Pitch Marks & Divot Repair

Pitch Marks & Divot Repair

• Nothing... find my ball & putt!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wyzyguy

Reaction score
I am pretty consistent about fixing my pitch marks, raking bunkers and replace divots or sanding the divots when it makes sense.
When I get to a green... Especially a short par 3 where the % of pitch marks goes up.... It drives me crazy when the golfers ahead of me do not fix them.
Whats your feel for this?

I try to fix as many ball marks on the green as I see without slowing down the group.

I also usually carry a bottle of seed when I am walking and depending on the divot either replace mine or fill with sand.

I try to fix mine and two more if necessary

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Fix more than my own, usually all that I see.

At some of the resort courses, I could spend all day repairing every pitch mark. I will always fix marks in my line, plus a few more.

?

I fix mine and a few others.

Is there anybody who is anti fix pitch marks?

I'll fix as many as I can reasonably get before leaving the green.

I wouldn't call them anti repair... I would go with lazy or ignorant to the fact they should repair them.
?

I wouldn't call them anti repair... I would go with lazy or ignorant to the fact they should repair them.
I also think riding as a lot to do with it. Since most carts are parked to the side or back of the green and most amateurs land their shots on the front, they don't see their marks because they don't walk past them.

I have not heard one person say that they will intentionally not repair their mark. I assume most unrepaired marks are honest mistakes.

I tend to fix any I come across but do not go out of my way to find them. The problem is likely not with those of us on a forum like this but they guys who only play a few times a year and don't understand or are not aware of the issue.

?

Apparently there is due to the amount of non fixed pitch marks

I fix any that I come across. There is usually a lot of wait time on the greens here waiting for others to putt, so there is always time to fix ball marks.

Apparently there is due to the amount of non fixed pitch marks
I honestly believe it's just absent mindedness.

Nobody is intentionally not fixing their marks out of spite. Simply because tour players fix marks, good players fix marks, if you have to fix a mark then you've done something right. I think a lot of players don't think they leave marks.

Im usually good for 3 or 4.

I honestly believe it's just absent mindedness.

Nobody is intentionally not fixing their marks out of spite. Simply because tour players fix marks, good players fix marks, if you have to fix a mark then you've done something right. I think a lot of players don't think they leave marks.

Ur right I could see that being the case. Or someone hits a good shot and they are so excited they go straight to their ball not thinking about it

I fix mine and several others. Always have and will.

I fix as many as I come across around mine and in the path I'm putting.

Rarely see ball marks at my club, but when I do they always get fixed. I typically walk and dont carry a sand bottle so my divots stay bare unless I'm in a cart for the day.

Pet complaint of mine is fixing my ball marks plus all those that didn't for some reason.

I'm sure many are from those that don't play often, or just beginners. As with anything, the more repetition you have, the better you get at multi-tasking. I know that when I approach the green, 90% of my brain power is focused on how to hit the next shot, am I walking in front of someone else, did I just leave my wedge in someone else's way, crap...did I accidentally just clean someone else's ball, ahhh...where is that ball marker????

Admittedly, I've never intentionally avoided fixing a divot, but rarely think of it on my own. It's too far down the line of self preservation on the course. :)

As I play more, I'm sure it will get easier to stay ahead of things.

Just make sure you fix them correctly, or don't bother fixing them at all. More people fix them wrong than fix them right.

Luckily, I don't think THPers are the kind of people that hit onto a green and don't fix at least 1 more pitch mark than they make.

I take it as point of pride that I have hit the green and actually am excited to fix the pitch mark that was the result of a good shot. After I fix mine I will fix any in the general vicinity to help keep the course in good shape for others

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Usually fix 3 or 4 per green. Should only have to fix one, mine, but unfortunately others don't share in my thoughts of doing the right thing to help maintain the green and being courteous to golfers that follow me on a green.

Back