Valero Texas Open Thread

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Pretty decent field this year.

I wonder what draws bigger ratings though, weekend coverage or Rickie's #sb2k16 snapchat :p

This is the first year in a while where I don't have plans of going to watch. I worked it last year, ran the fairway laser on hole #10. Had a great time but I just seem less interested in going out there this year. Of course, with that being said, I'll probably find my way out there for the final round.

Wife works all weekend so ill be watching with the kids all weekend!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Usually a good watch, still one of the best winning SWAG out there!
920x920.jpg

Ill be out there Saturday with the lady. Stoked to see Phil play. You can find us near the beer stand ;)

Seems like we are in a delay already due to the weather.

Seems like we are in a delay already due to the weather.
Doesn't look good!

Definitely not how you want a tournament to start. Hope it clears out so they can get play started.

That's some heavy looking rain but looks to be clearing out shortly. The weather looks good on Friday and Saturday with rain returning on Sunday. Looking to see if DeChambeau can improve on his T4 finish from last week.

Valero Texas Open Thread

It's going to be a mud fest with even more rain called for on Sunday. Hope to make it out there tomorrow for a few hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man it seems like every week Charley Hoffman is on the top of the leaderboard, only to fall as the week progresses.

Man it seems like every week Charley Hoffman is on the top of the leaderboard, only to fall as the week progresses.

Love this guy, and he always does well here...

I picked him this week. I read that If tournaments ended with 36 holes, Hoffman would have Tiger like number in terms of wins.

Hoping to be able to follow along with this one this weekend.

Thinking about going out to watch it this year. This will be my first golf event to attend, so any pointers would be welcome. Are the general admission at the gate plenty to be able to walk the course and see it all? Again any pointers please send my way to make it the best experience for the wife. Thanks in advanced!

Crazy how well Hoffman has started tourneys lately. Hopefully he can keep it together. Seems like a good guy.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Keeping track of Brad Dalke (amateur) this week. He's a freshman at Oklahoma (Committed as a 12 year old) and got his invite by winning the Jr. PGA Championship. As a jr. he spent a few years at a golf academy in Fort Worth. Great kid. We will probably see him playing on Sunday a lot in a couple of years.

Mr. 57 is doing alright...great story too.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

DJ Trahan is having a great start to his day at the Valero... -4 thru 5

Thinking about going out to watch it this year. This will be my first golf event to attend, so any pointers would be welcome. Are the general admission at the gate plenty to be able to walk the course and see it all? Again any pointers please send my way to make it the best experience for the wife. Thanks in advanced!

General Admission will be just fine. The whole course is very accessible from the entry gate. Plenty of food and beverage locations, most popular is behind the 16th, includes a beer garden, you can't miss it.

Only thing you need to plan for is transportation. Parking in the area will run you $20 with a free shuttle. There are other areas around town that'll shuttle you back and forth as well.

Entry is free if you are/were military, or a member of USAA.

One of the hardest NON Major courses that the Tour stops at, always like seeming them play in southern Texas!

Some guys getting after it today.

Back