Commitment to a golf ball for an entire season.

Iceman!

THPer formerly known as "markm778"
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Since I'm going nearly all Bridgestone in my bag. I'd like to play Bridgestone balls all season as well, however I have so many new balls from other manufacturers that I don't see how I can do it. Makes me mad that I can't keep this commitment.

So here is my questions to the group:

1. Have you ever decided to play one ball or one manufacturer and kept it?
2. If so and not kept it, how long before you switched?

I play 1 ball. I've tried pretty much everything on the market and once I found the one that gave me the best mix if feel spin and distance I've stuck with it. Been playing the pro v1x exclusively for a few years now. To me golf ball consistancy is just as important as any of the clubs in my bag.

Since I'm going nearly all Bridgestone in my bag. I'd like to play Bridgestone balls all season as well, however I have so many new balls from other manufacturers that I don't see how I can do it. Makes me mad that I can't keep this commitment.

So here is my questions to the group:

1. Have you ever decided to play one ball or one manufacturer and kept it?
2. If so and not kept it, how long before you switched?

I strictly played Callaway Warbirds for a couple seasons. The only time I switched was if I found a ball on the course and put it in my pocket then needed to hit a second ball.

Just because you have balls from other companies doesn't mean you have to play them. Now if you run out of Bridgestone balls, does it make sense to go buy more if you have others? That's up to you. I guess it would depend on how in love you were with the Bstone ball.

I play multiple balls during the course of a season but when it comes down to serious playing I only play the Bridgestone B330 S. I personally think that if I'm out at a goat track or just having a casual round I don't want to lose or screw up the expensive balls when I can play a cheaper ball and get by.

Im normally really bad with golf balls. I start a season with the intention of playing one make of ball then end up finding one on the the course and liking it then switching to that.

This year i was sent 2 dozen 2016 Srixon AD333 from a golf magazine so have decided that i will definately play this ball for the limited amount of golf i will be playing this year. Ive always liked the AD333 so will be nice to go back to it.

Lat year mid season I committed to Callaway Supersofts. For me they work good and have a good price, so i plan to stick with them. I do not mind trying some other balls from time to time, but so far going back to supersofts

Maybe its just me but I think playing one ball all the time makes me more consistent. I know how the ball reacts to certain shots, how quickly it will stop on a green, and how it performs with the type of short game shots I like to hit.

Thanks for the links! I'd like to get fit again for my ball now that I have the new equipment, however Bridgestone won't be up North with a live fitting until May and even then it's 40 miles away. Should have gone to the Milwaukee Golf show, Bridgestone was doing fitting there. I'll reach out to them to see when they might be close again.

I used to exclusively play the Pro V1X but with all the hype about new balls this years I decided to put them up head to head. Three rounds playing three different balls all at the same time on the same course, I used Pro V1X, B330RX, and 2016 CromeSoft. The hype for the Bridgestone faded quickly it just felt a little light off the putter did not check as fast on greens and was just marginally shorter than the other two. The Pro V1X and the CromeSoft proved to be fairly equal, generally within a yard of each other off the tee, performance around the green was at least equal with the CromeSoft edging out the Titelist with feel off the putter. All in all at 8 bucks less per dozen than the Titelist the CromeSoft came out the winner for me and it will be in my bag for probably 2 years until the next release cycle creates a load of balls that change the ball again.

Thanks for the links! I'd like to get fit again for my ball now that I have the new equipment, however Bridgestone won't be up North with a live fitting until May and even then it's 40 miles away. Should have gone to the Milwaukee Golf show, Bridgestone was doing fitting there. I'll reach out to them to see when they might be close again.

Or head here for the Ultimate Bridgestone Experience

First is the contest
http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...2016-Masters-Contest-amp-Thread-Amazing-Prize

Second is Legendary
http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...idgestone-Championship-Win-a-Full-Bag-of-Gear

I do not play one specific ball. I have a few that I like that I have some stocked up, but it depends on what sales I can find. I've had stretches where I only play one specific ball, and I don't score any better than stretches where I seemingly play a different ball every round. As long as it's a high quality similar style of ball, I haven't found much difference scoring wise.

I play one ball but not with a commitment not to play /try others. How would you know if something better for your game came along? All the reviews are great and helpful but will never replace my own testing.

There are so many new balls out there I cannot commit to just one. I believe you need to find the type of ball that best fits you and then test out each one on that category.

I predominately play one ball and it's one I was fit for. I have used a couple other new balls to test against my gamer but to date my gamer still remains in the bag and I will be playing the latest version of it.

i rarely have more than a dozen of any other ball.

I play 1 ball. I've tried pretty much everything on the market and once I found the one that gave me the best mix if feel spin and distance I've stuck with it. Been playing the pro v1x exclusively for a few years now. To me golf ball consistancy is just as important as any of the clubs in my bag.

What he said, except it's the PV1 for me. I'll try a sleeve if I find the tech interesting, but I still haven't found anything I like more than my gamer.

I really thought this thread was going to be about playing one single golf ball for an entire golf season.

We could have some gold in a thread like that!

For rounds that really matter, I play the B330-RX exclusively. For casual rounds, I will mix in a Chrome Soft, Z Star or ProV1x from time to time.

Ever since about last August ive been gaming the Chrome Soft but have switched to the SuperSoft for the winter months. I will be going back to the Chrome Soft once conditions improve

Let's see, 4 dz ProV1x, 4 dz Snell MTB, 2 dz 2016 Chrome Soft -- looks like it will be another multi-ball year, and they will all get lost before they are retired. Such is the state of the game.

I share your pain as to using different brand/models of golf balls.

I prefer to play certain a golf ball but many times i play what tour balls i can find in the hazard areas near the river. I probably found 100+ in near mint/ mint condition last season

I usually get 4-5 dozens balls for Christmas and my birthday. My wife got me 4 dozen recycled Prov1x and my Dad got me 2 dozen Callaway Chrome Soft so I'll be using 2 balls exclusively this season.

I make it a point to commit to playing one ball for the year, that way I know just how the ball will react for any shot. If a shot reacts differently into the green or chipping, etc. I know it's either because of the conditions or the way I hit the shot - not anything to do with the golf ball.

I've been playing TaylorMade Tour Preferred for the past two seasons but am definitely going to give Bridgestone a try this year - I like what they're doing. We usually have the Bridgestone guys set up a fitting booth on the range in early April. I will make use of their expertise AND will also be able to test my ball against theirs.

I tend to mix it up and play different balls, mostly because I receive balls as gifts, in trade, etc. The best strech I've played was when I committed to a single ball last season, the PV1. Maybe that was a coincidence, I don't know.

Back