ESPN-The Thug Network

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not just him specifically, but the pervasive slick undertones whenever anything political comes up. The random social commentary that happens on this site. I come to read about golf and products. This site is helpful but I shouldn't be subject to THIS. I stay out of the rant thread and saw this thread yesterday and did not respond. But hey it's my opinion that's what's wrong with this thread.

All politics are housed in a debate room section.
The section is for Albatross Club Members.
The easy way to stay out of these things, is stick to Golf sections and the over 4 million posts on golf on THP.

And just as you said, its your opinion, just as this was the OPs. The irony here being that about half your posts on THP are about politics, race and other things.

We hope people enjoy THP any way they would like, and as long as things are done in a civil matter, and in the appropriate spot, there is really no issue with two people having a differing of opinion on a subject.

Unless i'm missing something, this is in the '19th hole' section under "Sports Talk" with a fairly specific title. Hardly the 'golf equipment' or 'on tour' section... Super confused.

Never mind. I'm staying out of it.

All politics are housed in a debate room section.
The section is for Albatross Club Members.
The easy way to stay out of these things, is stick to Golf sections and the over 4 million posts on golf on THP.

And just as you said, its your opinion, just as this was the OPs. The irony here being that about half your posts on THP are about politics, race and other things.

We hope people enjoy THP any way they would like, and as long as things are done in a civil matter, and in the appropriate spot, there is really no issue with two people having a differing of opinion on a subject.

I have 200+ posts in almost 3 years, some people accumulate that in half a week. I try and stay out of politics, religion, and race on this site and would have at least double the amount of posts if I posted every time I wish. I hold my tongue most times. My original post in this thread was my opinion and I didn't attack him. I deleted half of what I originally wrote just to make sure my tone wasn't overly aggressive.

I will continue to enjoy THP for what suits me. But there is no irony less than a 1/4 of my posts are political. I would wager less than that.

Unless i'm missing something, this is in the '19th hole' section under "Sports Talk" with a fairly specific title. Hardly the 'golf equipment' or 'on tour' section... Super confused.

I don't go into specific sections. From the homepage I click the Forum tab and it brings up the most recently responded or started threads. Outside of that I mainly use the search function if I am looking for something specific.

ESPN-The Thug Network

You didn't grill Hall & Oates though....You a fan?

Private Eyes
<clap>
They're watching you
<clap>
<clap>

I don't really see a problem with this, ESPN is trying to appeal to the masses and the younger generation. And they did just that.

Thread cracks me up. I'm not sure what's worse: Being offended at something like this or calling this music "thug", thus being offensive.

Thread cracks me up. I'm not sure what's worse: Being offended at something like this or calling this music "thug", thus being offensive.
Get off my lawn!

I saw this story about the White Sox hiring a rapper as a means of market themselves to younger people and thought of this thread. He'll be a club ambassador, which apparently includes writing an opening song and designing limited edition hats. Smart move.
http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/15150998/chicago-white-sox-club-ambassador-deal-chance-rapper

The Raptors have done it with Drake and it's been a huge success from what I've noticed. Combine that with a great team on the court and the are having some of their best years.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

i heard the masters theme will be replaced by golf-related songs written by a collaboration between ghost face killa and jackson browne. try to keep everybody happy.

62699395.jpg

I'M not really offended. I was just hoping against hope that espn would do the right thing with regard to America's pastime.......I should have known better. Society has turned tradition on it's ear for quite some time now, and espn being the sheep that they are just perpetuate it further.

I'M not really offended. I was just hoping against hope that espn would do the right thing with regard to America's pastime.......I should have known better. Society has turned tradition on it's ear for quite some time now, and espn being the sheep that they are just perpetuate it further.

What exactly is "the right thing"? Things, including society's tastes in music, change with time. Just because you don't like the music doesn't mean there's something wrong with it.

i heard the masters theme will be replaced by golf-related songs written by a collaboration between ghost face killa and jackson browne. try to keep everybody happy.
That would be sweet. I would love to see Joran Speith blasting NWA and EasyE from a bluetooth speaker as he approaches Amen Corner!

Can't we all just get along - Rodney King

I use ESPN for live sports only.

I have the mlb channel for baseball, nfl network for my football news. Golf channel, nhl network. I can't stand any of the sportcenter guys. To much talk and there stupid one liners get on my nerves. That and there so east coast biased it's pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back