Western New York, Albany, Syracuse, Northwest Pennsylvania & surrounding areas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great day for golf. Ranger is a Richard though.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I see what you did there! Is Paul getting yelled at again?
No, Ben did because half his tire was on the grass.

I was far away this time. Got Dave all riled up. Really ground his gears.
Ya between messing with my swing in the beginning and then RichardHead Ranger my front nine score was an ugly 54 but I pulled it together for the back and shot 44. There an easy 5 shots that if I hadn't messed them up I could have seen 30's and I give my putting kudo's for keeping my score down. Definately seeing major improvement from last year so far.

Geez I wish I could say 54 is an ugly front nine but I am still in that range.. it's getting better though

Geez I wish I could say 54 is an ugly front nine but I am still in that range.. it's getting better though
Don't worry, for the short time you have been golfing you are doing alright. Before you know it 54 will be a bad 9 for you too.

May 2nd there's Rdga play day at Irondeqouit cc. An extraordinary private course for $80, I encourage ppl to sign up for rdga ghin and participate in the many tournaments they have.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

May 2nd there's Rdga play day at Irondeqouit cc. An extraordinary private course for $80, I encourage ppl to sign up for rdga ghin and participate in the many tournaments they have.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk
What's RDGA? Is that in addition to the NYSGA?

What's RDGA? Is that in addition to the NYSGA?

Separate Andy, it's the Rochester District Golf Association. They run their own tournaments in the Rochester area. Think as far west as they go is pretty much Batavia area. I'll be trying to qualify for the championship this year I think. I'm finally happy with where my game is at now and looking at what previous year's scores that have qualified I think I have a good shot.

Separate Andy, it's the Rochester District Golf Association. They run their own tournaments in the Rochester area. Think as far west as they go is pretty much Batavia area. I'll be trying to qualify for the championship this year I think. I'm finally happy with where my game is at now and looking at what previous year's scores that have qualified I think I have a good shot.
Thanks Jimmy, guess I'm too far West, lol!
It'll be fun to follow. Let's have anyone competing in the RDGA or NYSGA tournaments be sure to post their results in here.

Thanks Jimmy, guess I'm too far West, lol!
It'll be fun to follow. Let's have anyone competing in the RDGA or NYSGA tournaments be sure to post their results in here.

I think you can still join and be apart of the association if you were interested. Like Paul says $80 to play Irondequoit is a steal.

That's great Jimmy. I think you definitely have a shot, with the new stableford format you are allowed a little more breathing room too for rounds that went sideways. I'm definitely up for some tournaments this season.

Are these tournament handicapped or not? I'm looking to sign up for a lot more tournaments this year, but don't want to deal with the handicap system since I'm looking to progress to bigger and better tournament play.

Are these tournament handicapped or not? I'm looking to sign up for a lot more tournaments this year, but don't want to deal with the handicap system since I'm looking to progress to bigger and better tournament play.
The NYSGA tournaments have always been handicapped in the past.

There's play days which I believe are just playing. They may do low net and low gross. But the qualifying and championship I believe are low net and low gross.

How'd you guys make out up that way? We're currently under 10-12" and it's still snowing. Pretty stupid this late

How'd you guys make out up that way? We're currently under 10-12" and it's still snowing. Pretty stupid this late
We didn't get hit nearly that hard in Batavia/LeRoy. We got maybe 3-6 depending on the spots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back