Regional Rivalry DMV vs Carolina's Practice Trip Weekend of April 23rd

Had a blast today, even with losing my Callout match. It was great watching Bob show us the way around the course. He makes it look so easy. Met plenty of new faces and look forward to teeing it up again with THPer's. I would play with any of these guys anytime.

The approach to 17 and TBanks and TheCrest4

6bba53c36470b34433383fecff8cfd5b.jpg
94dcd29753a878f5b66a41bf5cf76d4e.jpg

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
Double thumbs up! This picture rules

Ok this was the ridiculous bunker that Tbanks was in on hole 11. Pictures do not do it justice, it was a legit 30 feet below the green

463ec48f5baaed71c1099dae7cbac5e6.jpg

d650bc32dc6a2f249ebbc51e531604a3.jpg

Hole 11 is going to be a potential game changer for those playing in RR. If you hit a poor tee shot here and your second shot isn't on point you will be in a lot of trouble.

Ok this was the ridiculous bunker that Tbanks was in on hole 11. Pictures do not do it justice, it was a legit 30 feet below the green

Question is did he get out of it for a scrambler?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

THPers off 10

5f0e3dc595bf25e0a3dede2d71de0367.jpg

Course looks great and tough, glad
You guys got out. Wow tbanks was definitely in a spot of trouble there.

Maybe I'll just stick to playing the front 9. That's a bunker I don't want to play out of, and if there's a bunker near a green you can bet I'll find it.

What carrier? May impact live updates come RR.
AT&T also due to an unexpected low battery, I didn't take too many pictiees to post later. Thanks to Crest for gettimg so many.

Oh and TBanks I was in that same bunker after hitting a hybrid about as well as I could hit it. Took me three shots to get out. Too much firm packed mud/sand for the high bounce wedge I had.

Maybe I'll just stick to playing the front 9. That's a bunker I don't want to play out of, and if there's a bunker near a green you can bet I'll find it.
Brother, I found so many like that on the back nine. They are all tough and they are everywhere. Several fairway bunkers that require a 9 or P to get out of, just to get over the high lip.

I had a terrible ball striking day (even by my standards). Some of that was first time THP gathering nerves... some of it was just me. It was still a lot of fun though. I can say this course is a truth machine. Ball striking must be on point. Especially on approach shots, mis-hits will cost strokes. You are not going to get away with anything. Even shots hit well can cost you if it's not in the right place.

Match play here is going to be fun.

Great meeting you Huhh.

What a great time today. Played with many good friends and met a couple new ones for the First time. Just like all THP events official and non official local ones, the golf was a great time. Great shots celebrated, bad shots laughed at or even mocked, all in good fun. Then the always special time of drinks and food afterward. Hearing how the other rounds went and just a great time.

Personal thanks to Big Ball for being the chauffeur today. What a great ride down and back in hod brand new big A$$ truck.

Last edited:
It was ridiculous, the pictures do not do it justice. Come July the sides and top of the bunker will be grown in and there is no way people will find errant shots near this bunker.

This is the green on 11

5022c0190cb654a2138c7cba5824156a.jpg

It was ridiculous, the pictures do not do it justice. Come July the sides and top of the bunker will be grown in and there is no way people will find errant shots near this bunker.

From the the fairway it looks intimidating, and it gets worse the closer you get. It's a tough hole for sure. The wind in your face really brought that into play.

From the the fairway it looks intimidating, and it gets worse the closer you get. It's a tough hole for sure. The wind in your face really brought that into play.
Agreed, I hit a bad tee shot and couldn't see anything but I knew right was bad. 4 hybrid left and just short of the green is what I did.

The Captain with wise words before the round

50c9a56e180f6a7390be7ab9dd6c0475.jpg

Anyone who's played this course and TB/Caledonia or other Stranz designed courses have any comparisons or differences? I'm seeing a lot of similarities to Tobacco Road.

I had a terrible ball striking day (even by my standards). Some of that was first time THP gathering nerves... some of it was just me. It was still a lot of fun though. I can say this course is a truth machine. Ball striking must be on point. Especially on approach shots, mis-hits will cost strokes. You are not going to get away with anything. Even shots hit well can cost you if it's not in the right place.

Match play here is going to be fun.
It was great meeting you Huhh. Had a fun time yesterday. I thought that up and down you made on 7 was awesome. Required a perfect pitch with no room for error and you pulled it off. Very cool.

The Captain with wise words before the round

50c9a56e180f6a7390be7ab9dd6c0475.jpg

For those wondering..

Mesaman77 in black and White,
Huhh in all black
RNG in the agua colored shirt
TBanks in the bright green
Diveguy in the dark blue shirt
CAA_Beat in the dark blue wind shirt
BigBall wearing the Orioles colors.

The starter is in the blue shirt with red hat behind me.

For those wondering..

Mesaman77 in black and White,
Huhh in all black
RNG in the agua colored shirt
TBanks in the bright green
Diveguy in the dark blue shirt
CAA_Beat in the dark blue wind shirt
BigBall wearing the Orioles colors.

The starter is in the blue shirt with red hat behind me.
The assistant to the traveling secretary with the picture

Anyone who's played this course and TB/Caledonia or other Stranz designed courses have any comparisons or differences? I'm seeing a lot of similarities to Tobacco Road.

There were times on the course that it felt very True Blue like. 2 of Par 5's that are very risk reward style. Where as the other two are very much 3 shot par 5's. The undulations in the fairways and lining the fairways is much more dramatic than at True Blue. Many more blind shots on the course than True Blue. I think the par 3s are tougher at RNK. Not overly long with no wind, but yesterday we had some serious wind to contend with.

Back