European Soccer 2015/2016

I thought 4th was guaranteed CL for next season, just not the season after next.

Also...#WengerOut

They were talking about it a game or two ago. Sounded like they meant next year.

Hope not, because I'm not sure City holds off Arsenal.

They were talking about it a game or two ago. Sounded like they meant next year.

Hope not, because I'm not sure City holds off Arsenal.
My cat could hold off Arsenal right now.

City actually have four games left after their horrendous draw with Newcastle. 12 points back and all but dead in the water for the title. Arsenal is one point behind City for third but with a game in hand. And fourth place in the Premiere League isn't necessarily a guarantee for Champions League next season.

I thought 4th was guaranteed CL for next season, just not the season after next.

Also...#WengerOut

The scenario for 4th place not making CL is this...if Man City wins Champions League but is not in top 4, and Liverpool wins Europa League but is not in top 4, then the 4th place BPL team would NOT be in CL. Winner of Champions League and Europa League get entry in CL and one nation can only have 5 entrants in CL.

My understanding is that due to English teams cumulative performance in Europe compared to Italian sides this year, the BPL will keep their 4 guaranteed spots for the next few years, but the above is the immediate scenario.

The scenario for 4th place not making CL is this...if Man City wins Champions League but is not in top 4, and Liverpool wins Europa League but is not in top 4, then the 4th place BPL team would NOT be in CL. Winner of Champions League and Europa League get entry in CL and one nation can only have 5 entrants in CL.

My understanding is that due to English teams cumulative performance in Europe compared to Italian sides this year, the BPL will keep their 4 guaranteed spots for the next few years, but the above is the immediate scenario.
Look at Donne taking us to school. Thanks for the lesson!

Look at Donne taking us to school. Thanks for the lesson!

I'm a learning Tottenham fan...apparently it is in the fan manual that you have to look for every way possible that a Champions League spot can be taken out from under you. :alien:

Thanks for dropping the knowledge Donne!

ramiro funes mori POS. i hope he catches a good beat down. if the red card was not piss poor enough, walking off tugging his jersey as he screws his team over for the next match....POS

ramiro funes mori POS. i hope he catches a good beat down. if the red card was not piss poor enough, walking off tugging his jersey as he screws his team over for the next match....POS
It was a bad tackle. Let's be honest, Everton is mind of screwed over in general.

Funny looking back on it. When Moyes was sacked at ManUre, there were some THPers saying Roberto Martinez was the man for the job, because "he was a builder."

Last edited:
Premier League TV schedule
All times Eastern.

Saturday, April 23
Manchester City vs. Stoke, 7:45am, NBCSN, NBC Universo and NBC Sports Live Extra
Liverpool vs. Newcastle, 10am, NBCSN, NBC Universo and NBC Sports Live Extra
Bournemouth vs. Chelsea, 10am, USA and NBC Sports Live Extra
Aston Villa vs. Southampton, 10am, Premier League Extra Time and NBC Sports Live Extra
Everton vs. Manchester United (FA Cup semi-final), 12:15pm, FOX Sports 2 and FOX Soccer 2GO

Sunday, April 24
Sunderland vs. Arsenal, 9:05am, NBCSN, Telemundo and NBC Sports Live Extra
Crystal Palace vs. Watford (FA Cup semi-final), 11am, FOX Sports 2 and FOX Soccer 2GO
Leicester vs. Swansea, 11:15am, NBCSN, Telemundo and NBC Sports Live Extra

Monday, April 25
Spurs vs. West Brom, 3pm, NBCSN, NBC Universo and NBC Sports Live Extra

Well Smalls Stoke Man City... Tell your boys to take it easy haha

FA Cup semifinals! GGMU!

Wayne fricken Rooney. What hustle.

Really good action in this one already.

Really iffy call on the penalty, but what a save by De Gea.

MARTIAL!!!!!!!!!!

Regardless of what happens today against Sunderland, #WengerOut

Olivier Giroud is an anchor. I mean that in a bad way.

Welp, Arsenal is gross.

Walcott, useless
Giroud, useless
Ramsey, useless
Wenger, useless

Arsenal isn't worth it. They're completely boring and a drain on my energy.

I'm sorry to everybody who watched that game.

As a City fan I was excited to watch Sunderland hold on a get a point from the game with Arsenal. Keeps City in 3rd for now.
On a different note, I thought Yedlin played well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well Arsenal did what they needed to do for City.

Meanwhile, Leicester is clinching a non title for Man City.

Leicester just continues to do what they need to. This team was in the 3rd tier English league only a few years ago. Pretty improbable, and impressive run.

Back