Lee Westwood to skip PGA Tour in 2011

Don't forget Justin Rose and Paul Casey....oops

And how could we forget Paddy. The staple and anchor.

I mean lets face it, it was hardly a PGA Tour vs Euro Tour.

And how could we forget Paddy. The staple and anchor.

I mean lets face it, it was hardly a PGA Tour vs Euro Tour.

They're still from here though....that's the point.

True though, we had to send a couple over to show you guys how it's done. We could even afford to put Paddy on the team at the expense of a couple of decent players, just for a laugh. :wink:

They're still from here though....that's the point.

True though, we had to send a couple over to show you guys how it's done. We could even afford to put Paddy on the team at the expense of a couple of decent players, just for a laugh. :wink:

That was not the question. The question was which tour is strong as you pointed out. Since your guys all come here to play, I think its obvious. Your Ryder Cup team is based on PGA Tour Play. If it was PGA Tour vs Euro Tour it would be a group of guys on one side and a pair of moobs and a single tooth on the other.

That was not the question. The question was which tour is strong as you pointed out. Since your guys all come here to play, I think its obvious. Your Ryder Cup team is based on PGA Tour Play. If it was PGA Tour vs Euro Tour it would be a group of guys on one side and a pair of moobs and a single tooth on the other.

:D We'd still take you!

I'd pretty much go play the place where they're giving out free money too.

Really what has he done here that would make anyone miss him ...he has 2 wins on this side of the pond ! big whoppie..and a coule of Runner ups ..Good for him if he want to stay over there ..He'll be back when he needs some Cash though..

:D We'd still take you!

I'd pretty much go play the place where they're giving out free money too.

Even you know better. Heck without the PGA TOur players, they might need you to suit up. The RC was close as it is. WIth 5 or so of those players playing on the other side, it would be a drubbing like only Westtooth himself sees on Sunday.

The PGA tour is the tour where the best play. The Euro tour is great entertainment. Why is it that Westwood has not won a major against the best? Look at Monty's pathetic play in the PGA and non-existent major record. The best test of golf is 4 days of stroke play against the best players. The best players want a stroke play match on the toughest course against the best players. It was a fun match to watch and the U.S. lost that is a fact, but anyone one actually thinks this is a measure of tours or who the best players are is is extremely naive.

Even you know better. Heck without the PGA TOur players, they might need you to suit up. The RC was close as it is. WIth 5 or so of those players playing on the other side, it would be a drubbing like only Westtooth himself sees on Sunday.

I'd be as good as Paddy, I reckon. You know I'm messing, but it is a good bit of news for the Euro tour as a whole.

The PGA tour is the tour where the best play. The Euro tour is great entertainment. Why is it that Westwood has not won a major against the best? Look at Monty's pathetic play in the PGA and non-existent major record. The best test of golf is 4 days of stroke play against the best players. The best players want a stroke play match on the toughest course against the best players. It was a fun match to watch and the U.S. lost that is a fact, but anyone one actually thinks this is a measure of tours or who the best players are is is extremely naive.

I'm messing for the most part, I don't compare the tours for quality. BUT, I would say to comment on the major performances of Euro players within the US, you need to look at a lot of factors. They travel rather far for one week's play, mostly in very different conditions than they're used to, way outside their comfort zone. Think you'll see evidence of that coming up as the Euro guys on the PGA start challenging for the majors over there more often.

I'd be as good as Paddy, I reckon. You know I'm messing, but it is a good bit of news for the Euro tour as a whole.

I'm messing for the most part, I don't compare the tours for quality. BUT, I would say to comment on the major performances of Euro players within the US, you need to look at a lot of factors. They travel rather far for one week's play, mostly in very different conditions than they're used to, way outside their comfort zone. Think you'll see evidence of that coming up as the Euro guys on the PGA start challenging for the majors over there more often.

I know you are. THere is no comparison and you being a realist gets that.

Im not sure I buy the whole argument about the travel. Cink one the British. Kaymer won the PGA. G-Mac the US Open (oh wait, he plays PGA Tour). Heck with the exception of Paddy and Paul Lawrie, I dont think a European Golfer has won the Open Championship since the early/mid 90s.

Nobody doubts that the Euro tour has talent. Of course they do. Tons of it. But in reality there is JUST NO COMPARISON in talent levels. The best come to play the best because they want to beat the best in most cases. Some choose to never do that, but it is a small amount. But if you look at the top tier guys that stayed behind on the Euro tour and take a look at their Major record, I think you will something telling.

Back