Puma Titantour Ignite Preview

Not a whole lot of time to get in here to write up my thoughts. Hopefully when we get home I can get them all together and in here.

Got a few compliments on the shoes and one of the guys we played with asked me how much they were and I said I have no clue. I am The King!

I have only used Nike golf spikes so getting to try and whole new company has been a lot of fun. I also had back to back birdies my last time out and it was all the shoes haha

More to come...

156a57ea2f88c42a6a5f38617042c4e4.jpg

Great looking spikes

So I played 2 rounds in Florida and the conditions were pretty similar, sunny and mid 80s. I rode in a cart for both rounds and these shoes performed very well especially since they were the first time I had worn them.

I tied and retied them to just get a little feel about how they would fit and then I hit the range. It is amazing how well they fit for being so new. I had no slipping or grip problems while playing either round. Compared to my old Nike cleats these performed as well if not better than those shoes.

The color scheme is awesome and one of my favorite parts of these shoes. They pop! I am glad that the blue and green are secondary colors because I am a huge fan of white got golf shoes.

My only gripe is the part of the shoe near the Achilles the second round I was wearing some ankle socks(these are all I own) and I noticed some uncomfortable rubbing when the sock dripped below the top of the shoe.

I tried to take a pic to illustrate this...

a3313fa15a1f149ac0fd5100a4a9babf.jpg

Admittedly I do not have a wealth of knowledge when it comes to golf shoes because I had only owned 2 pairs and they were both Nikes. I am trying to be as honest with these as I can. I can't wait to get out again and walk ad I usually do when I play my golf.

More to come soon. Thanks for reading

I wear longer socks (kentwools) so have not had that and love these. Good stuff King Crest

How is the comfort and fit? Good stability?

I wear longer socks (kentwools) so have not had that and love these. Good stuff King Crest
I need to get some of those. I have a few pairs of Izods and they have a little pieces that prevents this in any shoe but didn't bring them to Florida with me.

I don't have a wide foot and usually get things in standard widths and these felt great on the sides of my feet.

One of the guys we played with asked me how much they were and I said you need to check out THP. Haha it is good to be King!

How is the comfort and fit? Good stability?
The fit is very true I wear a 10 in pretty much every shoe including golf and these fit perfectly.

From what I have seen the stability is good. I need some more time with them in different conditions but I really like the spikes that Puma has on these shoes. Very solid grip even with me swinging hard.

2 rounds in and everything looks good here

48dd1ac3a903b712208657e6e2b63e0a.jpg

Went Blue but thinking about going back to white, not sure why

So I played 2 rounds in Florida and the conditions were pretty similar, sunny and mid 80s. I rode in a cart for both rounds and these shoes performed very well especially since they were the first time I had worn them.

I tied and retied them to just get a little feel about how they would fit and then I hit the range. It is amazing how well they fit for being so new. I had no slipping or grip problems while playing either round. Compared to my old Nike cleats these performed as well if not better than those shoes.

The color scheme is awesome and one of my favorite parts of these shoes. They pop! I am glad that the blue and green are secondary colors because I am a huge fan of white got golf shoes.

My only gripe is the part of the shoe near the Achilles the second round I was wearing some ankle socks(these are all I own) and I noticed some uncomfortable rubbing when the sock dripped below the top of the shoe.

I tried to take a pic to illustrate this...

a3313fa15a1f149ac0fd5100a4a9babf.jpg

Admittedly I do not have a wealth of knowledge when it comes to golf shoes because I had only owned 2 pairs and they were both Nikes. I am trying to be as honest with these as I can. I can't wait to get out again and walk ad I usually do when I play my golf.

More to come soon. Thanks for reading

if you are having an issue with heal rub, these socks are fantastic. i have tried, kentwool, swiftwick and now these are my favorites. i bought $100 worth of them. i started running to lose some weight, and some runners recommended these. i was actually struggling with my swiftwick as they were so thin my foot was shifting more than i preferred in my running shoe. i love their compression, but the lack of padding in my aspires took its toll when walking the golf course. these baleegas are the hidden comfort model, are thicker like kentwool and the heel tab is perfect for my golf and running shoes. its not super noticeable like some. just an fyi.

kari-foot.JPG

if you are having an issue with heal rub, these socks are fantastic. i have tried, kentwool, swiftwick and now these are my favorites. i bought $100 worth of them. i started running to lose some weight, and some runners recommended these. i was actually struggling with my swiftwick as they were so thin my foot was shifting more than i preferred in my running shoe. i love their compression, but the lack of padding in my aspires took its toll when walking the golf course. these baleegas are the hidden comfort model, are thicker like kentwool and the heel tab is perfect for my golf and running shoes. its not super noticeable like some. just an fyi.

kari-foot.JPG
Thanks for the heads up. I will definitely check those out

Thanks for the heads up. I will definitely check those out

Crest, how do these fit compared to the spikeless? I could probably drop 1/2 size on the spikeless.

Crest, how do these fit compared to the spikeless? I could probably drop 1/2 size on the spikeless.
The spiked version fit me perfectly. I will have to get back to you on the spikeless I only tried them on in the garage and from what I could feel they felt great as far as the size goes.

I solved my sock slippage issue at Dicks today. Of course they were Puma Golf

a838c18dc411312360dfeabd386ec748.jpg

Played these today in really sloppy conditions as we have gotten almost 2 straight weeks of rain in the DMV.

These spikes look great and perform just as well. They are solid spikes all around and I continue to be very impressed in all situations.

Played again with the spikes and yup these are going to be go to shoes for a long time. These are so comfortable and I have confidence swinging in any condition.

So is the only difference between the Titantour and Titantour premium the leather?

065ee4d9319416fc5498b87975d26175.jpg

Took these out for a round on Monday and was very impressed with how comfortable they are. Also have a pair of the spikeless. Both shoes are fantastic

Have been playing for the last couple months in the Footjoy Freestyles after playing in these for a month. While my right foot loved the Freestyles, got some serious plantar fasciitis in my left foot... so finally wore these to walk 18 in today. Not quite as soft of a feel as the Footjoys, but after the round my left foot isn't killing me and my right foot is just telling me I need to lose some LBs.

Will be wearing these for the foreseeable future and really hoping this helps me get over the pain in my foot.

Its about time

I want this color bad! The white isn't too bad either.
16SS_PR_IGNITE_DISC_Red_10x18in-e1467837085591.jpg
PUMA-DISC.jpg

Back