Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need to track down a decent looking grip to put on the custom THP UST Mamiya shaft..... man I hope the shop has some awesome looking grips tomorrow.

Yeah, that thing was my crutch. Been going on strong two years and MANY many THP events. Makes me sad, sad, sad.
That sucks dude! What are you going to do? Go strictly range finder?

That sucks dude! What are you going to do? Go strictly range finder?

Yeah, have been for the moment, and I hate it bc I'm much better off 90% of the time knowing F/M/B and just playing for the meat of the green.

But, Kevin found his old NeoX and is going to give it to me so that'll be awesome. Most of the time I'd started just leaving my XS on the bag anyways so this will take that place.

Yeah, have been for the moment, and I hate it bc I'm much better off 90% of the time knowing F/M/B and just playing for the meat of the green.

But, Kevin found his old NeoX and is going to give it to me so that'll be awesome. Most of the time I'd started just leaving my XS on the bag anyways so this will take that place.
Ah gotcha, good ole Kevin!

So, I was looking for a clicgear umbrella because mine fits too loose in my push cart's umbrella holder and I stumbled on this.

it seems like a BRILLIANT idea, has anyone tried it?

818WF0keXfL._SL1224_.jpg

Haven't tried that umbrella but have pondered it several times, including last time I walked a round where the rain was on and off.

Pondering Drivers with Club Clash right around the corner. JGR, XR16 and the PING G are on the list of must hits for me, but I know there will be some surprises in there. Can't wait!

So, I was looking for a clicgear umbrella because mine fits too loose in my push cart's umbrella holder and I stumbled on this.

it seems like a BRILLIANT idea, has anyone tried it?

818WF0keXfL._SL1224_.jpg

I have looked at these as well. The potential problem for me that I see is being able to see in front of you do to the umbrella coming down so low.

Love my Seemore PTM putter but I'm just putting terribly with it. Contemplating the FGP giant for a little more forgiveness, although I am worried about the mahoooosive size.

I have looked at these as well. The potential problem for me that I see is being able to see in front of you do to the umbrella coming down so low.
yeah I could see that happening, good point

Cleaver idea but I agree that visibility may be an issue.

yeah I could see that happening, good point

I used a "regular" umbrella for the first time with my Clicgear recently and it drove me nuts having to duck down to see up ahead of me.

I used a "regular" umbrella for the first time with my Clicgear recently and it drove me nuts having to duck down to see up ahead of me.

did you try the clicgear umbrella? is it better?

Love my Seemore PTM putter but I'm just putting terribly with it. Contemplating the FGP giant for a little more forgiveness, although I am worried about the mahoooosive size.

There's always the mini giant, but that's a bit spendy.

Or if you're not wedded to a face balanced at impact putter, something like the PTM3/M1 might work, which has a bit more toe/heel weighting.

No. A taller umbrella would help.

I did buy the adjustable umbrella holder, which is 2-3 inches higher, but it's still not enough. you can buy a spacer to get the stand a bit higher, I am pondering buying 2 or 3 of them.

I did buy the adjustable umbrella holder, which is 2-3 inches higher, but it's still not enough. you can buy a spacer to get the stand a bit higher, I am pondering buying 2 or 3 of them.

A spacer would defiantly help. What type of spacer are you considering?

There's always the mini giant, but that's a bit spendy.

Or if you're not wedded to a face balanced at impact putter, something like the PTM3/M1 might work, which has a bit more toe/heel weighting.

I have the PTM3 now. The Giant is a nice putter to hit, and I seemed to be doing ok with it, by my god, is it huuuuuge. I felt like Krusty The Clown using it.

I have the PTM3 now. The Giant is a nice putter to hit, and I seemed to be doing ok with it, by my god, is it huuuuuge. I felt like Krusty The Clown using it.

Just realized I meant PTM2 - the PTM3 is the one that's similar to the FGP2 shape (my favorite!) and the numbers confused me.

Played 18 at the home course

Played 18 at the home course
And I assume you were pondering something during that round... Putters, putters, putters?

I've been playing a 58* wedge for the last year and I just can't get comfortable with it. I had played 56* my whole life and I think the ponder for a new one is on. After seeing a couple this last weekend the SM6 is at the top of the list. Now just to figure out which grind to go with...

And I assume you were pondering something during that round... Putters, putters, putters?
Haha wrong thread. Stupid tapatalk (or stupid operator but first one sounds better)

Black and yellow Truvis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back