What is your straightest driver combination?

Karl

Reaction score
Handicap
With still getting reasonable distance. What shaft profile and head profile together is most accurate for you?

Lightweight shaft + lightweight head = Distance. For me.

Right now I'm going to say my Ping I25 with the TFC189 tour stiff shaft then my Yonex EZone with the Yonex Rexis.

I really think it has more to do with the swing no matter how forgiving a driver is.

I haven't had a driver that goes straight since 2001 or 2002. I think it was a taylormade 200 steel with a 90 gram shaft 44" I think.

I think lofting up with a heavier tip stiff shaft and hitting a bit down on the ball has been the straightest in my short golf experience.

Right now I'm going to say my Ping I25 with the TFC189 tour stiff shaft then my Yonex EZone with the Yonex Rexis.

I really think it has more to do with the swing no matter how forgiving a driver is.

Agreed. My current driver is the straightest combination so far for me, and not lacking at all in distance.

With still getting reasonable distance. What shaft profile and head profile together is most accurate for you?

The straightest ball flight will be the most spin you can generate and have your swing come in neutral. The ball can only spin on a single axis, so back spin would be your friend here. The shaft wont play a huge role in this, other than confidence in my opinion.

The straightest ball flight will be the most spin you can generate and have your swing come in neutral. The ball can only spin on a single axis, so back spin would be your friend here. The shaft wont play a huge role in this, other than confidence in my opinion.
Agreed even as someone who tries every shaft I can get my hands on. While I know some may "feel" different the changes in numbers are mental (make my body do things because of feel etc)

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

The combo in my signature is the best I have found for me to date. Low spin/low launch shaft + forgiving head.

Low spin for me. Set up to draw and a 70g X flex

My 14* SLDR mini! :act-up:

Callaway Mini 1.5 with Kuro Kage x flex. It is 20 yards shorter than my driver but I hit about 80% of fairways with it and unlike any of my drivers, I can shape it either direction.

So far specifically it's the Callaway great big bertha and Aldila tour green 65x. The UST Elements Helium is getting dialed in though to be pretty close.

shaft profile wise not sure, but something that gives me the right feel throughout my swing so I can be confident with it. 460cc driver heads with high levels of forgiveness tend to give me the straightest flights.

No question, the one currently in my signature....Best ever!

Callaway Great Big Bertha/Project X Hzrdus "THP Green"... I can't get it to move off center if i try.

Based on this weekends event the one I have on order is my best combo. Xr16 pro with hzrdus yellow. Straight for days.

Adams Fast 12LS w/ Kuro Kage

Based on this weekends event the one I have on order is my best combo. Xr16 pro with hzrdus yellow. Straight for days.

That combo sounds incredible

R1/B. Asha and the G30/Tour 65 setups were my straightest yet before my driver swing decided to go off the wild end. Hoping the XR 16 will work out similarly as I work on things.

I think there's more mental issues for me in the driver swing than anywhere else. I will say that I am a huge fan of loft. Currently have my XR 16 cranked up to 12.5˚.

I don't really have one, it depends on my swing. If my swing is on I can hit anyone straight, if it's not then I hit all of them left.

That combo sounds incredible

I was already leaning xr16 pro after re angle on Friday and sat with it for two tee shots in the morning. Had a couple,other drivers that were on the ponder list going into Sundays round.

hit Kangs pro with yellow 6.5 and hit it well surprisingly since it's a 6.5 and I normally play 6 and have a 5.5 in black I was going to put in the driver since 6.0 black was a little too much for me.

the yellow felt as stable as the black and even smoother. I'm hoping to have it by this time next week hopefully sooner.

I have it in the bag. I generally do better with a shorter, heavier, lower launch/spin shaft and a lower spin head. I know how the physics work but I feel I give up no distance and my accuracy is way up.

Club Clash proved to me what JB has said for a while, that a higher spin combo will go straighter. The only lower spin driver that seemed to go straight for me was the LTD.

The Ltd was a good combo for distance and straight for me. And the Ping LS Tec

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back