Sure Putt Golf - Need Some Testers

I'd love to try this out myself, just don't think it will be long before the white stuff covers our greens.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

I've commented a number of times how I couldn't read a green if it had arrows on it pointing the way.
This little device could put that statement to the test.
Sadly I can't try and be one of the lucky ones getting to check this out.Being in a beautiful midwestern climate I don't beleive I'd be able to be any help in testing and reviewing. I'm too soft to golf in 40-50 degree or lower temps.
I'm looking forward to the comments on this though. It looks simple and easy to use. I'm curious to see if that's the case or if it works at all.

edit: P.S. If this thing works I'm sure I'd problely want one.

Last edited:
I struggle so bad reading greens and would love to give this little gadget a try! Anything that might help me to improve would be very much appreciated. Would be glad to give it a thorough and honest review.

I will pass on this, but I would like to weigh in on the product with my quick impressions on it.

1. Is it legal to use in USGA events? (I know that's a question)
2. It only measures the slope in the distance of it's diameter, anything outside of the diameter it cannot measure.
3. It would be time prohibitive(and probably illegal) to place the item in several spots along your putting line to measure the slope.
4. It doesn't take into account for grain of the green.
5. You can buy a similar bubble level in any RV store for $1.69(and they want $39.99 on their website?).

All in all, I'd say this is a cute, nearly non-functional gimmicky golf gadget that will be a big Christmas and Father's Day seller.
Somewhat in the line of a really bad tie or "World's Best Father" coffee mug.

But...these are just my opinions and I have been known to be completely wrong in the past, so judge for yourself.

Oops, didn't understand.
First Impressions: Looks like a good idea, although it looks bulky.
You probably can't use it in tournaments.
It would be cool if it had a measure for the degree of slope.

Sounds like a great concept, but question practical use. Love the design and size. Lately I have struggled with short putts around 2-3 feet. Keep pushing them to the right. Seeing breaks that are not there. Or are they? I'm in.

Very cool tool to help read breaks and "train" the eye. I think if you can put one in your pocket it'll be alright. You obviously can't have it to big or small. I too will pass on this one so some of the others on here can get a chance to do a write up. Sweet looking tool!

I have used a device very similar to this a few times as one of my buddies has one, it is about half the size of this one and is the same concept. For that reason I am going to pass on being included in the testing on this. I will post my comments about what I thought of the unit after the testing has been done and those chosen to test have put up their thoughts.

I have used a device very similar to this a few times as one of my buddies has one, it is about half the size of this one and is the same concept. For that reason I am going to pass on being included in the testing on this. I will post my comments about what I thought of the unit after the testing has been done and those chosen to test have put up their thoughts.

We have reviewed the "other" device previously and I can assure you, while the concept is the same, the design is different and it seems to be more substantial.

Hopefully we cam keep testing thoughts by the reviewers to this product rather than a similar one.

Kinda a neat concept. I'll have to pass on it myself since I'm currently undergoing a lot of re-tooling of my full swing mechanics so I probably won't have the free time to be playing with my putting this winter.

However, thinking about it, I'm unconvinced on the effectiveness of it. I guess my point would be:
1) for 3ft and less, you can always just aim at the center of the hole and drill it in....any slope that forces you to aim outside the hole for a putt that short would be really obvious.
2) I guess the sweet spot for this device would be more of a ~6foot putt with a slight single break......but for those slight breaks, you'll have to probably measure the line 3-4 times to see if the break is constant or where the break actually is (assuming it's a subtle read)
3) Anything long (>15feet I guess) would probably make this quite a chore to use wouldn't it?

I would love to test this for y'all. I have fooled around with my own levels on my putting green but figured out the were not really heavy enough. The added weight makes a lot of sense to me. I am going into my business off season and will have a great deal of extra time on my hands. My wife likes to golf with me and I will be able to include her thoughts also. My initial thoughts were that it was too small to work, but if the thing is bigger in person it may just be the help I am looking for in my putting practice. Nice looking packaging too.

Great idea! Interested in seeing how it works in a real life situation. My first thought was the snide remarks that would come your way by your friends playing with you. The next thought I had was, if it works then who cares! Your going to be sinking putts all day and they are going to be eating their words. Love the idea. Some of the best ideas are the most simple ones. If it is as handy as it seems, you would have to fight off relying on it too much, and remember to take other things into consideration (ie grain, etc).

I would love to test this, but I will bow out as well, as my problem is not reading greens, as much as controlling speed. Looks like a standard level, just circular. I cant see it being terribly effective on complicated surfaces, with multiple breaks. I can also see some problems with different grasses, i.e. Bermuda, as well as greens near bodies of water. Oh yeah. It costs 40 bucks... No thanks. Seriously, is it filled with Patron or something? come on guys...

This looks awesome! Putting is THE WORST part of my game...I'm just so bad at it...This looks like it can definitely help you read the greens and where the breaks are. I missed awesome birdies and that's because of my putting!

We have reviewed the "other" device previously and I can assure you, while the concept is the same, the design is different and it seems to be more substantial.

Hopefully we cam keep testing thoughts by the reviewers to this product rather than a similar one.

That is why I said I took myself out of this testing and said I would only comment after people spoke about this. Iam not sure what device you are thinking about JBb ut the one I am is virtually identical to this. We can take this off the thread and I can show you a pic if you choose.

I feel this this would be cheating in some way, sorta like testing the surface. uuuummm Not sure though?

JB - my questions....

1) Is it too big to use as a ball marker? Silver dollar size isn't a manhole cover, but pretty distracting...

2) Would it be legal in regular play or tournament play? We can use yardage tools in tournament play....

3) What is the approximate price point that it will sell for?

4) Do the testers return them to THP after testing so others can test?

Green reading, especially subtle breaks, is a real weakness of mine for being a low handicapper. I strike a lot of putts well that I marginally misread and therefore just miss. This tool looks like it would have real potential.

This has me curious for time on the practice greens. I would be willing to test it but be forwarned it might be some time before the weather permits me to give it a whirl.

I feel this this would be cheating in some way, sorta like testing the surface. uuuummm Not sure though?

Yes, it would be cheating. You could only use this device on a "practice" round, not in a tournament or for a handicap eligible round, etc.

Seems like it could be a pretty helpful tool since I looks as if you could carry this around in your pocket just like a marker. My putting game is fairly inconsistent as I have days where I can roll the ball really well and on others I can't get the ball rolling true on the green for the life of me. I don't expect this tool to be a cure all for bad putting, but more of a nudge in the right direction when it comes to those tough to read slopes. I know it won't be able to give me the correct line all the way from point A to point B, but it could certainly help you with that spot in between that you don't think you can figure out. That being said, I have plenty of time to put this little tool to the test here in Hawaii where the greens stay green all the time. Also, I play two or three rounds a week every week and spent countless hours on the putting greens. All of my rounds are practice rounds right now because, as I have said before, I have only been playing for a few months. I'd love to give you an opinion on this tool if you would like to give me a chance.

I would be more than happy to test this guy out. I am actually surprised at the number of folks bowing out. As others have noted, I have seen similar devices in stores, and always thought it was a touch gimmicky. I can see how it would be helpful, but it would definitely be time consuming, given that it can only provide a true read for a very small area of green. You would think that since I play the same course almost all of the time, I would know the greens inside out, and yet...

Send one my way, so I can learn to putt!

I've noticed these in PGA SS, wouldn't mind taking one for a test spin for a few rounds.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Would love to test it out but I'm in Ohio and probably won't have many opportunities to use so I'll just lurk here and read the reviews. I wonder what ur playing partner would say if u pulled this thing out of your pocket lol. I'm curious to see how much it helps read those breaks that could be slight or straight. I think that's where this would be useful. Big breaks would be easy to read and just have to get the feel.

I'd love to test this out. First thing that came to mind was it's looks pretty cool.

Back