I honestly never game it any thought to the fact that the faces might change, I would have guessed/bet they wouldn't.

I think this is a great move. We were more than due to have a woman and a person of color on our money, and HT was a trailblazer in a lot of ways.

All of this furor pales in comparison to the stupid practice of continuing to print, rather than coin, $1 currency.

And to still make a penny.

Agree with both of these. The US needs to get with the times, ax the penny and the $1 bill.

I like it. It's a piece of American history. Good or bad it's a part of our history. I like the dichotomy that they didn't removed Jackson completely. I remember seeing that there are tribes out west that still won't use $20 bills, they will ask for two $10s...or something else.

Please, Please don't stop printing the $1. If I had to get 4 coins back for a $5 it will officially be the end of cash for me.

And yes the penny still being in production is stupid.

Please, Please don't stop printing the $1. If I had to get 4 coins back for a $5 it will officially be the end of cash for me.

I made the mistake of buying a range token with cash the other day and got 10 coins back.

Which I hate about traveling through Europe and getting a bunch of coins back on small purchases

New $20 Bill

Research Andrew Jackson more, HT's 70 far outweigh the atrocities he pushed for.

i'm certainly not an expert in this particular area but I am generally aware - BA in (US) history and my grandmother was born and raised on the reservation in Tahlequah. I'll read up on the topics mentioned - appreciate the tips on both HT and AH. As you know, applying modern values to historical figures can be tricky business. Back to the OP, I just don't think HT's accomplishments rise to the level of being recognized in this way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Due for redesign....I'm sure there other things the country could use rather than a face life of currency that is basically worth a fraction of the number printed on it.

The $20 is one of the most commonly forged pieces of currency on the planet, which is why it's subject to frequent revisions. This one will obviously be more extensive, but nonetheless, it's regarded as a worthwhile expenditure.

I'm all for replacing spoils-system Democrats with gun-toting Republicans on currency.

They should replace the $1 and $2 with coins. Not a coin concurrent with bills, just outright replacement. Europe has 1 & 2 Euro coins, and believe it or not, it works much better. Bills last a fraction of the time coins do before being removed from circulation due to wear & tear.

They should replace the $1 and $2 with coins. Not a coin concurrent with bills, just outright replacement. Europe has 1 & 2 Euro coins, and believe it or not, it works much better. Bills last a fraction of the time coins do before being removed from circulation due to wear & tear.
I still say hell no. They may last longer but they are a pain to carry around, sort through, and use. Coins are about 1 billion times more likely to get lost by me before I can throw it in my change cup which I take in to get counted once a year.

i'm certainly not an expert in this particular area but I am generally aware - BA in (US) history and my grandmother was born and raised on the reservation in Tahlequah. I'll read up on the topics mentioned - appreciate the tips on both HT and AH. As you know, applying modern values to historical figures can be tricky business. Back to the OP, I just don't think HT's accomplishments rise to the level of being recognized in this way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not too tricky, Jackson was a worthless bigot.

I really doubt putting someone on money has any effect whatsoever. Does anybody give a crap who Sacagewea was? Nope, not really. We should really be having a discussion about what deeds really elevate a person to the status of currency... It generally is founding fathers, but now we want to change that? If that's the case, then we should have lots of people, space pioneers etc... Pretty soon our currency will look like the monopoly money of all the other countries.

I really doubt putting someone on money has any effect whatsoever. Does anybody give a crap who Sacagewea was? Nope, not really. We should really be having a discussion about what deeds really elevate a person to the status of currency... It generally is founding fathers, but now we want to change that? If that's the case, then we should have lots of people, space pioneers etc... Pretty soon our currency will look like the monopoly money of all the other countries.
Now i dont care at all but there's quite a few people that actually do seem to get pissed off about stuff like that. Same with in God we trust, some people get all sorts of bent outta shape.

I would be totally cool with putting our achievements on our money rather then dead leaders. Wired had a great article on this very subject

http://www.wired.com/2014/11/money-designed-celebrate-science-instead-presidents/

USD_2014_set_back_low-copy.jpg

I don't care if they want to put Mickey Mouse on our currency as long as I can continue to collect it. Now we call the $100 bill a Franklin or a Benjamin , if someone was to give you a Mickey (no pun intended) or a Mouse would you really care and not take it.

If they stop printing $1 bills, my Thursday nights at Chicas Locas are going to get a lot more expensive…

If they stop printing $1 bills, my Thursday nights at Chicas Locas are going to get a lot more expensive…

No sir, you'll just have to figure out how "place" the coin now

They call that crow hopping. Also, thanks for the laugh this afternoon.

Not too tricky, Jackson was a worthless bigot.
I wouldn't say he was worthless... but he was a bigot.

Interesting fact... the battle of New Orleans was actually won AFTER the war was officially over (treaty signed). Word didn't get reach them till later.

I wouldn't say he was worthless... but he was a bigot.

Interesting fact... the battle of New Orleans was actually won AFTER the war was officially over (treaty signed). Word didn't get reach them till later.

Wonder why nobody tweeted it?

Applying today's values and ideals to our founding fathers and those identified through history as playing a significant role in the development of this nation is crazy. With out their efforts you wouldn't be talking about it. Saying Jackson owned slaves as a counter to this is a shame. As unfortunate as slavery was and still is. It was the way of life way back then.

Applying today's values and ideals to our founding fathers and those identified through history as playing a significant role in the development of this nation is crazy. With out their efforts you wouldn't be talking about it. Saying Jackson owned slaves as a counter to this is a shame. As unfortunate as slavery was and still is. It was the way of life way back then.
I agree in many instances, including when it comes to slaves and Jackson. What Jackson did to the natives is pretty awful.

and many any people ignore r don't realize it just wasn't whites who owned slaves. There were black slave owners.

Back