What ball did you play your last round and what did you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I played with a random ball found last round. Nike PD Soft I think... It had green writing..

For whatever reason, I couldn't seem to lose it haha! Even got a bit of spin around the green with it.

Yah these are very good balls for being cheap. Like 12$ a dozen. Don't buy the PD Long or High though. Those are awful.

Yah these are very good balls for being cheap. Like 12$ a dozen. Don't buy the PD Long or High though. Those are awful.

I've used the PD Long (red writing) a handful of times, and to be honest, it's the only Nike I've ever enjoyed playing with... That being said, I haven't bought a sleeve of Nikes for well over a year.

I do find it a bit comical that the greens are for swing speeds of under 94mph and I had my way with it today. I did feel like I was over compressing on the drives, but everywhere else they were just fine.

I used Bridgestone e6 yesterday. It had been a long while since I used it and it just doesn't perform nearly as well as the Srixon Trispeed for me.

In other news, I was also playing around with a Pro-V1x and for the first time ever I got the ball to back up on the green from a wedge chip!

been using TM TP Blacks and still like them. only two balls I find playing lately are TM TP Blacks and Srixon Z Star Tour Yellow. those two balls will be in the bag for a while along with the colored E6 I plan on purchasing next month.

been using TM TP Blacks and still like them. only two balls I find playing lately are TM TP Blacks and Srixon Z Star Tour Yellow. those two balls will be in the bag for a while along with the colored E6 I plan on purchasing next month.
I have played the best rounds of my life with the Reds and Blacks. ZStars are great when the wind is down but when it is windy they will spin up some on me.

yesterday i played the last of my taylormades and finished the round with an nxt tour

On Saturday, I tried out the Bridgestone RXS for a few holes. It ended up performing pretty well for me and I'm looking forward to using it again. With the new driver, I was able to keep the spin off the tee under control better than I expected.

On Saturday, I tried out the Bridgestone RXS for a few holes. It ended up performing pretty well for me and I'm looking forward to using it again. With the new driver, I was able to keep the spin off the tee under control better than I expected.

Thats a great ball Hawk, glad its working for you. I really like these, especially around the greens.

It was probably a coincidence, but my two best holes were played using the RXS. I had GIR's on both, but three-putted one of them.

I tried out the e6 last time out, it did not go well. I like the feel off the scoring clubs, not so much off the hybrid/driver. It just felt to me that the e6 ball came off the face a little flat feeling, where as the Vapor I know instantly when I hit one solid. I did a little comparison by playing on hole with the vapor speed then switching to the e6. Side note, I did notice that I scored better on par 3's with the e6 than I normally do, even managed to par a hole that is my normal blow up hole.

Going out tomorrow to try it again, hopefully my swing will be in better shape so I can take that out of the equation. e6 in the AM round Vapor Speed in the PM round.

I've been playing the Srixon z-star all season and I've like the way it performs -- I've been hitting and stopping within feet to a few yards with every iron and wedge in the bag. Great greenside spin and okay length off the driver (I'm not a big hitter, 90SS). I recently played on a colder (58 degrees, windy and wet day) the Srixon trispeed tour and it was very solid as well. Better distance and more than adequate spin under the conditions. I played the two side by side for a few holes and I'd give the Trispeed Tour the edge under the conditions. Nice inclement weather ball. I'd definitely put these in play on a more regular basis. They were a bit more clicky off the putter but it only took a few practice putts to account for the hotter action -- better on wet, slow greens anyway.

I really liked the TriSpeed tour too. I got a free sample from a Cleveland rep at a demo day. With the wet weather, I think a ball with less spin is ideal for some (me included!).

Still using up a few dozen NIKE ONE Platinum.

Bridgestone E6. Love em! Distance, spin, putting, the ball is just fun to play with.

Gray! Sweet.

One T... They are awesome. Lol. I'm really glad they worked out for you man. Im still loving mine. They as well as the BStones are my balls.
Bridgestone E6. Love em! Distance, spin, putting, the ball is just fun to play with.

As crazy as it sounds I am still hitting the Wilson Zips. I actually really like these balls. If you are new to the game or lose a lot of balls, thye are a must hit at only 10 bucks a dozen. http://www.wilson.com/wilson/staff/product.jsp?CONTENT<>cnt_id=10134198673992849

I played the Bridgestone e6... pretty happy about it. Not the greatest feel off the driver but I noticed a reduce in my slice from Pinnacles and I love it around and on the green.

Pinnacles = rocks ..........IMO

a titleist nxt extreme a pinnacle ld and a sumitomo go long...whichever I pulled out of my pocket on the tee

After almost losing my ball three times in the leaves over three holes, I decided to play the Z-Star in Tour Yellow. Stupid fall golf. I liked the ball and was able to keep a good eye on it. I wish the yellow e6 was out right now.

nike mojo... didnt like it at all

I used a B330 S(testing) and compared distances with a Z Star X. Didn't write that in the review just cause it was a review for the B330 S.

Loved the B330 S.

Z Star X not so much. Too much ball for me. Which is odd because I would think these two would be along the same type of SS. I could be wrong. Loved how easy it was to find though!

Last round I used the Bridgestone B330-RXS. It was pretty solid all around, felt great off the tee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back