Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chipped in for eagle from 19 yards yesterday on a par 5. Second chip in ever, and first EAGLE of my life!! One of those shots for me that makes me drop my club, and walk around in circles smiling.

Completely awesome man!! Congrats! I'd probably pee myself a little bit. hahhaa

i hit a humongous teeshot that went over the trees cutting the corner on a dogleg left leaving me with a wedge to the green... which i promptly duffed 3x

I took my son out today, and had what felt like a pretty tough round. Still shot a 93 somehow (figured I was gonna come in around 97 or so). Just exhausted, and my whole body is tight! I wasn't hitting anything today nearly as well as I did yesterday. Anyway, onto the best shot of the day. I absolutely BOMBED my driver off the tee but pulled it left into the rough, and behind two separate patches of trees. No line of sight to the green, and only the slightest window to try and shoot up and over the trees.

I hit my 52* GW just a little thick, but exactly where I wanted it to go as far as direction. I came up short of the green, but the only alternative "clear" shot would have been to go backwards about 75 yards to where I could have a clear shot at the green. In the end, I managed to salvage a bogey... But I still call it a very successful shot.

At my 15th hole of the day after a shotgun start, I was tooling along at 6 over par having a near miss kind of day. Standing on the par 5 tee, I ripped one on a perfect line to cut the corner on the par 5 and still reach the fairway. The perfect drive left 203 yards to the flag, but the last 80 of that goes sharply uphill, possibly a 50-60 foot rise in elevation, so it plays much longer. I waffled a bit but finally selected my 3 Hybrid, generally a 215 club. I set up and swung, and caught it flush - I looked up to see it flying just right of the pin with a baby draw, and the only question was whether it would clear the slope and carry on. It cleared! One of my group that had a bit of angle to watch the shot said he thought there was a chance it was in. I knew it was a good one, and when we finally got up the hill and could see the green, there it was 4 feet straight below the hole. I read the putt to be straight, as the pin was atop the green's center ridge and so was I. I struck the putt well and dead center - as it neared the hole it veered slightly right, but caught well in the right side of the cup and spun down - good thing I was firm with it, or it may have broken out. I wish I could say the eagle turned my day around, but I pretty much uglied my way thru the last 3 holes, saving par on two of them but failing to get up and in from a bunker on the last - +5 - 77.

Hole #18 at Green Tree GC, you'd think you'd be tired by the end of the round, NOPE!! I had another long drive, this one beat my previous (188 yards). 215 yards is THE longest drive yet for me, and it was today :clapp: I :love: my TaylorMade Superfast Burner!!!! :joy:

well you beat my longest drive by about 100 yds

We were playing in a scramble and playing from the white tees. #16 is 455 yd Par 5 sharp dogleg left... it's pretty much a 90 degree angle. Bombed a drive over the left corner and had 125 in. I've never been that close for approach shot in. Hit pitching wedge to 6 foot. Then proceeded to miss eagle putt but friend was there to make it!! :dohanim:

http://willowlakegolfclub.com/hole_16.html

We were playing in a scramble and playing from the white tees. #16 is 455 yd Par 5 sharp dogleg left... it's pretty much a 90 degree angle. Bombed a drive over the left corner and had 125 in. I've never been that close for approach shot in. Hit pitching wedge to 6 foot. Then proceeded to miss eagle putt but friend was there to make it!! :dohanim:

http://willowlakegolfclub.com/hole_16.html

GREAT JOB! That hole is pretty easy..... I normally play it as a 3 shot par 5...... as I do with all par 5's lol you don't wonna be long left on that green

Long left isn't bad.... being right of green is the problem because you'll be in the water!

Eagled every par 5 out there. #3 is very hard to eagle... only done that once. Eagled your favorite hole #5 too! :tongue:

Opening drive at the old course. I was so nervous. Long and straight. Made par :). Ended up shooting 80

Good job, best shot I ever had was putting the ball 3 inches from the cup off the tee box

I sliced my drive, the other day, and it landed dead center on #17 green. Almost made a hole in one! (I thought it turned out pretty nice)

52° gw over a pond guarding the front left of the green
made a ball mark 6" from the hole and the thing spun almost off the green
i never spin the ball
it looked really pretty

Well Done, My best shot has been knocking my 8 iron in the hole from 150 yards, it was on a 450 yard par 4. I drove into the trees hit a punched four iron under some branches up the fairway and then holed out! I wish i could have seen it gone in but it was slightly uphill so it was a blind shot. My two friends were on the green and they shouted down to me to tell me it was in !

Bombed a 250 yard drive today...... (normally around 200)

My best shot was a 30 yard chip/pitch over water hit the went in the hole then hit the pin a popped out leaving me a 3 inch putt for only par.

i hit a bunch of great shots but the "best" shot was a punch out from the woods on the left...
i was in jail... just popped a 5i really low and it missed every tree finding the left side of the green

Chipped in from approximately 40 feet. Hit it to hard but it broke right to the pin, smacked it and dropped in the hole. First time I've ever done that!

138 yard 8i uphill slightly. hit 8-inches from the cup hopped forward 2.5 feet and stopped. Great end to a horrible round

Wasn't 'my' shot but OEM had a tee shot with his new 3w that 'cracked' like a gun shot. Really cool to hear.

Hit my 5h 178 over a line of tall fir trees that guard the left side fairway of our 90* dogleg par 5, stopped 10 feet past the pin and made the eagle putt .

I hit par 5 #3 @ Willow Lake in 2. Perfect driver and 3wd to the green to about 12 feet. I didn't hit putt high enough to make the eagle putt. However that only second time I've hit that green in 2 so I was happy.

chipped in from 10 yds or so with my LW to save par on a slick/fast downhill green to start the back 9. too bad I couldn't carry the momentum the rest of the round to finish as strong as I started....

I was just telling Hanks that I almost holed three chips with the 56° Mizzy wedge on the front nine yesterday. One of them hit the green 1 inch from the hole, checked and stopped a foot away.

The best one of the day was from some deep junk off the green. I've been struggling with those shots, but I remembered something amollerud said, I hit down hard on the ball and it popped up, landed where I wanted and skirted right by the lip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back