Official THP 2011 Golf Outing & Demo Day

Sushi banquet would be very difficult IMO. I like all. Foods, girlfriends a healthy eater so fried chicken probably out hahha. I'm sure whatever jb and gg pick out will be amazing!

I'm sure whatever jb and gg pick out will be amazing!

We are working on it now. Being officially more than half full already means we can finally start to talk numbers with the fine folks at PGA National. The earlier we will fill up, or get close to 75% confirmed, the sooner we can start taking requests for demo day equipment and get the thread for demo day kicked off.

We have some really exciting things lined up for this one that have not been talked about yet in both contests and other features. As more people register and we fill up, we will release that information as much it, has to do with THP filling this one again.

We are working on it now. Being officially more than half full already means we can finally start to talk numbers with the fine folks at PGA National. The earlier we will fill up, or get close to 75% confirmed, the sooner we can start taking requests for demo day equipment and get the thread for demo day kicked off.

We have some really exciting things lined up for this one that have not been talked about yet in both contests and other features. As more people register and we fill up, we will release that information as much it, has to do with THP filling this one again.

including a good presentation on course management from yours truly?

after playing with you and hearing how you dissect a course, I'd sign up for that presentation
including a good presentation on course management from yours truly?

Things are looking more promising for us, so I really really hope this doesn't fill up prior to when we can book. (early in the new year) I just checked and flight to/from Orlando are in the $410 range per person, on WestJet from up here in Atlantic Canada. That means no paying to check the first bag I believe, so that is a pretty great price. Looking at flying into/out of Orlando on the 18th and 23rd.

Please don't fill up, please ;)

Things are looking more promising for us, so I really really hope this doesn't fill up prior to when we can book. (early in the new year) I just checked and flight to/from Orlando are in the $410 range per person, on WestJet from up here in Atlantic Canada. That means no paying to check the first bag I believe, so that is a pretty great price. Looking at flying into/out of Orlando on the 18th and 23rd.

I hope there is a spot for you RB. But question, will flights still be the same price in January? How to tell....Tough spot.

glad things are starting to look more promising for you and Flashy! Hope you can make it, I'd love to see you and Biggsy going head to head on the launch monitor:golf:

after playing with you and hearing how you dissect a course, I'd sign up for that presentation

haha, i think i'd put everyone to sleep hanks.

*requests to play in group behind rbelbin this time*

hope you can swing it dude!

I hope there is a spot for you RB. But question, will flights still be the same price in January? How to tell....Tough spot.

I hope so! Anything close to that price in January and we will be booking. Don't really like "charging" things, as I am sure most here understand. Don't feel too bad for us, we are going to Barbados in about a month. (and playing some golf)

I wish I had a magic 8 ball to tell me what flight prices are going to do. They are so high right now it would be hard to believe they could go up, but stranger things have happened. I hope the prices go down. The cheapest things we've found so far are

$1400 - Edmonton to Houston to West Palm to Newark to Houston to Edmonton (plus shuttle costs)

$1500 - Edmonton to Houston to Fort Lauderdale to Houston to Edmonton (includes car rental for the week)

Either way is really expensive.

I wish I had a magic 8 ball to tell me what flight prices are going to do. They are so high right now it would be hard to believe they could go up, but stranger things have happened. I hope the prices go down. The cheapest things we've found so far are
I have found the cheapest is about 3 months before. Or actually 1 month, but we can't leave it that long. One of the issues is that there are direct flights from Halifax-Orlando (or to Miami) that are cheaper, but they only fly direct from Feb 14th-April 30th.

We rented a car last time, and it was pretty great. Total cost was $89 + $15 in gas. No waiting at the Airport, and it was nice that we could put our stuff in the car before our Sunday round as we had to check out. This time we will be spending more time in Florida, and doing some shopping before attending the outing. Also the Drive from Ft. Lauderdale-West Palm was very easy, it took just over an hour, and we were driving in rush hour, and didn't even take the expressway that would have been even faster.

Or you can do this, Edmonton to Fort Myers and I'll shuttle you over

Grand Total - Canadian dollars $643.52 CAD pp

EDIT: Found on KAYAK.

$1400 - Edmonton to Houston to West Palm to Newark to Houston to Edmonton (plus shuttle costs)

$1500 - Edmonton to Houston to Fort Lauderdale to Houston to Edmonton (includes car rental for the week)

Either way is really expensive.

Last edited:

BOOM!!! SW FLA to the rescue. nicely done sir.

We'll actually be extending our stay. The plan is to go Wednesday to Wednesday. After all, this is going to be our honeymoon :D. Otherwise it would definitely be tempting!

We'll actually be extending our stay. The plan is to go Wednesday to Wednesday. After all, this is going to be our honeymoon :D. Otherwise it would definitely be tempting!

That is so exciting. Honored that you are making THP a part of that.

That is so exciting. Honored that you are making THP a part of that.

I can't think of a better place to go in all honesty. We had such a great time at the last Outing it was a no brainer to say that we'll have PGA be our honeymoon destination. It just worked out nicely (very nicely) that the Spring Outing is the weekend after my wedding. We are really looking forward to getting down there, seeing old friends and meeting some new ones too! It's such a great environment. Great people at a beautiful place. Couldn't ask for more. Thank you THP for setting this up for all of us. It will truly be an awesome weekend!

I can't think of a better place to go in all honesty. We had such a great time at the last Outing it was a no brainer to say that we'll have PGA be our honeymoon destination. It just worked out nicely (very nicely) that the Spring Outing is the weekend after my wedding. We are really looking forward to getting down there, seeing old friends and meeting some new ones too! It's such a great environment. Great people at a beautiful place. Couldn't ask for more. Thank you THP for setting this up for all of us. It will truly be an awesome weekend!

I agree it is a great spot. I think it's awesome you will be spending your honeymoon with us! Jenn and I will be celebrating our engagement from the last outing, and we will be in the midst of planning our own wedding for Sept 2011.

I agree it is a great spot. I think it's awesome you will be spending your honeymoon with us! Jenn and I will be celebrating our engagement from the last outing, and we will be in the midst of planning our own wedding for Sept 2011.

Wasting no time I see! You and Jenn do have something big to celebrate! I still thinks it's awesome you proposed down there. If I had been in your shoes I would have done the exact same thing. The Outing will be a blast for all the reasons we have to go. Golf, honeymoons, engagements, it will be a great weekend!

Incredible that you proposed during the outing. What if she said no? That would have made the outing slightly different huh? I kid of course, we were honored that you chose to do it at the THP Golf Outing.

We are so excited about the next one coming up soon. Some big shoes to fill, but we think it will get done.

Incredible that you proposed during the outing. What if she said no? That would have made the outing slightly different huh? I kid of course, we were honored that you chose to do it at the THP Golf Outing.

We are so excited about the next one coming up soon. Some big shoes to fill, but we think it will get done.

Since it was done walking back from the 18th green on the Palmer course, I would have been really bummed out
Spoiler
until I found out about TC's 12

that would have put a smile back on my face :act-up:

There is local rental car company in ft Lauderdale, their about half the national companies cost. FYI

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

There is local rental car company in ft Lauderdale, their about half the national companies cost. FYI

Cool, thanks!

Great info SWFLA. That should come in handy for quite a few if they choose to fly into that airport.

Back