Wedge for Sunday bag

JMN57

Reaction score
Handicap
In flux
I'm in the process of putting together a Sunday, minimalist bag to keep at my NY home. I've decided to put a 3W, 3H, 7i, PW, WEDGE, and putter in the bag.

In my regular bag, I have a 54/9 and a 58/10 and initially, I was thinking I would put a 54/9 in the Sunday bag with the rationale that it was the same wedge as in my regular bag so I would be more familiar with it and that I would just manipulate it to make shots that I would normally do with the 58/10. For me, the 54/9 tends to cover me from 50-90 yards and longer bunker shots while the 58/10 is 60-70 in and shorter bunker shots where I have to get the ball up and/or want to stop it.

Then I got the idea of splitting the different and maybe putting in a 56* wedge. It is different than what I have in my current bag but may fit this Sunday bag better. I can hit my 58* longer if I full swing it so I think I could get the 56* to cover me out to 90 or so with a reasonable swing and it would give me a little more loft when I need it.

So, any advice? Get the same 54*, get a 56* (and what bounce, I'm thinking 10* or so) or some other option I haven't thought of.

Thanks

personally I'd go 54 since you're already using one and should be comfortable with it.

We'll I couldn't resist a brand new MP-T4 56/13 on ebay for $63. We'll see how I like both the 56* and the 13* bounce.

Back