ANA Inspiration - LPGA Tour First Major of 2016

Don't putt like me Lexi, yikes

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

The way this is going tomorrow is going to be awesome!

Lexi starting to show some chinks in the armour. Her wedge game has been awful and now her stroke is getting shakey

Lexi is not selling any putters for Cure today.

Useful wedge there from Lexi.

Lexi with good shot on 18, if she can roll in the eagle putt. She will play in the last group tomorrow

Wow, if she could have made some additional short putts. Clearly the front runner for tomorrow with her length.

Damn, way to close Lexi! Gonna be a good day tomorrow methinks

Nice eagle from Lexi. If she doesn't give back a couple strokes she could have had a really good round. Lots of players within a few strokes will make for an exciting final round

Lydia continue to play good golf, Lexi still struggling on the greens and off the tee issues today. Aliya keeping Lydia within reach. Could come down to 18

I honestly think she could compete on the men's tour if she wanted.

Useful iron shot there from her

EDIT: Miyazato says otherwise

I love Lexi but she would have zero chance.

I love Lexi but she would have zero chance.
I'm not looking to detail this but explain to me why? She drives it just as far as the men's average. I'm not saying she'd take the tour by storm, but I think it's a stretch to say she'd have zero chance.

How much further back do the guys play then the ladies on average

Wow just turned this on, Lexi choking today.

Her distance isn't the issue. LPGA doesn't track the stats to prove out my theory but I would be amazed if she would be in the top 150-200 in any proximity category. She just doesn't have the game to have good looks enough and she doesn't putt all that well. I realize he GIR stat is #1 so that makes it seem like her game would translate but I don't see it. Combine that with the fact the greens are faster and trickier and the set up of the courses are harder. I wish the LPGA tracked some worthwhile stats so we could actually have a debate with facts but sadly they don't. I suppose I could be wrong about this but I don't think I am. Now I am not really qualified to answer the question though, would be very curious to see what a web.com player would say.

Edit: Sand saves stat is about the only meaningful stat that is tracked the same by both tours and she would be 178th or so on the mens tour.

Last edited:
Edit: Sand saves stat is about the only meaningful stat that is tracked the same by both tours and she would be 178th or so on the mens tour.
She would, however, be top ten in Scoring avg, Driving accuracty, and GIR, as mentioned. Her driving accuracy is the same as Andy Sullivan.
Taking the added yardage out of the equation, she kills Mr Sullivan in getting to the green. Once she's ON the green though.....
LexiAndy Sullivan
Average Driving Distance285.78285.8
Driving Accuracy71.07%65.71%
Greens in Regulation83.06%65.28%
Putts per GIR1.81.796
Putting Average31.5529.05
Sand Saves43.75%42.42%
Scoring Average70.171.292

GIR stat sadly tells us nothing without the yardage breakdown. The yardages she is coming in from compared to the yardages she would see on the PGA makes the stat worthless statistically speaking. Scoring average also not that valid as apples to oranges
Also don't use a European player since he only has 16 rounds tracked with shotlink this season.

Her distance isn't the issue. LPGA doesn't track the stats to prove out my theory but I would be amazed if she would be in the top 150-200 in any proximity category. She just doesn't have the game to have good looks enough and she doesn't putt all that well. I realize he GIR stat is #1 so that makes it seem like her game would translate but I don't see it. Combine that with the fact the greens are faster and trickier and the set up of the courses are harder. I wish the LPGA tracked some worthwhile stats so we could actually have a debate with facts but sadly they don't. I suppose I could be wrong about this but I don't think I am. Now I am not really qualified to answer the question though, would be very curious to see what a web.com player would say.

I don't think your giving her enough credit. There are a few out there that could make a cut. Especially at some place like Hilton Head or Colonial. Do I think they could survive the whole year no, but make a cut yes.

Now back to the tournament, Arya is playing great not sure if anyone will catch her. Some serious par saves from L Ko

I agree she could make a cut at the right event. The zero chance was for her being able to keep her card after a season

I don't think your giving her enough credit. There are a few out there that could make a cut. Especially at some place like Hilton Head or Colonial. Do I think they could survive the whole year no, but make a cut yes.

Now back to the tournament, Arya is playing great not sure if anyone will catch her. Some serious par saves from L Ko

both have made some long putts. Ariya is hitting 3w longer than most of them are hitting driver. Her game is pretty solid and wonder if she would have had some more wins if she didn't get hurt in 2013 and require surgery

Looks like we'll have a playoff

Back