Current Driver & Shaft

Yes. Multiple shafts. Multiple M1 heads. Launch monitor used both indoor simulator/outdoor. The fitting was done by my friend who used to work for TM, but now works for W/S.

Last edited:
Not with what's in my bag currently

Not fit for me, but I did do a lot of research and hit a lot of balls on a sim and outdoors to pick my current gamer.

I did have a fitter at a big box golf store and on a separate occasion a Callaway rep give some input. Their two shafts suggestions were about 180 degrees apart though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M1 and an impulse buy.

Yes. Mine was fit for me at UST Mamiya last year.

Nope not fitted for my current driver. Its only been in the bag for 2 rounds. Curiosity says go for a fitting to see if I can get anything else out of it, my wallet says leave it as is.

Yes and No. My driver head is still the Alpha 815 from 2014 Grandaddy, which I was fitted for at the ECPC. I had been playing the shaft I was fitted for as well until I won a Yellow HZRDUS from Project X's Superbowl contest this year.

Yes mine was. Fit for me by the best in the business at ECPC

No fitting for me. I want to work on getting my swing more consistent this year to take full advantage of a fitting.

Custom fit at ECPC during #TheGrandaddy using Tracman.

I'm glad bc I was fit into a driver head I never would have considered, but I trusted the fitter.

Yes, still have my Grandaddy shaft, and though I wasn't fit for the XR, the numbers that I had with it just before it's release the next Winter after, were awesome. So, though I was fitted for the Alpha 815, the XR was putting up just as good or a little better numbers.

I never had a fitting, this is something I want to get one done at some point, but a brand new driver is a lot of money, when I think I could go to a thp event for that price... it makes the choice pretty easy. hopefully I can have both hapen at the same time soon :)

XR Driver w/the standard Project X LZ Shaft, Stiff.

Swung my dads hit it like a champ so I bought the same setup, no launch monitor or official fitting involved.

Titleist 915 D2 8.5 with Diamana D+ White 70x.

Not a detailed fitting, but just trial and error with the fitting carts at my club with my instructor's input. I know I'm leaving some distance on the table because I generally hit my 915 F 15* with the D+ 80x less than 10 yards shorter than my average driver shot when hitting off the tee.

No, but that will change Saturday at my fitting I have scheduled.

Semi fit by you, we discussed my shortcomings and you reccomended I hit the XR, I did hit it and most of the other options available and the XR had the best numbers BY FAR. And as the Flightscope showed this past weekend it is still a pretty dang good fit for me.

GBB 10.5, w/ Aldila Rogue I/O 70X. Fit by the best in the business at the Callaway ECPC.

No fitting for me. I gambled on the head, and then tried the shaft from my X2Hot Pro against the stock shaft and went with the one I liked the best.

not fit for me but it was recommended based on trackman data from prior range sessions.

Not fitted. I hit some various drivers and different shaft's then ordered the combination that should have given me the best results. Fail, lost some distance, going to have to rethink the shaft.

Titleist 913 D2 10.5 with the UST Proforce XL

I've been self-fitting driver for almost five years now. I can't count how many shafts I've tried, in several different driver heads with different lofts. Regardless of head, I've always come back to the Proforce XL. However, I only believe I hit my drove decently because I'm always end up with a shaft I'm familiar with swinging. With that being said, I also believe I'm swinging the wrong shaft, and that I am in serious need of a true fitting.

Yes, fit like a rock star at ECPC during last years #TheGranddaddy. My driver fitting was much less number based and more flight and feel. I really tried to focus on smooth swings throughout to ensure I was swinging my swing (realistic Swing Speed). With my average SS numbers my fitter said that I am basically right in the buffer zone for Stiff or X-Stiff and it would come down to feel. He started throwing different shafts at me every couple swings and I just swung, I tried not to pay attention to what was in my hands and let the feel and ball flight speak for itself. I really enjoyed going this route for fitting as I am not super tied to numbers personally but that may be because I am still learning what it all can mean. One day I may appreciate numbers more with a stronger understanding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a no from me. I came in to mine by an absolute fluke.

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

No for me too. When I got back into the game a couple years ago I went and hit a bunch of drivers on the monitor on a few different occasions. Each time the clear winner was the Cally RHT. I bought one and never got the real world performance to match. Since then I've just tested stuff myself. Still tweaking but generally very happy with current setup.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

No for me too. When I got back into the game a couple years ago I went and hit a bunch of drivers on the monitor on a few different occasions. Each time the clear winner was the Cally RHT. I bought one and never got the real world performance to match. Since then I've just tested stuff myself. Still tweaking but generally very happy with current setup.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

you outta be. you smoke that thing!

Back