Bubba Watson loses his father to cancer

solidkjames

Loves drowning golf balls
Reaction score
Handicap
9.8CGA
Just thought I would say a prayer for Bubba on the loss of his father. I just lost my uncle to cancer back in August and I was really close with him. It was touching to see Bubba get emotional this season talking about his father and I hope he finds peace.

http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/news/story?id=5687909

I lost my father nine years ago Father's Day after he put put up a mighty 1 year tussle with cancer. To be honest, I doubt I'll ever truly be "over it", but I think I've found some peace. When you lose a loved one to cancer, you find yourself constantly thinking what might have been, or saying it would be nice if he/she could see this.

My condolences to the Watson family.

Kevin

Oh my; Bubba and his family are in my thoughts and prayers. This just makes me root for this guy more! Go Bubba! My family has some trouble with cancer so I know how bad it really is.

I lost my father nine years ago Father's Day after he put put up a mighty 1 year tussle with cancer. To be honest, I doubt I'll ever truly be "over it", but I think I've found some peace. When you lose a loved one to cancer, you find yourself constantly thinking what might have been, or saying it would be nice if he/she could see this.

My condolences to the Watson family.

Kevin

I feel the same way as I too have lost a few family members to cancer. I would also like to offer my condolences to the Watson family.

I assume this is the reason he uses a pink shaft in his driver? Thoughts are with you Bubba....

I had prostate cancer two years ago. When you mention the "C" word it runs chills down the back of your neck. I also had two Basal Cell Carcinoma's (skin cancer) removed. Years of playing sports outside. My prayers are with Bubba and his family. I pray one day they find a cure for this dreadful disease.

I really hate to hear this news. I'm glad his pop got to see him win his first PGA tourney and play in his first Ryder cup. I'm sure that means alot to Bubba.

I lost my father 13 months ago. It sucks and will always suck.
The Watson family will be in my prayers tonight.

Sad news, hopefully he's in a better place.

Sad news for sure. Bubba is my favorite golfer on the PGA. I am glad that his father was able to see him win this year and play in the Ryder Cup.
I don't think this is why he uses the pink shaft since he has used it for a long time. I think he just uses it because they are awesome.

My condolenses go out to the Watson Family. I'm extremely glad that his father was able to see a great year from his son, but am sure he was extremely pround already.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

Terrible news, so sad to hear.

You never get over losing a family member, but hopefully with time he'll remember the joy of having him in his life, instead of the pain of losing him.

I hate to hear this, I have grown a lot of respect for BW. I will def say a prayer for him and his fam

Back