Great post SMG!

I'm almost leary to post a goal this year as I simply did not reach last years. I broke 80 like three times last year, once at the end of the season, so really expected to break that barrier quite a bit this season. I played more golf than ever this year, worked extremely hard on my mid irons and short game, that had already been working pretty solid, only to mess up the short game and my long game came around, haha.

Highlights:
Broke 80 twice
Shot very consistent 83 average
Made it to four THP Outings including Florida and met a ton of great people, made a ton of new friends.
Winning the beautiful Bettinardi putter has to rank way up there.
Had my own Putter hand crafted by Gene Nead ranks way up there.

Goals:
Play to have fun
Learn to score more often once I'm in position to
Play the course smarter, especially new to me courses
Break that elusive 80 a whole lot more.

Where do I begin...

My best score by far has only been 104...so I know I've got it in me to beat that!! The lessons will keep on going, I'd like to be more consistent with ALL of my clubs. I'm either better in my woods than my irons or vice versa and just horrible with the putter all the time :( I'd like to be consistent throughout my entire bag. So I guess I just need to work on my entire game, especially with holes that are par 5s.

Oh boy, I've got a lot of work to do :)

Where do I begin...

My best score by far has only been 104...so I know I've got it in me to beat that!! The lessons will keep on going, I'd like to be more consistent with ALL of my clubs. I'm either better in my woods than my irons or vice versa and just horrible with the putter all the time :( I'd like to be consistent throughout my entire bag. So I guess I just need to work on my entire game, especially with holes that are par 5s.

Oh boy, I've got a lot of work to do :)

You'll get there GC, as determined as you are and the hard work you have put in will pay off in time.

Mine is simple.

-Correct my mental meltdown on holes 8-12
-Score better on Par 3's
-Not embarrass myself @ PGA National

My goals are:

1. Improve my putting. Last round I shot a 90 with 41 putts. That's just terrible...I had as many putts as I had total shots for the back 9.
2. Get fitted for a putter. I'm still using a hand me down Ping from my Dad.
3. Eliminate my over the top tendency and truly learn how to come from inside on my swing path, consistently.
4. Get to 10 or under for my handicap. (Currently at 14.2)

-Work out to improve wrist/forearm fitness to try and fight my habit of taking away with my wrists instead of my shoulders.
-Take another 5 lessons - would you guys suggest taking those right at the start of the season, or maybe midway through after I get some rounds under my belt.
-Golf at least once a week, practice at least once a week at the range.

- Try to break 80 on my home course more consistently (hopefully break 75!!)
- Spend more time on the practice range, especially from 125 yards in.
- Play in a few tournaments

Single Digit handi, even it's a 9!

- take lessons to have an good eye on my swing
- Eliminate my over the top swing.
- Work on getting center hits on my irons and woods
- Work on flexibility and getting in better shape.

Highlights from 2010:
1. Breaking 80 for the 1st time
2. Making 2 birdies in a row
3. Meeting new friends playing golf
4. Lowing Handicap a lot

Goals:
1. Get longer off the tee
2. Hit more GIR
3. Lower putt number
4. Become a single digit handicapper (I think these 4 go hand in hand)\
5. Play a round or rounds with fellow THPers
6. Start for my High School Golf Team
7. Place in a GSGA Summer Tournament
8. Break 80 a lot more.

Highlights from 2010

1. Reached my goal of getting my hdcp to 5 or better. (4.3 right now and was 3.6 for a month)
2. Finding my new online golf home.....THP !!
3. Moved into our new home that is 1 1/2 blocks from 2 great golf courses.
4. Played more rounds of golf this year than any other year of my life.

Goals for 2011

1. Make it to the THP outing this spring. (Just have to convince the wifey)
2. Get my hdcp down to 3 or better and holding it there.
3. Play even more golf than 2010
4. Get a proper fitting for all new clubs.
5. Reach 2000 posts on THP

1. Break 45 consistantly during school golf. During regular matches I can break 40 sometimes, but school matches still are tough.
2. Get a real handicap.
3. Bring handicap below 10.
4. Hit 3-6 iron a lot better. (I just started hitting my 6 well yesterday and I hope it stays that way.)
5. Be captain of my middle school team. (Although my coach doesn't really know me.)

My first season this. Oddly the Danish Golfing Union starts rookies at 54. I hear most other places it's 28? Anyways, cut it down to 32 by now. Going by math I guess I'll be shooting for around 10 next season.

.. nah, joking. I aim to be in the 20-25 range by the end of 2011.

Goals for 2010:
1. Break 80 on my home course
2. Single digit handicapper
3. Convince wife to go to THP golf outing to meet the wonderful THP members I have met here.

This is a great thread. Maybe by writing down goals they are more likely to be realized!!

I have two main goals for 2011:
1. Single digit handicap
2. Remain injury free by paying more attention to conditioning, strength, and flexibility.

MY GOLF GOALS FOR 2011

HANDICAP - 9
FAIRWAYS - 50%
GREENS IN REG - 50%
SCRAMBLING - 20%
PUTTING - 1.9 p/h
PARS - 50%
BIRDIES - 10%
DOUBLE BOGIE - <10%
AVGE DRIVE 300 YRDS
DRIVE HOLE # 16 50% OF TIME
STICK WITH ONE SET OF CLUBS ALL SEASON
WIN AT LEAST ONE CHAMPIONSHIP
PRACTICE 3X/WEEK - RANGE, PUTTING
BREAK 80 SEVERAL TIMES
MAKE EVERY SHOT COUNT
CONTROL EMOTIONS ON THE COURSE
RECORD EVERY ROUND IN THE IPHONE APP
TAKE LESSONS WHEN NEEDED
SCORE 72/PAR AT LEAST ONCE

Well my main goal is to get back to a 6. So this year I need to work on consistency:
1) Hit more fairways. I struggled this year with the driver. I averaged 35% FIR which is just pathetic. I need to play smarter and hit the 3 wood when I can. Want to get this to 50%

2) Hit more greens. I was just as bad at hitting greens as I was hitting fairways. First was to get GI clubs. I have played better with the G15's and next year I look to get more comfortable with them. I averaged 35% in this category as well. Want to get it to 50%

3)Make more putts. This is the worst part of my game. I am averaging 36 putts a round and had 2 rounds with 40 putts. I want to get this down to 32

4) Play some golf with THP'ers. I have played with Mdbuschr and he was awesome to play with. Really would love to have a pretty regular 4some to tee it up with.

This is a cool thread!
2010 was my first "season" and my goal was as simple as can be:
1) Play more golf - I can definitely say mission accomplished. I think I progressed quite a bit this year, from just hacking out there with no idea what I was doing to breaking 100 once and consistently bringing my handicap down.

For 2011, I'll commit to these goals:
1) consistently break 100
2) break 90 once
3) get fitted for all clubs
4) take lessons
5) continue to have fun and stay excited to play each week.

Good goals everybody!

Beat TC in a round of golf.
Beat JB in a round of golf.
Win Senior Club Championship
Solid club contact with each club in my bag
Putt more consistantly

High goals but not out of reach :thumb:

Last edited:
to catch the state record largemouth bass and get it documented unlike the last time.

1) Lower Handicap to 18 (Inc GIRs, Lower Putts, Lower "stupid shots")
2) Get better understanding of the game of golf.
3) Continue to drop weight so the game of golf becomes easier.
4) Play a round of golf with some of the people I did not get to last year (either at the outing in May or another time)

Beat TC in a round of golf.
Beat JB in a round of golf.
Win Senior Club Championship
Solid club contact with each club in my bag
Putt more consitantly

High goals but not out of reach :thumb:

haha, i beg to differ!

i think you could take me though:

Spoiler
because now you get to move up to the senior tees

haha, i beg to differ!

i think you could take me though:

Spoiler
because now you get to move up to the senior tees

hehe I am coming after ya brother. I figure if I can whup you guys that will put me in the eilte golfing group :golf2:.. I need to hit from the Senior tees! You guys whack the heck out of the ball and slowly but surely my distance is leaving me :at-wits-end:

Back