THP Regional Rivalry - NY/NJ vs New England - Sponsored By True Temper

I love the looks of this course so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hole 5. Our first par 3. Always interesting in match play.

d52272b89ffb1800087f2dfdf35c2315.jpg

Could be anything from a 7 iron to a 4 hybo depending on wind and pin

Could be anything from a 7 iron to a 4 hybo depending on wind and pin

Agreed, for me it's probably a 5i or a choked up Heavenwood depending on conditions and pin placement.

Excited to get out there Sunday, wonder which swing shows up for me though.

I'm looking forward to meeting all you guys and getting a round in at The Ranch. It'll only be my 2nd round of the year so I'm not expecting much but I know it'll be fun. We fill the last spot yet?

Is there any elevation change on this par 3? That and wind could play into what club to go with. The green looks to be relatively long and somewhat narrow. Safe shot to the front 1/3?

Is there any elevation change on this par 3? That and wind could play into what club to go with. The green looks to be relatively long and somewhat narrow. Safe shot to the front 1/3?

Pretty flat and straight forward, hit the green and should be a easy peasy 2 putt par miss the green it's a tough up and down.

Depends on tees most likely an iron safe play for par

Pretty flat and straight forward, hit the green and should be a easy peasy 2 putt par miss the green it's a tough up and down.

My kind of hole then.

Depending on weather conditions, either a 4 iron or my rescue club

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Depends on the distance and elevation from the tee we play that day really, if we are on the tips for this hole which is that 189 number depending on wind maybe looking at a 6, maybe a 5. But if we play the blue tees the hole plays more like 150 so 8 or 9 depending on pin and wind

Depends on yardage; at 189 that is a hybrid for me. If it is more like 145-150 it is an 8i

With what looks like room behind the green and trouble in front, my inkling is to take the 4h out on this one. But, depending on how I'm hitting the ball, and where the pin/tees are, it could be the 5i.

Yeah could be a wide range of club selection for this one. Could be anywhere from a PW or 9 to a 4 iron depending on conditions! Lol

Based on course description it's slightly uphill 189 is a 4h for me. Based on wind, club selection could vary from a 6i to a 3h. If I miss I'd want to come up short at entrance to the green rather shortside myself in a bunker.

Last edited:
I'm playing the ranch Sunday, makes me happy, maybe we'll periscope this hole.

wish I was able to make it on Sunday.

Me too, need to play out of your bag, i want some new tech in my life

what kind of rates are they charging this time of year?

THP Regional Rivalry - NY/NJ vs New England - Sponsored By True Temper

what kind of rates are they charging this time of year?

$79 and $60 after 1pm which is what we're paying.

Bad news is they punched on Monday, so greens may be a bit bumpy this Sunday

After memorial day rates go up

good to know.

I was wondering when the punched.

Good prep start today. 39 on the front 9 at the home course. Really pleased

Taking a break from course layout - what's everyone focusing on for prep? I had a short game/sand lesson today. That's where I've been losing all of my strokes to start the year.

Back