Must play courses in Tampa area ?

Where are you staying Golds?
If you dont mind driving down a bit south (45 minutes from Tampa airport), play Riverstrand, Waterlefe or University Park instead of Westchase.

That's not what I wanted to hear about westchase. Our itinerary as it stands right now is:

Sun. 3/13 - 1pm @ Westchase (go from airport to lunch then to course)

Mon. 3/14 - 8am & 1pm @ World Woods

Tue. 3/15 - TBD @ Lake Jovita (head pro. is calling me back tomorrow)

Wed. 3/16 - TBD (fox hollow, waiting to book tee time)

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Maybe it will be in better shape in 2 weeks... Honestly I wasn't there, I just heard they got vouchers to come back because of condition.
Both world woods courses should be near peak shape, as should lake J. You've got a solid rotation there without breaking the bank or heading an hour south of Tampa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe it will be in better shape in 2 weeks... Honestly I wasn't there, I just heard they got vouchers to come back because of condition.
Both world woods courses should be near peak shape, as should lake J. You've got a solid rotation there without breaking the bank or heading an hour south of Tampa.

Solid courses without killing the wallet was exactly what our goal was. It should be a great lineup and I am hoping Westchase is at least enjoyable.

If you dont mind driving down a bit south (45 minutes from Tampa airport), play Riverstrand, Waterlefe or University Park instead of Westchase.
We are staying in hudson, my in-laws vacation home. Waterlefe and riverstrand were two courses on my list but they are too far.

I think we are going to try to get on southern hills instead of West Chase.

any luck with Southern Hills? Last I checked, even in the summer they don't have much publicly available, and even then they're only available on short notice. I don't know about Westchase these days, and I've only played it a few times, but for me it's a little overpriced. It's always been in pretty good condition when I went, but there's just nothing special about it for the $50-70 you're likely going to pay. I'd say a good alternative these days would be Wentworth, considering you're staying in Hudson. It's further north than Westchase (closer to Hudson), not Far from Tarpon Springs. Wentworth can be had for $40 at most, probably more like $30 in the afternoon, and is way more fun. There's a little elevation, the holes are prettier to look at, etc. My 2 cents if you're still looking.

I can say university park is incredible right now, played it this weekend. Riverstarand however is members only until after april

any luck with Southern Hills? Last I checked, even in the summer they don't have much publicly available, and even then they're only available on short notice. I don't know about Westchase these days, and I've only played it a few times, but for me it's a little overpriced. It's always been in pretty good condition when I went, but there's just nothing special about it for the $50-70 you're likely going to pay. I'd say a good alternative these days would be Wentworth, considering you're staying in Hudson. It's further north than Westchase (closer to Hudson), not Far from Tarpon Springs. Wentworth can be had for $40 at most, probably more like $30 in the afternoon, and is way more fun. There's a little elevation, the holes are prettier to look at, etc. My 2 cents if you're still looking.
Wentworth, crescent oaks, heritage harbor, all pretty solid courses for less than $50 in that area

Wentworth, crescent oaks, heritage harbor, all pretty solid courses for less than $50 in that area

I'm wouldn't play wentworth but some enjoy it. Crescent oaks is a very solid layout, I enjoy that course a lot

Must play courses in Tampa area ?

Cancelled Westchase, added Wentworth. Thats going to have to do, the guys I'm going with have limited travel time to a 30 minute drive from Clearwater, so it is what it is. The only round I really care about is Innisbrook Copperhead anyway (unless they would let me book another top course), so I'll just hope Wentworth doesn't suck too bad.

Cancelled Westchase, added Wentworth. Thats going to have to do, the guys I'm going with have limited travel time to a 30 minute drive from Clearwater, so it is what it is. The only round I really care about is Innisbrook Copperhead anyway (unless they would let me book another top course), so I'll just hope Wentworth doesn't suck too bad.

Well it should be in great shape for the next few weeks as they like to offer "tournament conditions" for a bit after the Valspar ends. Read: fast greens, longer rough, tighter fairways than normal everyday play.

As far as Southern Hills, they're also offering "tournament conditions" for the next couple weeks as they just had the Monday qualifier for the Valspar. I think in the email I saw today it was 50 bucks after 2pm starting next week when the time change kicks in.

Well it should be in great shape for the next few weeks as they like to offer "tournament conditions" for a bit after the Valspar ends. Read: fast greens, longer rough, tighter fairways than normal everyday play.

As far as Southern Hills, they're also offering "tournament conditions" for the next couple weeks as they just had the Monday qualifier for the Valspar. I think in the email I saw today it was 50 bucks after 2pm starting next week when the time change kicks in.

call me whenever you want to drive up there!!

@InHartWeTrust wentworth will be in decent shape, just not everyone loves the layout. Keep it straight and get through the second hole in less than 6 and you'll be ok

call me whenever you want to drive up there!!

@InHartWeTrust wentworth will be in decent shape, just not everyone loves the layout. Keep it straight and get through the second hole in less than 6 and you'll be ok
That's the trick on wentworth? anytime you wanna play lemme know I go out every weekend

Innisbrook is charging $350 for our tee time in May, assuming this is an increase in rate from previously? I was expecting $150-200

Innisbrook is charging $350 for our tee time in May, assuming this is an increase in rate from previously? I was expecting $150-200
I was just down in Tampa and we were going to play innisbrook but the rate was way too much. Southern hills was great, you can't book a tee time outside of 4 days notice. The staff is awesome and the course was very very nice.

World woods was a little disappointing, the course wasn't in the best shape especially the fairways but the greens were nice. Lake Jovita was also a nice surprise. It seemed like all the courses we played was lacking in one area. Southern hills has everything in good condition.

What would you pay for Firestone, directly after the tournament?

What people forget about Innisbrook is that its not a public course.

What would you pay for Firestone, directly after the tournament?

What people forget about Innisbrook is that its not a public course.

The tournament was a couple weeks ago, and the middle of May (when our tee times are) is 6 weeks away...I don't consider 8 or 9 weeks "right after the tournament". Not even close to it, actually.

The tournament was a couple weeks ago, and the middle of May (when our tee times are) is 6 weeks away...I don't consider 8 or 9 weeks "right after the tournament". Not even close to it, actually.

Again it's not a public course.

There are tons of great options, but you are staying in a beach town and limiting the drive, you are going to be kind of handcuffed to munis, run of the mill public courses and a few others.

That price includes a night stay there too, doesn't it?

That price includes a night stay there too, doesn't it?

It doesn't, the rates are lower if you're staying there. My cheap friends bailed when I told them the fees would be $350, so now we are playing TPC for $150...not happy at all about that, but it is what it is.

Lol at cheap friends not wanting to spend 350

Lol at cheap friends not wanting to spend 350

Well, they have plenty of money, so it is them being cheap in this specific scenario. They'll have no problem dropping $500 at the strop club later that night (this is a bachelor party trip).

Well, they have plenty of money, so it is them being cheap in this specific scenario. They'll have no problem dropping $500 at the strop club later that night (this is a bachelor party trip).

Bet they will drive more than 30 minutes too...

Back