Midwest Blizzard Denver Airport Shutdown

DufferToo

101 Putters and Holding
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Putters
I hope that everyone in the area is safe. Daughter's flight(s) morning and evening were cancelled and fortunately she was able to stay at her hotel. I just received her text, why are parents always the last to know?

It looks like the blizzard conditions are/will be hitting the Midwest soon. Wisconsin Governor just declared a state of emergency

I hope that everyone in the area is safe. Daughter's flight(s) morning and evening were cancelled and fortunately she was able to stay at her hotel. I just received her text, why are parents always the last to know?

It looks like the blizzard conditions are/will be hitting the Midwest soon. Wisconsin Governor just declared a state of emergency

Glad your daughter is safe!

That's system rolling out of the Colorado area and right into my back yard it looks like.

From the NWS:

Tonight

A chance of rain and snow before 1am, then a chance of snow between 1am and 3am. Some thunder is also possible. Cloudy, then gradually becoming partly cloudy, with a low around 31. Windy, with a west wind 29 to 38 mph becoming north northwest in the evening. Winds could gust as high as 49 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Not looking forward to that.

Yeah here in Denver they were calling for 2-6 inches of snow and I just measured it at 19 inches so everyone east of us be ready.

Doesn't feel like a blizzard yet but people are driving stupid already!

Glad she is safe.

Calling for 6-12" here....
Spring has sprung indeed!.....

Snow has stopping coming in sideways and just falling normal now. Front and side of the house had about 1/2"...first time I've seen snow on the side! Had over 2ft on the back deck and close to 20" on the driveway. Tera left work early and counted 21 vehicles stuck in just 10 miles of driving. Thankfully they shut down early and she made it home safe. Be safe out there people!
5ccfd8591756f3c338434b1de373820b.jpg

Better now for me than next week when im flying through there to cali

Thanks guys. I thought she was back in Cali already until she texted that the airport was shutdown. I was thinking it was another suspicious package like yesterday until I checked the news.

I know you Midwest guys were almost starting your golf season. I hope that this doesn't delay you too much.

Sounds like it's really wet snow plus with the projected winds it could be a rough night. Stay safe guys!

A friend of mine in the boulder area is reporting 24" and still snowing as of a couple of hours ago.

0cc3171c8ed2580a458530bd7b6d0c5a.jpg

I got up to go to work this morning and started to walk out the front door and went straight back inside and back to bed. Most of the Denver metro area has been shut down all day. It's crazy to think I played golf in shorts yesterday and Monday.

Wow stay safe guys

Just talked to my mom in Boulder. They had about 18in. My sister in Louisville has over 20in. Big wet upslope. I forget how impactful those can be. Stay safe.
Didn't realize Louisville was hit that hard. Gotta be wrecking havoc with the NCAA Regional there Tomorrrow.

Didn't realize Louisville was hit that hard. Gotta be wrecking havoc with the NCAA Regional there Tomorrrow.

Pretty sure he was talking about Louisville Colorado which is 10 miles east of Boulder.

That is positively disgusting. Come to Canada where it's sunny!

Not gonna get any snow but here comes what I call the wall of death.
e365f19d3eaa75cdbe679b53d61d2e66.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Not gonna get any snow but here comes what I call the wall of death.
e365f19d3eaa75cdbe679b53d61d2e66.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Wow! Glad you're not going to receive any snow, though local flooding could be an issue. Any tornado activity anticipated? A storm like that later in the year would almost certainly spawn a few.

Yep, left for work this morning from Broomfield at about 5:20am and there was only 2-3 inches but some big ole snowflakes coming down. When I got back this afternoon there was 18 inches out front of my place and I had to spend an hour shoveling my car IN to a spot in our lot. Think I'll work from home tomorrow ...

The smoke from the prairie fire in southern Kansas has hit central Kansas and it is thick. Was thick enough on the way home from work that you could look directly at the sun.

Well....don't I feel :call-me:

Thankfully it's going north of Illinois!

The smoke from the prairie fire in southern Kansas has hit central Kansas and it is thick. Was thick enough on the way home from work that you could look directly at the sun.
Yeah, ash & a yellowish cloud of smoke rolled thru Wichita.

Back