Official Ryder Cup Thread [Spoilers]

lots of blue on the board as play stops :D

Butch Harmon Talks Out of His Ass on Sky News

http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/pga/news?slug=ro-westwood100210

I wonder what Phil thinks of these comments. And doesn't it seem like you should need to win more than two tournaments 12 years apart on the PGA Tour before you're crowned #1? Or maybe more than one tournament worldwide in the current season? Or Maybe more than three tournaments total worldwide in the last three years? Hell, correct me if I'm wrong (actually don't bother because because I used the Google), but hasn't Steve Stricker won five times in the last two years? And on the PGA Tour, where the best golf is played?

I guess I'm having trouble believing Lee "my teeth are similar to the big mentally challenged fellow Mel Gibson had to fight in Beyond Thunderdome in that scene where Tina Turner put him in that cage and hooked him to rubber straps" Westward is the best golfer in the world based on his record.

I suppose it's nice to have good Ryder Cup record. I like the Ryder Cup. It's a fun team event. Maybe Westward can claim the title World's #1 team golfer.

Kevin

More crappy rain.

so is it like rain from day 1 rain or is it a rain that can be played in? b/c if it's a rain like day 1 rain, i'm going back to bed.

also, i wish that Lee "my teeth are similar to the big mentally challenged fellow Mel Gibson had to fight in Beyond Thunderdome in that scene where Tina Turner put him in that cage and hooked him to rubber straps" Westward would wear a hat. in fact, i wish that graeme would as well. i find it odd that someone doesn't wear a hat when they golf.

Back to bed TC, no announcement for 90 mins and then highly unlikely to start for an hour after that.

Go and dream of tanned, pearly toothed, wholesome, becapped golfers and return with a flaggan of coffee and some waffles, even then it might be a while.

So we're waiting? I'm not even sure what day they're showing me on NBC.

Kevin

Play to resume at 13.30 our time (2.5 hours from now)

Time to start planning your sickies now

They are going to finish the 4balls and foursomes today and the singles are planned to start at 09.05 our time Monday morning.

I really hope they get out today as it is forcast ok weather for tommorow,another day in front of the TV then! It was day 1 rain BTW but clearing up a little now

The little rascals had the woman haters club, I think I am going to start the johnny miller haters club.

this guy really grinds my gears.

well, i hope this gets started soon. the US team has a lot of work to do. the euros played some phenomenal golf to end yesterday's session, and i'm sure they didn't want it to end. the more i think about it, the more that this truly comes down to putting, and stricker, cink and overton seem to be the only two americans that are consistent with the putter right now. although, i was quite impressed with the shortish putts that young fowler hole'd, especially in his first time out there.

i hate to say it but phil just isn't getting it done. i'm a huge fan but his record and current play just makes zero sense to me. it's frustrating and i don't understand it. i'm also interested in seeing how tiger/strick come out early today. donald and westwood really stuck it to them (well, tiger/strick just sucked really). it'll be a good indicator of what tiger has in the tank. well, now my monday's gonna have to be reworked to fit the singles in. damn rain.

The little rascals had the woman haters club, I think I am going to start the johnny miller haters club.

this guy really grinds my gears.

yeah, johnny miller is a complete tool. who decided to keep that clown on board anyway? i'd rather have faldo commentating to tell you the truth.

and stricker, cink and overton seem to be the only two americans that are consistent with the putter right now. although, i was quite impressed with the shortish putts that young fowler hole'd, especially in his first time out there..

uncle daddys counting lesson. 0, 1, 2...

Man oh man this could end up blowing up in their face. All play must be concluded by 6:43pm and any play not concluded is a halved match.

uncle daddys counting lesson. 0, 1, 2...

haha, yeah, i'm the idiot who's been up since 4.

i have to say that overton and cink have been the US' MVP's so far. i've been very impressed with stewie, and more often than not, he's gone it alone.

Man oh man this could end up blowing up in their face. All play must be concluded by 6:43pm and any play not concluded is a halved match.

yep, you could see some intentional slow play if some matches stay close huh?

On monday though, right?

haha, yeah, i'm the idiot who's been up since 4.

i have to say that overton and cink have been the US' MVP's so far. i've been very impressed with stewie, and more often than not, he's gone it alone.

Same here man. was hoping to watch some early and when it came on with puddles in the bunkers i switched to ps3 lol

yep, you could see some intentional slow play if some matches stay close huh?

You hit the nail on the head. Or just have Paddy out there in group 1, that will slow down the entire event.

Still loving this course choice at this time of year.

Is it me or does Dottie Pepper look cute today? maybe I'm not fully awake yet and need a another cup of coffee

You hit the nail on the head. Or just have Paddy out there in group 1, that will slow down the entire event.

Still loving this course choice at this time of year.

honestly, that wouldn't surprise me one bit, and i think that's precisely what we'll see. or maybe a ross fisher. watching that dude line up his ball before a putt is painful.

yeah, great choice. it's made for some splendid viewing pleasures over here. i'll be knocked out and napping by the time they resume. terrible choice.

you still hating on rickie fowler? haha

Is it me or does Dottie Pepper look cute today? maybe I'm not fully awake yet and need a another cup of coffee

only the cougar hunter would notice that, haha

you still hating on rickie fowler? haha

Im actually a big Rickie fan for the most part. Love his charisma and hope he opens up more. Thought he played terrible yesterday early. Hope he continues to find his stride, this team needs him.

Im actually a big Rickie fan for the most part. Love his charisma and hope he opens up more. Thought he played terrible yesterday early. Hope he continues to find his stride, this team needs him.

were we watching the same coverage? i know that furyk left him in some terrible positions, but to be down against that team, then come back like they did was impressive. he made a ton of clutch 5-10 foot putts as well. i was pretty impressed. he's been better than kuch, DJ, and phil, that's for sure.

i agree, it would be nice to see him just pick phil up today and carry him, that would be huge! i hope he does.

from pgatour.com

Ryder Cup Europe envisage that session three will be completed this afternoon and with that being the case the final session of singles matches will commence at 9.05am on Monday October 4.

The Captains will be required to hand in their singles line-ups one hour following the end of session three.

MONDAY 4TH OCTOBER

SESSION 4 – SINGLES MATCHES

THE SINGLES MATCHES ARE SCHEDULED TO START AT 09.05
WITH THE FINAL MATCH TEEING OFF AT 11.17
(MATCH INTERVALS WILL BE 12 MIN)

were we watching the same coverage? i know that furyk left him in some terrible positions, but to be down against that team, then come back like they did was impressive. he made a ton of clutch 5-10 foot putts as well. i was pretty impressed. he's been better than kuch, DJ, and phil, that's for sure.

i agree, it would be nice to see him just pick phil up today and carry him, that would be huge! i hope he does.

Yeah, as I said yesterday, Sean Foley and Butch are needed badly.

DJ, Phil, Tiger, and Mahan collectively just stunk up the joint in my opinion.

I know I just posted something on this and I guess it would not be such an issue if we were not catching hell right now but for crying out loud, two years of prep and all the hoopla and “well gee we got three days here guys lets hustle”. Seems kinda’ stupid doesn’t it.

jnug, I'm totally with you here. An event of this stature needs to finish and NOT be rushed. This is just silly. Of course, they never intended for this course to host this event in October. When they were awarded the event 8 years ago, there was no fedex cup and this thing would have been played in Sept. - longer days (at least a little) and less rain (historically)

Back