Fade Driver/Draw Irons

Golfin Rev

Reaction score
Handicap
I don't know if I'm weird, or what, but I hit a consistent fade on my driver, and consistently draw my irons. Anyone else?

I am similar, and I actually do it semi deliberately. If I just swing without a shot shape in mind, everything draws. The problem for me is that with the long clubs (what I would consider driver down to 5 or 6 iron), an overly flat swing or a slight OTT move will result in a hook or worse, a pull hook. So with those clubs, I typically open the face deliberately and play for a straight ball to slight fade. With shorter irons, the extra backspin counteracts that possible hook and lessens it, so I'll typically opt for that natural draw with those clubs in order to get a little more piercing trajectory.

It all makes sense in my head at least!

I'm similar. I like to fade my driver, FW and hybrids but play a straight ball/slight draw with irons. I've yet to figure out how to fade an iron without losing 1.5 clubs of distance and actually hit a target.

I'm similar. I like to fade my driver, FW and hybrids but play a straight ball/slight draw with irons. I've yet to figure out how to fade an iron without losing 1.5 clubs of distance and actually hit a target.

get out of my head. i have to club up to hit a fade, and even then i run the risk of coming up short. but i love the IDEA of hitting a fade, just not very good at doing it.

i hit fade with driver for the most part because i'm terrified of the snap hook. i draw pretty much everything else, though i wish i could fade more often.

I'm kinda the opposite. draw my driver/woods, and my irons tend to fade if anything.

I used to fade everything, but after all the practicing I've been doing over the last year I have become fairly straight. Not a bad thing I guess. But it's hard when most times I'm about to swing I still play like I'm going to fade it.

NO idea why or how I wind up doing it but I do the same.

I don't know if I'm weird, or what, but I hit a consistent fade on my driver, and consistently draw my irons. Anyone else?

Maybe check ball position if its too far forward with your driver/ woods will cause this.

I'm kinda the opposite. draw my driver/woods, and my irons tend to fade if anything.

I used to fade everything, but after all the practicing I've been doing over the last year I have become fairly straight. Not a bad thing I guess. But it's hard when most times I'm about to swing I still play like I'm going to fade it.

Same here. I can't draw my irons unless it's a low punch to get around some trees, and then... it's more of a hook. My driver is usually a straight shot or maybe a little draw. Once in awhile, I'll fade it unintentionally.

The hips outpace the hands with driver, causing the open face thus fade. With irons, it's the other way around. I was like this for a few months last year.

Try slowing down the tempo so each body part catches up with the others. Also, for irons, try a straighter right to left swing, rather than around. Might help.

Last edited:
I draw my driver and fade my irons intentionally.

As long as it's consistent, and you can make it work, it can be hand to have.

I am similar

Back