2016 Masters Preview - The Dean Has Spoken - THP Radio

Cool!! I'll listen on the way home tonight.

when we put together the list of 10, I had him right at that 10-11 mark. He's a contender.
Until the pressure of Sunday comes, then he'll have his usual collapse and probably finish somewhere around 20 t 25.

I'm not supposed to argue with "the Dean" am I?...at least I'm not supposed to. :act-up:
What pick is the separator between contender and sleeper? Would anyone outside the top 10 picks for this week be considered a sleeper or does it go down further than that...15, 20? In my mind a sleeper is someone that is not a clear cut favorite of the masses such as Spieth, Rory, Day, Bubba, Mickelson.

I mean Stenson just finished runner up last week. He's #9 in betting odds according to VegasInsider. Perhaps will go this order. Favorites, Contenders, Sleepers, Dark Horses. You can cut them up however you'd like, but you will have a hard time convincing me that he's a sleeper or dark horse.

Another entertaining episode guys! A great lead up to the tournament.

I mean Stenson just finished runner up last week. He's #9 in betting odds according to VegasInsider. Perhaps will go this order. Favorites, Contenders, Sleepers, Dark Horses. You can cut them up however you'd like, but you will have a hard time convincing me that he's a sleeper or dark horse.

Definitely not trying to convince you otherwise...just wasn't sure at what point most people stop thinking of someone as a favorite. In my mind I was going with anyone outside the top 5.
I like how you broke it down even further though: Favorites, Contenders, Sleepers, Dark Horses. This makes more sense.

I'm not supposed to argue with "the Dean" am I?...at least I'm not supposed to. :act-up:
What pick is the separator between contender and sleeper? Would anyone outside the top 10 picks for this week be considered a sleeper or does it go down further than that...15, 20? In my mind a sleeper is someone that is not a clear cut favorite of the masses such as Spieth, Rory, Day, Bubba, Mickelson.

I strongly suggest listening to this one, as we discuss this very topic.

It was a fun show and I think people will really enjoy it leading up to the Masters kicking off.
What a perfect way to kick off masters week, love the talk of the history, course and contenders this year!

I strongly suggest listening to this one, as we discuss this very topic.

Way ahead of ya...listened at lunch. Just offering my thoughts.

Hopefully more THPers tune in for this one.

Hopefully more THPers tune in for this one.

I'm finishing up the listen now! Ol' Dean with the favorites off the top of his head like a boss :D

Interesting to hear Dean talk about Adam Scott and his short putter. Scott was on PGA Tour XM radio this morning and said something to the effect of, "People seem to forget that I used a short putter my first 10 years on the tour." Seems like he's not surprised about his success given that fact.

And in regards to DJ, he certainly comes off as just....nonchalant. I wonder if he has that killer instinct to finish strong.

Looking forward to listening to this tonight!!!

Just finished listening, and I'm wondering if you guys were looking at my THP Fantasy Golf lineup this week with some of those picks :wink:

Downloading it now, and will listen on my way across town for the boys soccer practices.

Just listened to it while at work. Really enjoyed it.

Another gem gentleman. Very entertaining back and fourth.

As always, we appreciate all who tune in. Love seeing tweets about the show and #THPRadio in general, and comments on the home page. So now the big question is, who is ready to order some of these?

CfSRughUkAEESm9.jpg

Downloading this one for a listen at work.

Another great listen guys. I do blame you for another lost half hour at work though. :act-up:

As always, we appreciate all who tune in. Love seeing tweets about the show and #THPRadio in general, and comments on the home page. So now the big question is, who is ready to order some of these?

I'll take one

Was another really good listen. Loved the descriptions of the course and accurate in a way that only someone who has walked the grounds could be. Will be a great tournament for sure.

Grabbing it on the line and to the phone for a listen while making dinner. Always a good time.

Was another really good listen. Loved the descriptions of the course and accurate in a way that only someone who has walked the grounds could be. Will be a great tournament for sure.

Grabbing it on the line and to the phone for a listen while making dinner. Always a good time.

Thanks guys. It is always fun talking Augusta with Dean.

I love The Dean has spoken! I have not missed an episode! I normally agree with The Dean ... but I just can't get on the Bubba train ...

Great episode and love Masters talk. I agree that Rafa is a sleeper pick and I think Mahan is a solid pick as sleeper too.

Back