2011 THP Outing Questions/Suggestions

Here's a simple thought....any THP Outing that is held is not mandatory to attend. It's completely up to the individual to attend and no one else. Now that people know how a resort works with certain charges, etc there should be no surprises going forward. I think it's a shame that even now there continues to be grumbling about charges, different options. It was a great time and what we got was a steal compared to other options that couldve been selected. And if the THP Outing still doesn't work for you, lord knows there are plenty of mini outings to attend, albeit non-official THP.

Go Phils

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hanks makes some great points. if you think that you can enjoy a tour stop golf course and resort for cheaper, then please, tell us where, b/c it's just not the case. i can't believe that some of these sentiments are still going on. it's absurd to me. i think i have spoken with 4 other resorts and not a one of them can touch what PGA National has done for us. we're still fine tuning some things but PGA National really, really brought it.

let me ask this question: did you guys and gals enjoy having our own private range? or do you think it would be better if we had only 15 hitting bays reserved? see, not every place works like PGA National did, and i think it would blow your mind to know what it costs to have our own range. the level of appreciation from some is sickening, and extremely disappointing. all that was asked was that you left HONEST feedback concerning equipment, and to not leave any feedback is just not cool.

I keep forgetting Im only 20 lol

At PGA National, you did not have to be 21 to be in iBar. It is a social setting put right in the middle of the resort. This way if someone were to be under 21, they could still be social without the alcohol. There were quite a few that did not have any drinks. It always works fine, its just about being social.

And of course, never worry, DDec drank enough for multiple people.

private range is so key, imo. room to spread out, no waiting, small groups can form without bothering others (i.e when the launch monitor gets tagged as seems to be the tradition now), and the equipment can be spread out a bit too
hanks makes some great points. if you think that you can enjoy a tour stop golf course and resort for cheaper, then please, tell us where, b/c it's just not the case. i can't believe that some of these sentiments are still going on. it's absurd to me. i think i have spoken with 4 other resorts and not a one of them can touch what PGA National has done for us. we're still fine tuning some things but PGA National really, really brought it.

let me ask this question: did you guys and gals enjoy having our own private range? or do you think it would be better if we had only 15 hitting bays reserved? see, not every place works like PGA National did, and i think it would blow your mind to know what it costs to have our own range. the level of appreciation from some is sickening, and extremely disappointing. all that was asked was that you left HONEST feedback concerning equipment, and to not leave any feedback is just not cool.

The private range was SO MUCH BETTER than the shared range we had at the Spring Outing. I don't remember seeing anyone have to wait who wanted to be hitting something, and we also didn't have to deal with non-THPers. I would also guess that the private range was one of the reasons we could get as much pre-release gear given that mechanism to keep prying public eyes off the gear.

Since it was an understood part of demo day, maybe some PMs are needed (if they haven't been done already) to remind those folks you are gearing the demo note reminders toward. I believe I have posted in the threads for everything I hit (which granted was not a fraction of the total gear due to my love/lust of the Burner 2.0s).

If you would like to do that, be my guest. While at a beautiful golf resort with my wife and a bunch of my friends, I can think of a few other things I would rather be doing.
like riding in an elevator at 3AM? That was fun, till I realized where I was

Here's a simple thought....any THP Outing that is held is not mandatory to attend. It's completely up to the individual to attend and no one else. Now that people know how a resort works with certain charges, etc there should be no surprises going forward. I think it's a shame that even now there continues to be grumbling about charges, different options. It was a great time and what we got was a steal compared to other options that couldve been selected. And if the THP Outing still doesn't work for you, lord knows there are plenty of mini outings to attend, albeit non-official THP.

Go Yanks!!!
FIFY! And yes, we got a great price and that place was amazing. I wish I could have stayed longer. Plus when its announced, if you can, start putting money away. I thought it was great that we needed deposits, that helped me with costs anyway.

At PGA National, you did not have to be 21 to be in iBar. It is a social setting put right in the middle of the resort. This way if someone were to be under 21, they could still be social without the alcohol. There were quite a few that did not have any drinks. It always works fine, its just about being social.

And of course, never worry, DDec drank enough for multiple people.
This is true, though majority of my damage was done in room 2083. That Uncle Daddy makes one strong John Daly(sweet tea vodka in Lemonade). Hanging out with the divot mat that night was hilarious. The first night at the bar I drank mostly water, had some beers and drinks early on when we all met up but as the night went on I switched over to water. I knew I had a long day ahead of me Saturday.

The private range was SO MUCH BETTER than the shared range we had at the Spring Outing. I don't remember seeing anyone have to wait who wanted to be hitting something, and we also didn't have to deal with non-THPers. I would also guess that the private range was one of the reasons we could get as much pre-release gear given that mechanism to keep prying public eyes off the gear.

The private range was awesome and was needed. We had so many people there we took up the entire range! It was great atmosphere to walk up and down and talk to everyone about what they were hitting and how they like it and so on.

The private range was awesome and was needed. We had so many people there we took up the entire range! It was great atmosphere to walk up and down and talk to everyone about what they were hitting and how they like it and so on.

We definitely want to have the private range again. Issue of course is cost. Some places want as much as $5000 for private range and unlimited range balls. Others only have one range and can only give us half for $2500. And others still want to massage some numbers to get it in tune with reality.

We are working hard to get it done and hopefully will be able to again.

Are people really missing the part where dollars need to be sacrificed for good times?

If youre looking for the cheapest possible round of golf with THP friends, find your local muni and buy the tapatalk App. green fee + 3$.

I think even 1/2 a range is better than none, imo
We definitely want to have the private range again. Issue of course is cost. Some places want as much as $5000 for private range and unlimited range balls. Others only have one range and can only give us half for $2500. And others still want to massage some numbers to get it in tune with reality.

We are working hard to get it done and hopefully will be able to again.

I think even 1/2 a range is better than none, imo

agreed. After an hour or so we probably could have gone down to 1/2 range.

here are my thoughts on the gratuity at the outting and then I will leave it alone. We had FREE breakfast every morning, that included and 18% gratuity. For some reason I never heard a complaint about that. We also had free dinner for 1 night, and being in that indusrty I can give you an idea of how much it prob cost. let me give you a breakdown of my thoughts.....

Tastes of Italy
Minestrone Soup-$3
Classic Chopped Salad with Iceberg, Dried Salami, Provolone, Roma Tomato-$3
Scallion Herb Dressing
Tuscan Grilled Vegetables with Virgin Olive Oil-$4

Bruschetta Bar with Grilled Cibatta Crisps and Focaccia -$4
Classic Tomato, Onion and Basil-$2.75
Fresh Buffalo Ricotta, Roasted Red and Yellow Peppers, Eggplant and Onion-$4.50
Calamata and Black Olive Tapanade-$3.25

Panko Crusted Chicken Parmesan-$6
Orichetta with Classic Meat Sauce-$5.25
Red Snapper Provencal-$6.75
Market Fresh Vegetables-$4

Assortment of Biscotti and Butter Cookies-$7.00
Canoli, Tiramisu, Casatta Cake $7.00

TOTAL: $60.50 ( these numbers are all a guess, but I can guarantee that I am pretty close, I had 10 years of practice)

Those prices are per person so the total would be $60.50 per person. Add and 18% gratuity, which I hate to say but if not added they prob would have got 20% from JB and GG. and you are looking at $71.39 PER PERSON!!!!!!!! Multiply this times 45(not sure the exact number) and BOOOOM!!!!!! Add in renting the room, I rent meeting rooms at the marriot 6 times a month and I will say the minimum I pay for a meeting room is $2500. I can only imagine how much this one cost. and I never once heard JB or GG complain about fitting this bill! So, for me, to hear even a PEEP of a complaint about 18% gratuity is RIDICULOUS!!!

if you bought a liquor drink at the bar is was $10 and that got you 2 drinks. so I paid $1.80 for a tip on that...well, I gained there cause I always tip a minimum of $1 a drink at ANY bar I go to. I leave my pocket change at home, servers dont care for that ****! I dont think everyone realizes just how much JB and GG forked out for this, so to complain about a measly $2 here and there....I am just speechless. Calculate how much you paid in gratuity all weekend, then calculate all of the freebies (free breakfast, free dinner, buy 1 get 1 at the ibar, and free range balls til your arms fall off), I can guarantee you that you came out ahead.

in closing, I have just one question and I want it answered by all who attended. I am not calling anyone out, I just wanna know for myself and maybe to even raise awareness. HOW MANY PEOPLE TIPPED THE CART GUYS????. I for one did

Reactions: JB
Love,

Jeff Overton

I thought the breakfast was great! I tipped the cart guys both days, it was convenient to have them there, wipe down your clubs, store them, place them on your cart for the next day.

of course i tipped the cart guys, i always do.

i tipped them for Jenn too. I never know how much you tip cart guys

HOW MANY PEOPLE TIPPED THE CART GUYS????. I for one did

*raises hand*

- and the bellman
- and the housekeepers
- and the lady who was our waitress at the buffett each day
- and the guy who drove the shuttle to take me to the airport
- and the bartenders at the ibar

i tipped them for Jenn too. I never know how much you tip cart guys

i usually always tip $5. don't know if that's appropriate or not to tell you the truth.

Well damn, I hope my long a$$ post got a little more across than tipping a cart guy! Maybe I should have waited on that. The other point was....REALLY....Look at what JB and GG forked out for dinner for people to complain about a couple bucks. And they havent said a word, I dont know for a fact what they put out, but again, I can bet I am not far off

Well damn, I hope my long a$$ post got a little more across than tipping a cart guy! Maybe I should have waited on that. The other point was....REALLY....Look at what JB and GG forked out for dinner for people to complain about a couple bucks. And they havent said a word, I dont know for a fact what they put out, but again, I can bet I am not far off

and private range... not to mention the hours of hard work they put in to plan this thing

i agree with everything you've said little bro, and it's a bit disappointing that there are still some that want to complain. it's quite exhausting to tell you the truth.

Hey Overton, you asked us to answer that part see:

in closing, I have just one question and I want it answered by all who attended. I am not calling anyone out, I just wanna know for myself and maybe to even raise awareness. HOW MANY PEOPLE TIPPED THE CART GUYS????. I for one did

I tip the cart folks like I tip the bar folks. I also extra tipped on top of what was included in meal bills that we got. Service was taken into consideration though.

I joked about tipping myself for the alergy/stomach meds I served myself at the giftshop. I wouldn't call it complaining at all. It's just funny.

I'm not saying anyones comments where directed at me but I just wanted to chime in. I'd really hate for anyone to feel that they don't wanna go to the next event because they don't agree on tipping practices.

Regardless of where the next one is at I'll know what to expect. I also can't wait!

Back