Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
TM, the official vendor of OEM's everywhere lol
Of course you will hear about it. Or I'll be yelling eff that Fubuki for months. :D

Props to TM for allowing me to future proof the OEM'ing capabilities.

I would definitely recommend getting a 2nd fitting. Results dont lie and go with what works best. I would also recommend looking more at shot dispersion than that of just pure distance.

I hate to keep beating this horse dead, I should just go and get a second fitting. However, I got the girlfriend to dig up the paperwork from my fitting and type out some of the numbers from it. We hit about 10 or so balls, dropped the top and bottom values, so these are averages:

Callaway X-20 6i, stock shafts: 68.2mph club speed, 119.1 yard carry, 142.1 yard length, 24.2 side dispersion.
Cobra S2 6i, stock shafts: 68.7mph club speed, 123.2 yard carry, 148.7 yard length, 35.2 side dispersion.
Titleist AP1 6i, Nippon Pro 950 shafts: 73.8 mph, 133.6 yard carry, 159.0 yard length, 19.0 side dispersion.

Is it possible I just hit a stride of great swings versus the other irons? I'm paranoid about dropping the money on new irons, but then again I'm worried I'll just fitted a million times with different results each times and never get into a good iron set for me.

Im guessing that you hit the Titleist last right? Becuase the swing speed is 5 mph faster than the others. Its not like the drivers where the shaft is that different to get that much more swing speed, although I do really like the Nippons. Go back to the store and try them in reverse order and see what happens.

OK. So I've been looking for a new driver, and I just found out that my local club is selling a Demo G15 driver for $200. I'm not too sure about the condition yet, but generally would that be a good price for that club after being a demo?

for a Ping that's prob not too bad, esp if it's only been hit a few times. especially since new G10's are selling for $200 now so a G15 at that price isn't too bad
OK. So I've been looking for a new driver, and I just found out that my local club is selling a Demo G15 driver for $200. I'm not too sure about the condition yet, but generally would that be a good price for that club after being a demo?

i agree with hanks. the likelyhood that a LH demo is in bad shape is pretty slim. most LH demo's at clubs have rarely been hit. imo, you may have a great deal for yourself. and it's a great driver. i hope it's in good shape and i hope you get it buddy.

now that wedges have been taken care of....looking forward to hitting some of the new hybrids that will be on the market come spring time. hybrids are officially on the Hanks Watch List now.....

i agree with hanks. the likelyhood that a LH demo is in bad shape is pretty slim. most LH demo's at clubs have rarely been hit. imo, you may have a great deal for yourself. and it's a great driver. i hope it's in good shape and i hope you get it buddy.

I dont know...bama or you put some seriously interesting marks on the FTiz out at the demo day.

now that wedges have been taken care of....looking forward to hitting some of the new hybrids that will be on the market come spring time. hybrids are officially on the Hanks Watch List now.....

Nice... is the Maxwell Smart super secret hybrid that we hit on demo day on that list?

lol, too bad that wasn't a JB double post for added effect.

BOOM!!!!
I dont know...bama or you put some seriously interesting marks on the FTiz out at the demo day.

get the hell out of here! i can garauntee that wasn't me. i'd always blame the welch'r for things of that nature.

hey hanks, wtf is a DP spinner? hahaha

I can neither confirm nor deny that I know of such a hybrid..........
Nice... is the Maxwell Smart super secret hybrid that we hit on demo day on that list?

Dipsh!t Post

doh hadn't even noticed that fat finger episode lol
get the hell out of here! i can garauntee that wasn't me. i'd always blame the welch'r for things of that nature.

hey hanks, wtf is a DP spinner? hahaha

Dipsh!t Post

doh hadn't even noticed that fat finger episode lol

i'll be here all week buddy! just lookin' out for ya.

still can't decided between the r9 460 and supertri

I am currently playing the R9 460 with Graffaloy platinum axis stiff shaft and I can tell you that I love it!!! The stock shaft was fine but I was getting to high a ball flight but the head was amazing. Doubt this helps but hey. Also just ordered my Burner 2.0 irons today 4-PW. They will be here on the 15th of October and I am counting down the days.

still can't decided between the r9 460 and supertri

i love my R9 ddec but that ST is dead set sexy. maybe go with what you can get the best deal on?

I am currently playing the R9 460 with Graffaloy platinum axis stiff shaft and I can tell you that I love it!!! The stock shaft was fine but I was getting to high a ball flight but the head was amazing. Doubt this helps but hey. Also just ordered my Burner 2.0 irons today 4-PW. They will be here on the 15th of October and I am counting down the days.

awesome stuff cool! what made you go with the 2.0's?

I have that shaft in my Diablo driver. I have a project x shaft that I will get tipped with an r9 sleeve. I may take the prolaunch out of the diablo and put an r9 sleeve on that too.

I have that shaft in my Diablo driver. I have a project x shaft that I will get tipped with an r9 sleeve. I may take the prolaunch out of the diablo and put an r9 sleeve on that too.

You hit that PX really well a couple of weeks ago i heard. Maybe R9 460 and save the difference for the next outing.

You hit that PX really well a couple of weeks ago i heard. Maybe R9 460 and save the difference for the next outing.

thinking that...I don't think I can go wrong. On the range I hit both driver heads well

thinking that...I don't think I can go wrong. On the range I hit both driver heads well

well, you mentioned setho's setup more than once, so perhaps the 460 is the way to go, and you will save a considerable amount bro.

well, you mentioned setho's setup more than once, so perhaps the 460 is the way to go, and you will save a considerable amount bro.

I did love his set up. Looking for something that will keep me happy for at least the next 2 golf seasons.

I did love his set up. Looking for something that will keep me happy for at least the next 2 golf seasons.

i would suggest starting off by not being a jb holmes fan, lol

i would suggest starting off by not being a jb holmes fan, lol

nah I'm good...its been 2 years, I can change after this year. Became a huge fan at the 08 ryder cup. He had a very good season this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back