Anyone have a suggestion for waterproof cases? I've used the lifeproof in the past but they don't have a case for the 6+ yet.

Anyone get the smaller chip and upset about it?

What do you mean?
They come with 2 different chips. One manufacture is 16nm with slightly better performance than the 14nm Samsung chip.

Should have gotten the Plus

Should have gotten the Plus

Caved and got a 6S. Makes the 5S feel like a dinky toy. So cool to surf on an iPhone. Plus must be awesome! Bummed! Keep telling myself the Plus is to big and geeky for an "active lifestyle dude" but it will be so cool to be able to dump the ipad.

Last edited:
They come with 2 different chips. One manufacture is 16nm with slightly better performance than the 14nm Samsung chip.

There is no way of knowing which chip you got without tearing phone apart is there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I don't remember how though. An app maybe? MKBHD on YouTube has info about it.

There is no way of knowing which chip you got without tearing phone apart is there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's an app that will give you the info but that's only good after you get the phone. As mentioned MKHD has a YouTube video on it.

Liriam is the app.

128m iPhone 6S+ will be in hand tomorrow. No more android for panda

Work upgraded us from 5s to 6. Usually 1-2 phase behind. Next upgrade will likely be 6s when the 8's come out. :bulgy-eyes:

They atleast ponied up for 64gig ones.

Cant complain, work pays for it.

Update on 6s having used it for a week: 4.7" screen was right choice for me wanting to use phone for fitness tracking: 6S is a brick compared to 5S when walking or cycling. Plus will just be to big and heavy. Best thing about phone so far is performane. Apps fly, battery is worse than 5S though.

Last edited:
The iPhone 6s is not only the top selling smartphone in the U.S. but is now the #1 selling phone in China, at the expense of Samsung. http://appleinsider.com/articles/15...-sales-share-in-china-outpacing-xiaomi-huawei

From the article.

Led by the popularity of a new Rose Gold finish option, iPhone 6s pushed Apple ahead of second place Huawei and third place Xiaomi, while Samsung dropped significantly in China's smartphone rankings. The firm noted that Apple also led smartphone sales in the U.S., giving the company "two crowns" across both of the world's largest two phone handset markets.

The firm states that its Monthly Market Pulse market share data "is based on sell-through (sales) surveyed at major mass retailers, distributors across different markets (35 countries) by Counterpoint Research's team plus cross checks with supply chain surveys, demand-side surveys & expert Analyst estimates, to complete the global monthly sales database."

Counterpoint's Research Director, Tom Kang stated in a release that "Apple has now conquered the Chinese market so it will come under sustained attack from local competitors. But it is becoming an embedded brand in China, standing for luxury and high quality."
14728-10505-CounterpointiPhone-l.jpg

Was finally time to dump the 5 while I can still get decent cash for it.

iPhone 6 plus is arriving today and already got the Otterbox commuter case for it. Excited for the upgrade in screen size that awaits me along with what can be done with the fingerprint scanner for Online Banking, etc.

Was finally time to dump the 5 while I can still get decent cash for it.

iPhone 6 plus is arriving today and already got the Otterbox commuter case for it. Excited for the upgrade in screen size that awaits me along with what can be done with the fingerprint scanner for Online Banking, etc.
You'll love it man, the bigger screen is such a nice feature, the bad thing is I don't think I'll ever be able to go back to a smaller screen!

I had a question for the iphone users out there. My sister has an iphone 6 plus and was trying to send me some videos yesterday. A couple came through as .mp4 and I could view them on my android, the others were sent as .MOV which I could view, but not as easily and I wasn't able to save them. Is there a setting on the phone that will allow her to take .mp4 videos only? Is there are way for her to easily convert them to .mp4 before sending? I've haven't used an iphone enough to know what can be done. Just seemed weird that some came through in one format, some on the other.

I had a question for the iphone users out there. My sister has an iphone 6 plus and was trying to send me some videos yesterday. A couple came through as .mp4 and I could view them on my android, the others were sent as .MOV which I could view, but not as easily and I wasn't able to save them. Is there a setting on the phone that will allow her to take .mp4 videos only? Is there are way for her to easily convert them to .mp4 before sending? I've haven't used an iphone enough to know what can be done. Just seemed weird that some came through in one format, some on the other.

I could be in which way the videos are sent.
If I send a movie attached to an e-mail the format is .mov.
If I send it with Facebook messenger the format is .mp4.

The video setting on iphone is:
- for normal: resolution 720p or 1080p with 30 or 60 fps. Can 60fps be a problem on Android?
- for slo-mo: fps 120 or 240 fps. perhaps these are converted since in iphone movie tool you can set which part of the movie that should be slo-mo and that is not a part of the .mov/.mp4 capabilites to store.
You find them in settings / photo and camera.

I could be in which way the videos are sent.
If I send a movie attached to an e-mail the format is .mov.
If I send it with Facebook messenger the format is .mp4.

The video setting on iphone is:
- for normal: resolution 720p or 1080p with 30 or 60 fps. Can 60fps be a problem on Android?
- for slo-mo: fps 120 or 240 fps. perhaps these are converted since in iphone movie tool you can set which part of the movie that should be slo-mo and that is not a part of the .mov/.mp4 capabilites to store.
You find them in settings / photo and camera.

Thanks. I think we figured it out...maybe. She lowered the resolution to the 720 and shortened the video length to reduce the file size and its fine, for now anyway on the test video.

So I am updating right now, and already fearing issues. The last update really impacted my battery life.

My battery life went the other direction last time but this I'm noticing a bit faster battery usage

My battery life went the other direction last time but this I'm noticing a bit faster battery usage

Oh no...Dont tell me that. Now I am scared.

Oh no...Dont tell me that. Now I am scared.

Don't be scared, I went into setting and made sure nothing was working in back ground and checked screen brightness. That usually does the trick. I'm going to let it run out and see if there is a difference

Back