What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

Continue to use the Pro V1. Although was really off with every wedge today. But I feel even the misses had enough to stop on the green or just barely off as opposed to others thst wouldn't have had any bite at all.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

i have been in a mood where i just do not care what ball i hit. going with the mood i played 4 balls today, on each hole for nine holes: prov1x, rzn platinum, top flite bomb, elite 50. of couse the pv1x was as expected as i play them often. i have never played the other 3 nor would i have i mot found them and kept them. rzn platinum did nothing spectacular but evrything okay, feel was there with all clubs, held it's line , durable,. the surprises were the bomb and the 50 elite. the bomb was the longest ball of the group, not too hard, but hard, seemed like it did not wander too much, durable, a touch hard on the putter, did i say long. the wilson staff i enjoyed. it was very workable because of its softness. i like it off of the putter. and it seemed sticky. not so durable, but the down side, a total sense of nothingness on the feel at impact.

Q Star tonight, felt great off the putter and irons.

Switched 100% to the 2016 Project (a) ball. Just does what I want it to for a good price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ProV1x (2014) for the round today.
Did not have any balls zip back, probably a combo of harder greens and less steep swing.
I have no complaints - had a few hop and stop shots, great spin around the green. Good feel w the putter.

B330 RX today.
Not my favorite ball, but not bad. Decent stopping power on approach shots, good spin greenside, and solid distance off driver. I hit thru a fairway at 275 yds, although a big bounce helped.

I've used a Snell MTB last two rounds.
They feel good off all clubs very similar to Pro V1 I think. The greens here are pretty hard right now but I was seeing them check up well with wedges.

Downsides is the big visible seam and the durability. Personally I think the durability is very bad compared to comparable balls. They cut up easy with wedges and seem to scuff more with errant shots which hit trees or paths.

Tapped from my smarter than me phone.

Yesterday I went out and tried a Tour 330 RX for 3 holes, then a ProV1 for 3, then the ProV1x for 3. I just wanted to compare each early in the round. As it turned out I struggled with the RX off the putter, and just didn't feel the distance was as good. ended up 5 over with the RX, 1 over with V1x and even with the V1. Now in all fairness not a great test due to the shortness played, but it did answer some of my question about the RX as my swing speed is in the low 90s. I was really thinking this might be a good ball for me. As it stands right now I'll stay with the ProVs.

played a solo round and was trying to keep at a slow pace to keep behind the group in front of me.

I decided to play the last nine holes with two different balls.

B330RX - first time playing this ball. The two things I noticed were that it felt kind of heavy off the driver. I did have a couple monster drives though, well beyond my normal average, so possibly longer off the tee than my Wilson Duo's the other thing was it seemed to do a one hop and stop on approach shots. This may have been due to the freshly aerated greens though. Not sure... overall not too bad

Pro V1 - honestly not the amazing experience I was expecting lol! Similar feel off the driver as the B330RX. between the two, I think the B330RX performed a little bit better.

I still like my Wilson Duo's, thinking about trying a sleeve of the Duo Urethane next.

So on Tuesday I played as s single behind a course full of 4somes. So I played 3 balls. E6, tommy armor 845 tour feel and a Calloway hex. For driving purpose all 3 where within 5 yards of each other. Did find the hex a little less forgiving on my fade.
The tommies at 2 dozen for $22 imho are a good value. Might just play these full time. Used to be my jungle course ball. I'm really impressed with these tommies. Supposedly its there pro V ball.

80b9d88be691243c270cfb7097646603.jpg

From left to right. Call, tommy, E6. This was pretty much the results all round.

e6 and it's going to be the only ball I play for the remainder of 2016.

I finally put the Duo U in play yesterday. I like how it played really. Seemed pretty comparable to the W/S FG Tour ball with a bit more spin into the greens. $37 a dozen is a fair price for this ball IMO

I finally put the Duo U in play yesterday. I like how it played really. Seemed pretty comparable to the W/S FG Tour ball with a bit more spin into the greens. $37 a dozen is a fair price for this ball IMO

Is the FG your gamer? Any comparison thoughts to the Bridgestone balls?

Is the FG your gamer? Any comparison thoughts to the Bridgestone balls?

No my gamer is normally the B330. But I started playing around cause I'm not sold on the newest version. I think I'm seeing way to much spin off my irons. But that might just be me.

If I were to compare the Duo U to Bridgestone it would be the B330RX. Seems very similar to me.

No my gamer is normally the B330. But I started playing around cause I'm not sold on the newest version. I think I'm seeing way to much spin off my irons. But that might just be me.

If I were to compare the Duo U to Bridgestone it would be the B330RX. Seems very similar to me.

Awesome, thanks Kevin - putting it in play today and want a fresh perspective.

Good luck dude, let us know how it goes.

Bstone- b330. Love that ball

For anyone looking for a great feeling 2 piece, buy a dozen Supersoft. Loved it...awesome distance and ball flight.

Srixon Z-Star XV's and ProV1x ...I go between. If I run out of Z-Stars then I will buy a sleeve of ProV1x's

For me: Srixon Z-Star XV's are lower spin on full shots, fly straighter in wind and have more control on full shots. Driver FW, Long Irons fly awesome. Approach irons drop n stop 1-5ft from my divot 7i - LW. XV's Putt firmer, roll out a tad longer on greens , taking less energy or putting stroke to get the ball to the hole Vs ProV1x, hence I can be a tad more compact in my putting stroke and the blade gets back to the ball a bit more square with the slightly shorter stroke needed.

For me: ProV1x feel softer, spins more on greenside pitching and will stop up after a few bounces...were XV's will roll out a few more ft....but very acceptable.
ProV1x on short iron full shot approach shots will spin too much for me and back up, and sometimes making a great shot worse. I have to think about how much zip I put on the ball on full shots, and take note of the green surface and pin locations. Sometimes I wish I had Binoculors stronger than my rangefinder, as some tricky green slopes and ball spin have had me 3 putting.

Q: Can any of you recommend a similar ball to XV's as ProV1x is a bit different

On a whim I picked up a sleeve of the new Wilson/Staff Duo 29 compression balls. This ball was amazing, long and straight off the tee and very workable around the green. I was very surprised by the amount of control I had on touch shots since it does not have a urethane cover and by how good it felt on the longer shots. I hit 1 cart path and had a small scuff that was easily fixed with my nail file but overall the ball held up very well. The best part is that this ball is only 19.99 a dozen (19.97 at Walmart) if you can get past your brain telling you the ball is just too soft give it a try it will greatly surprise you.

Seckes85 threw a sleeve of these in with a recent marketplace purchase. I put them in play for my last round and shot my low score of the season. Impressive distance and feel. I may look to get some more.

0a3519fd1f25ea387037601939899da5.jpg

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Awesome, thanks Kevin - putting it in play today and want a fresh perspective.

i agree with Kevin's assessment on it being similar to the 330rx. The duo u was a good ball,when I played it at Musket Ridge and another round after that.

Bridgestone e6 in orange. I prefer the b330s but loved the visibility of the orange.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

i agree with Kevin's assessment on it being similar to the 330rx. The duo u was a good ball,when I played it at Musket Ridge and another round after that.

Would you consider replacing your gamer with this?

Back