Votes: 81 34.8%
  • Interlock

Votes: 118 50.6%
  • Cross hand

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Baseball

Votes: 34 14.6%

• Total voters
I used to be an interlocker, but one summer on a consulting gig for a week where I had no enterainment but a driving range and forgot my gloves, I blistered my pinkie pretty bad. Switched to overlap and never looked back. Overlap helps me with my grip pressure and keeps my right hand from getting too active, and is much more comfortable to me than interlock.

I too am surprised at all the baseball grips.

I used interlock up until this year and I swapped to an overlap in the hope that it would straighten me out a bit.

Overlap for me.Have always used this one.Interlock causes my hands to get to active

Overlap here. Tried the interlock and it just didn't seem to fit with the size of my hands. Of course that could be just because I started with the overlap. ?!??!

Overlap for me. never comfortable and don't feel right with interlock...

overlap for me. was interlock for a number of years when i took up golf, changed to overlap and it really helped control my overactive right hand.

I use the overlap. I have tried the interlock recently, not sure why. I found it uncomfortable. Back to the overlap.

I am ashamed to say this... but baseball. Some say it leads to a hook, which I sometimes have. I have tried the others and just can't get used to them.

All of last year (2009) I played baseball. Last winter I went to interlock and have never looked back. It feels the most comfortable to me now.

Started with an interlock, but switched to an overlap during lessons last winter. Took a bit to get used to, but I am very comfortable with it now. My pro recommended it.

I use the interlock, but I have been experimenting with the overlap.

I used to use the interlock, then a few years ago I switched to the overlap to get more hands in the swing.
Now I'm an overlap guy, unless my grips get real wet, then I go back to the interlock.
I don't like to do that, but feels like I can hold on to the wet grip a little better.

Dont be ashamed. An 8 handicap is nothing to be ashamed of.
I am ashamed to say this... but baseball. Some say it leads to a hook, which I sometimes have. I have tried the others and just can't get used to them.

I feel completely disconnected with a ten finger grip. and there is always a 'bottom out' point where my wrists need to turn over, and it feels very violent with a ten finger grip.

Overlap.

I tried the interlock for a few rounds earlier this year but it definitely wasn't helping. My hands are relatively small and I feel like the overlap makes it easier for me to make adjustments in my grip that change my ball flight.

Dont be ashamed. An 8 handicap is nothing to be ashamed of.

I feel completely disconnected with a ten finger grip. and there is always a 'bottom out' point where my wrists need to turn over, and it feels very violent with a ten finger grip.

Thanks Thain... just started that way and have been playing for YEARS and everything else feels strange. Must be my baseball/hockey upbringing that made me use the 10 finger grip

Interlocking here.

It's the grip my Dad taught me when I was a kid and anything else just feels wrong to me...

Thanks Thain... just started that way and have been playing for YEARS and everything else feels strange. Must be my baseball/hockey upbringing that made me use the 10 finger grip

Rbelin --Is the baseball grip the secret to those 340 yard bombs you were hitting at PGA National? :D

ol gray

Interlock. Its what Ive used for the past 10 years and to me it just seems the most solid grip. Ive experimented with the overlap and the 10 finger and neither felt as solid as the interlock for me.

When I played right handed, baseball. Now that I play left handed I use overlapping. Whenever I swing right handed now, though, I use interlock it feels better right handed than left handed to me.

Interlock for me

Started with interlocking as a kid. Switched to overlap when I read the Hogan book. Never looked back. Interlocking feels really strange now.

Here's a tip for all those trying the change their grip: Just grip and re-grip a club while you're watching TV. Hold it for a few seconds and take your grip again. Guaranteed to make you feel comfortable with a change the next time you address a ball.

When I was little I used the baseball grip because my hands were small and it didn't seem stable to interlock. Now that I am grown up I interlock, and couldn't swing with the baseball grip even if I wanted to - it feels way to wristy now.

Interlock always and forever.

By the way, what is being called the baseball grip here really isn't. If you tried to swing a golf club the same way you grip a baseball bat...... let's just say it would be ugly - you might even hurt yourself. The only similarity is that all ten fingers are on the grip. Never could figure out how anyone could swing a golf club that way... but then I feel almost the same way about the Vardon grip.

Interlock as I have small hands...LOL...I also use a smaller grip(Ping Acqua) as I found that I am able to get a better feel as I don't feel like I am squeezing the club to hold on...from what I have read interlock works well for those with small hands

Back