch live tv on your computer or iPad they say. I just tried to watch live tv on my computer at work and what does it say? You must be connected to the same network as your receiver! What is the point of that? If I'm at home I'll watch the show on my TV!! Ugh.
what if you dont want to watch the same as the wife thats what i do. but i agree i want to watch anywhere

Shoot me a PM if you want to chat about it a bit Alez. You'd be surprised at how many people suffer from it but don't show it.

Hang in there... And if you haven't go chat with a doctor about it. I think most who think 'medicated' think comatose and it's just not the case, even if it's situational.

Shoot me a PM if you want to chat about it a bit Alez. You'd be surprised at how many people suffer from it but don't show it.

Hang in there... And if you haven't go chat with a doctor about it. I think most who think 'medicated' think comatose and it's just not the case, even if it's situational.
God bless Benzo's!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back