The best shot of the round

135 into a bit of wind, decided to hit a smooth 9 iron. Tracking to the hole the entire way, landing about a foot long and spinning back across to finish at about a foot and a half.

Secondary option: smooth 50* to two feet on one of the harder holes on the course. Oh yeah!

Apex 5hy from 201 to a foot and a half.

Best shot of the day was my second shot of the day. Par 5, I had 239 left to the hole. First swing with new 3 hybrid saw a nice draw and came up 5 yards short of the pin. Chipped on and had a great birdie putt that lipped out. Was the start of the story on my round.

Green side bunker shot to 1'. The PM grind saved me all day long

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

54* from 89 yards to 4' to a pin tuck back right.

lots of ups and downs in yesterday's round, but had a couple good shots:
hole # 3: 55 deg SCOR wedge from 85 yards in the 1st cut of rough to about 18" from the pin. Made the birdie putt. On the next hole, I put my tee shot in the lake.
Hole # 16: 59 deg wedge from about 50 yards to an elevated green. Stuck the landing about 2 feet from the pin. Missed the par putt.

Hit the green from 263 out just barely 2 putt birdie, other good one hit the pin from 103 sadly bounced like 10 feet away and missed putt. Would have been kick in if I was a foot right of pin

149 yd Par 3. 8i hit right of the hole and went in.
c86a5297730a9ede003224b40b1b6f29.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was happy with two drives yesterday that were accurately positioned. I perfectly hugged the edge of a dog leg right protected by water, leaving me 140 in from the 417 tees. And on 18, a 447 dog leg left protected by mature trees, I carried the trees and cut the corner, leaving me 195 in. In each case you couldn't walked down the fairway and drop the ball in better spots.

17th hole, par 3 at 162 dead into a 15-20 mph wind. Smooth swung 5 iron to 4 ft., made the birdie put. I sure like these new to me, but older 2013 model Cobra AMP Cell graphite regular shafts.

54* sm6 from 106 to 3 feet.

9 iron from 144 to 4 feet on the second hole of a sudden death playoff to set my partner up for the winning birdie putt to claim first place in our flight.

Hole #8 (was #17 today since I started on the back). 162-ish yard par 3 downhill. Stuck the iron to about 4 feet and made the putt.

From yesterday's practice round at the site of the DMV Carolina RR course, 4 hybrid from 175 into the wind on a Par 5. Hit a hill in the green and it trickled down to 25 feet and make the bird.

Best shot for me yesterday was a chip-in birdie from the rough after short-siding myself on the par 3 3rd.

After that I gotta go with almost every tee shot with driver. Bomb after bomb was finding the fairway.

149 yd Par 3. 8i hit right of the hole and went in.
c86a5297730a9ede003224b40b1b6f29.jpg

Awesome!!! Congratulations!!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Back