Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
After putting well all day, had a 30ft downhill, sidehill putt and nailed it to win the hole. Sweet!

I finally have something to contribute!!

I had RxGus out to my course for a round yesterday, and we started on #10 because the front 9 was busy. Unfortunately I was pretty excited about meeting him so I put a bit of extra juice into my drive and cooked it into the driving range. I took the penalty and pumped one out into the middle, to about 115.

Here was the result of my next shot.

number10pinhit.jpg

It dinged the pin and jumped out (unfortuantely). It would have gone down as the greatest par of my career, but I settled for bogey. It was such a fun feeling. It's probably the first time in 5 years I've hit the pin from outside 50 yards.

Awesome shot man. You had some serious spin on that ball. Or did it hit the other way? hehe. Either way, nice shot. Hitting the pin is always awesome. I hit the pin like 2 weeks ago from 150 yds out and I guess I screamed like a little girl because my playing partner was like WTF. He wasn't paying attention, he was looking for his ball in the weeds. We got up to the green and my ball was like 2 feet from the hole.

I finally have something to contribute!!

I had RxGus out to my course for a round yesterday, and we started on #10 because the front 9 was busy. Unfortunately I was pretty excited about meeting him so I put a bit of extra juice into my drive and cooked it into the driving range. I took the penalty and pumped one out into the middle, to about 115.

Here was the result of my next shot.

number10pinhit.jpg

It dinged the pin and jumped out (unfortuantely). It would have gone down as the greatest par of my career, but I settled for bogey. It was such a fun feeling. It's probably the first time in 5 years I've hit the pin from outside 50 yards.

When I was in the hotel yesterday I kept glancing at this thread to see if you would update it with this shot!

The thing that impressed me is that you blew out the sod-wall of the cup. It wasn't enough to have to fix your pitch mark, you actually had to repair the cut of the hole!

Nice shot and great playing with you!

When I was in the hotel yesterday I kept glancing at this thread to see if you would update it with this shot!

The thing that impressed me is that you blew out the sod-wall of the cup. It wasn't enough to have to fix your pitch mark, you actually had to repair the cut of the hole!

Nice shot and great playing with you!

haha same to you man. Thanks for tolerating me acting like a kid on Christmas when it happened hahaha!

Awesome shot man. You had some serious spin on that ball. Or did it hit the other way? hehe. Either way, nice shot. Hitting the pin is always awesome. I hit the pin like 2 weeks ago from 150 yds out and I guess I screamed like a little girl because my playing partner was like WTF. He wasn't paying attention, he was looking for his ball in the weeds. We got up to the green and my ball was like 2 feet from the hole.

That's pretty much a straigh north shot of the angle I hit at. the ball must have jumped straight up out of the divot and struck the pin. It happened pretty quick hahaha

No worries man- I didn't play well enough for you to see any of my celebrations... they are pretty ridiculous!

Using my 56 Niblick for the first round today and I chipped one in from about 15 yds off the green.

Yesterday it was a 4h from the rough, 200 yards out. Line-drive cut that bounced up onto the green.

18th hole, 180 out. Hit a 6i to 8ft and made the putt for birdie.

I played yesterday at a little golf course just outside of downtown Dallas, Twin Wells. It is a very basic golf course not much water or sand and not very long. I did manage to drive the green on 15 which is a 307 par 4 from the back tees.

My best shot today was my putt on #5 at The Majors. I'd hit a great tee shot (145 yard par 3) that landed right by the pin but didn't check up at all. Drained a 25 foot putt for my first birdie ever at the course!

Best shot yesterday was off the tee on a par 3 that was playing 160 to the pin. Hit a pretty 7iron fade that dropped about 15 feet short of the flag. Three putted lol.

DonW hit the most entertaining shot of the day. He was on the tree-line taking his approach to the green. Hit the old boomerang shot lol. It whacked a tree and went straight back into a fairway bunker. coulndt do that again if he tried.

Per usual, I'll share my shot via photo!!

Hole 5, par 3, 210 yards. Image looking back at the tee.

oct10teeshot.jpg

I am man enough to admit that I pushed the putt right haha.. Oh well..

Well, yesterday, I par'd a par 3 hole, 137 yards :clapp: Should have gotten a birdie, grrrr...BUT my best shot was my 188 yard drive :good:

Severe side hill lie in the rough, ball about 1 foot above my feet, 115 yards to the pin, I club down to a PW and aim right to compensate for the fly off the slope. Ball comes out high and slightly to the left of the pin, cutting as it comes down. Lands 3 feet infront of the pin and checks up about 18 inches away for a gimme birdie (I did putt it out).

Best shot yesterday was my 3rd shot on #11 at The Links at Moses Pointe.
#11 - 561 yd par 5 ...good drive into a stiff breeze 270 yd.... tried to kill a 3 wood...mistake...bladed to 200 yds out.
Now the shot of the day....4 hybrid still into that stiff breeze...to 3 ft. Cha-Ching !

Best shot yesterday: First 18 holes - Missed fairway on a 408 yard par 4. Im sitting about 120 out from the hole. I hit a 50* cg-15 - and its dead on the stick - i said **** be the right club (120 is in between yardage for me -- PW i hit 140 - my next closest wedge is 115 @ the 50* cleveland) So i had to hit it firm.. Usually ill hit a soft PW choked down - but that doesnt ever work well-- i hit it flush and sail it 135 over... so i swing pretty hard for my swing and its dead on the stick --- bounces and just plugs. I was like wow that looks really close... I walk up and the plug mark is on the back of the cup.. the rough didnt give me any backspin or it would have holed... It was a foot from hole for tap-in birdie. Which ill take any day of the week.

played 9 this morning... for 42, 80, and 65 yds out on 3 different holes I used my newly acquired Niblick 42*... Holed out from 42 and 80 and hit the stick from 65...

Not too many to speak of today but almost holed a super difficult 15yrd chip out of thick rough on a 610yrd par 5. Love 3" tap-ins after any chip.

I have so many I can't pick a best

Chipped in for eagle from 19 yards yesterday on a par 5. Second chip in ever, and first EAGLE of my life!! One of those shots for me that makes me drop my club, and walk around in circles smiling.

Playing yesterday at Graysburg. Deep green side bunker shot with my new wedge. Just text book, rolled out to 4 feet. Then......
Spoiler
MISSED THE PUTT!! ARGH!

Bunkers are another part of my game that needs improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back