BIGBall I'm Calling You Out #THPCallout

That's a dominant effort

Congrats BIGBall! That's some great playing!

Congrats Don! It was good to see you buddy

Congrats BigBall on the win 12 putts on the front is incredible. CAA_beat good effort trying to stop that train. It was a blast out there yesterday and it was good to see everyone again.

I went through the card this morning. We played the match straight up as that's what I always prefer. But if this had been a HC match and I got the 7 strokes that probably separate us, I still would have lost 5&4.

He really did play some solid golf, and hit some clutch shots. Whoever he gets teamed with in RR, that team will present a formidable challenge for the Carolina boys.

Thanks Trey, for the kind words, I'll learn from it and be better prepared come July.

I went through the card this morning. We played the match straight up as that's what I always prefer. But if this had been a HC match and I got the 7 strokes that probably separate us, I still would have lost 5&4.

He really did play some solid golf, and hit some clutch shots. Whoever he gets teamed with in RR, that team will present a formidable challenge for the Carolina boys.

Thanks Trey, for the kind words, I'll learn from it and be better prepared come July.
Glad that you got the experience of competing on such a difficult course. That will only make you that much tougher to play against come July. Keep doing work buddy

The old saying "Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while" rang true here lol. In the past, the younger Bigball would have lost it after the first hole when I hit a solid iron shot that somehow ended up in sticker bushes off the back, and ended up unplayable lol.

The good thing for me was the next day I played Honey Run in York, and only had 31 putts on much faster greens- and had 4! putts on the first hole! That and short game is where I need to make my bones lol. Playing with Rob and Mike was awesome, and Rob's game is coming around. I need to steal his Titleist hybrid lol.

It was great playing with Don and Rob, super nice people!!! The match was fun to watch. Rob got a couple of bad breaks but Don was super solid!! It was great practice for the Regional Rivalry!! Really enjoyed it!!

The old saying "Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while" rang true here lol. In the past, the younger Bigball would have lost it after the first hole when I hit a solid iron shot that somehow ended up in sticker bushes off the back, and ended up unplayable lol.

The good thing for me was the next day I played Honey Run in York, and only had 31 putts on much faster greens- and had 4! putts on the first hole! That and short game is where I need to make my bones lol. Playing with Rob and Mike was awesome, and Rob's game is coming around. I need to steal his Titleist hybrid lol.
Ha...Hybrid comment noted if you're in my foursome at the next day

It was great playing with Don and Rob, super nice people!!! The match was fun to watch. Rob got a couple of bad breaks but Don was super solid!! It was great practice for the Regional Rivalry!! Really enjoyed it!!
Thanks Mike. I didnt' want to complain about it, but I really felt like I hit some solid golf shots, that just came up a tad short, or were just a bit offline. I went over the round hole by hole Sunday AM, and realized I hit a lot more good shots than I did bad shots, it's just that bad or loose shots there will really put you out of position on the hole and be tough to recover from, just like Big Ball mentioned on his first hole. I felt I had two solid 6 irons there, the first one from the fairway way way back, that cleared the bunkers but got hung up in the ravine below it, and the shot from the ravine came out so clean, but just a bit off line and was in more junk off to the right, which led to a tough shot that flew over the green.

That was a real slap in the face to open...Ha

Ha...Hybrid comment noted if you're in my foursome at the next day

Thanks Mike. I didnt' want to complain about it, but I really felt like I hit some solid golf shots, that just came up a tad short, or were just a bit offline. I went over the round hole by hole Sunday AM, and realized I hit a lot more good shots than I did bad shots, it's just that bad or loose shots there will really put you out of position on the hole and be tough to recover from, just like Big Ball mentioned on his first hole. I felt I had two solid 6 irons there, the first one from the fairway way way back, that cleared the bunkers but got hung up in the ravine below it, and the shot from the ravine came out so clean, but just a bit off line and was in more junk off to the right, which led to a tough shot that flew over the green.

That was a real slap in the face to open...Ha

I thought with the tough conditions you hit the ball pretty well Rob. I think the key with this course is knowing where the safe miss is - because shots here, with the lies, possibly conditions, will be missed. Without really knowing this course, the first time here is going to be hard - it just is.

yeah, we didn't really touch on the weather conditions too much. As we mentioned to each other a few times. Craziest weather I have played in many years. It went from 62 windy and cold, to sunny and 70's in a matter of minutes, then back to rain and cold. Took the rain gear off and on at least two times . If it had stayed just one or the other, it would have been easy to adapt to. But constantly changing just added to the challenge.

Oh and I did get a "I told you so, but nobody listens to me" comment when I got home, for not taking any long pants or rain gear....LOL

Fun read! Sorry I missed the actual thread - I am sure you two had a blast!

Well in fairness Dave, if you blinked you missed the match....Ha I stumbled big out of the box, and even on my good stretch of the last 5 holes of the front, I only gained one hole back as he was throwing up pars sandwiched around a birdie!!

While we agreed it would be a more just play and have fun type round than get real into the match part of it, we were both grinding out each hole and dealing with the conditions. I can just say, I'm glad he's on team DMV come July. he'll be a handful for the Carolina boys.

We really did! Saw Rob with some lies that a billy goat would have had trouble with, saw balls disappear than suddenly fly into woods out of nowhere, and saw more fat shots hit, mostly by yours truly, than Rosanne drinking at a bar. I think my round would have been better, but on the back I took some chances that I normally wouldn't - and let's just say there is a reason I don't haha!

The second shot on 17 is still one of the craziest thing's I've ever seen. No way I can describe it and do justice.

But Big Ball hit a shot that went right and rolled over a crest, it was moving at a decent speed, but looked like it would stop easily beofre it got to the tree line about 20 yards from the crest of the hill. So the ball rolls out of site and all of a sudden comes flying about 5 feet into the air into the woods. I happened to see it and literally yelled WHAT THE HELL!! Big Ball asked what happened and I said, I have no idea but it looks like a monkey or something threw your ball into the woods.

As we drive over, and get to the ridge of the hill, we see it bout feet below were a bunch of sharp edged rocks lining a small creek. Obviously it had enough speed to hit one of those rocks just right and bound into the woods. It had to be seen to believe.

And I really did need a billy goat to get to some of my shots. A couple of them probably could have been played, like the one on No. 2 15 feet down a ravine that was reachable, but I wasn't about two undo the surgical job done on these two knees to save one Pro V and one shot. Besides the shot I took after the drop probaby was much better than if I had gone down and tried to play it.

Probably, just a well that I couldn't make it. Based on what I read about the course, someone would have posted--played well, but it would have been better if not for hitting a shot then drag the Wahoo, hit a shoot then drag the Wahoo.........

Back